Free PC Healthcheck?

carl.waring

So, Lix. Any other really well-known, high-profile companies you know actively scam people? :rolleyes:

No. This will be geniune.

Fmrl

Novice Member
I received the email and deleted it. The thought of someone remotely accessing my pc and trying to "turbocharge" it just doesn't appeal to me. :rolleyes:

Marc

It might be effective for a few people with no pc knowledge but It's unlikely they're going to do anything most people couldn't do themselves, ie delete temporary files, defrag, run a virus scan and they'll probably end up installing their AV software which is horrendous and uses up a ton of cpu just idling. Perhaps they might also set up file sync with their cloud service which again you could do yourself with dropbox and doesn't rely on you remaining with the same isp to keep access to your files.

LJx

So, Lix. Any other really well-known, high-profile companies you know actively scam people? :rolleyes:

No. This will be geniune.
I guess scam is not the right word but if it is from virgin what can they do apart from snoop around your personal files and install some adware/spyware

carl.waring

I guess scam is not the right word...
Which was my only point :)

...but if it is from virgin what can they do apart from snoop around your personal files and install some adware/spyware
The same any other company offering such a service, I assume.

Plenty of scams use the names of high profile companies.
And yet this one is coming direct from VM and is therefore not a scam.

liamt

Which was my only point :)

The same any other company offering such a service, I assume.

And yet this one is coming direct from VM and is therefore not a scam.
how do you know its direct?

i can send emails as anyone i like. so can anyone who can set up a basic apache/php server.

im not saying this isnt legit but just wanted to point out that its pretty easy to spoof any email address i like.