1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free PPV channels on Sky - whats the crack?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Daverey2, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Daverey2

Daverey2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hi

Just been loking round on eBay and there seems to be no end of auctions for info on how to get all the PPV stuff from Sky for nothing by either messing with cables or inputting certain codes etc?

Whilst I am not thinking of getting involved in any of this, I am curious to see if they actually work or are just a scam, and if they do work then I guess they are completely illegal? If they are done is there any way in which Sky can find out you are getting them for nothing??

Dave (intrigued)

2. dsk19s

dsk19s

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what it is ..is anemail that tells you to put in a code in the installers menu that prevent sky from being to dial into your box but it doesnot work you'd be aswell to take out the tel line as after a while dependant on what your box office credit limit is with sky and every one has one it will give you a message insufficient credit left on your viewing card what sky will then do as you'll probably call to complain is ofrce a call back from the box and hey presto you've been charged for the box office as it wasnot free just preventing sky from receiving what you have watched...avoid it :)

3. Daverey2

Daverey2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Thought it might be something like that. It just amazed me how many of the codes and things were for sale and I was just curious to see if there really was such a big loop hole in Sky's policies that would allow this.

Ta

Dave

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    There's been all sorts of scams over the years. One trick was to fool the box into thinking it was connected to a phone line when it wasn't, so you could "buy" movies, which they would never find out. Trouble is that most of these scams only work short-term, because the box only allows a few movies to be purchased before it needs to connect to Sky. When Sky find out that you are trying to steal from them, they will suspend your service, and may prosecute you.