Free PSP!

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Miyazaki, May 14, 2004.

1. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +850
  2. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +850
    http://www.gamespot.com/all/news/news_6072659.html

All the specs for the PSP. It can play music, films and god knows what else. Apparently a coffee making add-on and a washing-up addon will be released at a later date. Also it has the ability to pause time, but a battery upgrade is needed for that.

3. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    From what i read you wont be able to play movies off the memory stick so that means buying "Sonys" Special UMD movies and how many people are gona want to buy 2 versions of a film 1 for home viewing and 1 for on the move viewing?

I just cant see many people forking out for the PSP, not only is the hardware gona be very exspensive, you then need memory sticks to play music and the 128 - 256MB memory sticks are not what you call cheap, then to play movies you have to buy sonys movies (and then your limited to movies less than 2.5 hours) unless you want to buy ANOUTHER addon and get a seperate battery lol i mean jesus its abit rediclious.

They might do a special bargain bundle, PSP + 256MB Memory stick + 2 Free movies + Extra addon pack all for a bargain £500 :)

Might as well buy a PS2 with a portable LCD screen and stick a power pack on ya back will be half as much money :)

4. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
  5. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    if smartmovie can let you play movies on your p900 im pretty sure they will have a crack at trying to get it to work on the psp,and if they do get it working you will be able to watch movies from the 128mb memory stick or even better quality from a 256mb one :) but i reckon if you do have to buy the film on disc etc that will be the end of that,like betamac says your not gonna buy 2 versions of one film just to watch one on the move.im deffo getting one of these though :D there are no games i really like to be honest on the ds.

6. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The difference with the P900 is it runs on a OS UIQ and smartphones run on a OS like Symbian just like ngage the PSP does not so i doubt there will be a way to develop software for the PSP like you can UIQ and symbian

but we will see

7. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    valid point point about the UIQ SYMBIAN SYSTEM,if thats the case screw that mate its the only way i will watch films on the psp,im not paying for 2 sets of films no way.must admit im quite interested to see what both of the systems can do :) if the ds gets a few sports games then i might have alook.then again mario golf does play a hell of a game just a footie one and a driving one an i would be well happy,but imho nothing will beat GT4 on the psp or pro evo that is my only bug bear with the ds and the fact its ugly lol ;)

8. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think the 2 main games i would wanna play on PSP would be GT and PES but it would have to drop in price first,
    Nintendo did say the DS was not a final design maybe they will go away and change it a little based on comments from E3 you never know, EA are one of the main supporters of the Cube so it would not surprise me to see a few sports games on the DS,
    A pocket resident evil would be nice on the DS :)

9. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    mmmmmm resi :) on the move unfortunately id rather put my head into a nest of angry hornets before playing fifa lmao.i really like most of the other fifa games though but just not fifa.imagine FIGHT NIGHT on the move aswell very very nice.

10. Chanser

Chanser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    All pre-orders at Lik-Sang for DS and PSP are the following:
    Reservation List Terms & Conditions:

1. Your Pre-Order is not binding and you can cancel at any time.
    2. Once release details are know, you will receive an email that you need to confirm.
    3. Should you decide to confirm, you will keep your position in the pre-order list.
    4. Unit price and features are not confirmed and can change at any time.
    5. Release date of the unit is not confirmed and might change.
    6. The product is listed with a dummy price - your Credit Card is NOT charged.
    7. All pre-orders are limited to a maximum of 2 units.

http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3332
    :rolleyes:

11. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,345
    Suppose it's too early to say but are there any indications that PSPs from different regions will be region locked at all? Will one bought from lik-sang be able to play US or UK games etc?

Cheers
    Andy

12. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +850
    Apparently the PSP will be region encoded. The DS is less likely to be IMO as none of the previous gameboys have region encoding.

13. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +838
    dont forget to add in the price of having all yopockets expanded to fit it in - its not exactly small from the move i saw last week. its not a HANDheld Its a HANDSheld.

Gary