• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Free photography kit

Tobers

I've just done some adding up.

Turns out that I've reached a bit of a milestone and my photography kit has now paid for itself. This has come from a mixture of Getty/Scoopt sales, Fotolia, iStockphoto, polo pics to members at Hurtwood Polo Club, a couple of paid parties, some articles in polo magazines and last weekend's mens fashion photoshoot (by far the biggest single earner). A few other sundry sales in there as well.

This clearly is GOOD NEWS.

I feel rather tempted to go out and buy some more kit now :D.

Interestingly, my approach to photography has also changed. Because I've been snapping most weekends I've had little time to photograph "for the joy of it". Whilst I really enjoy doing the sport stuff, and the fashion shoot was stressful as anything but good fun, I do miss the creative side. At the end of a ferocious weekend like last weekend, I feel "snapped out".

Now that the polo season is done, I'm looking forward to getting out and about and finding interesting stuff to shoot with my free gear.

allymac123

Nice one :thumbsup: I'm on my way there but still a way off at the moment. We'll see how my court case does first!!

So I take it you'll be wanting to go on a nice 'creative' trip to Harris or Lewis then in the new year then?

And you'll obviously want to pay for me too yeah?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom