FREE Oppo and Clones Jailbreak

A Poster Wall/GUI is over-rated. I don't have the time to curate it let alone try to get one working.
It requires a Windows PC too.

So, have you tried DVR-Provider 3.x? It says its compatible with the Oppo-203/205 and M9702.

A Poster Wall/GUI is over-rated. I don't have the time to curate it let alone try to get one working.
It requires a Windows PC too.

So, have you tried DVR-Provider 3.x? It says its compatible with the Oppo-203/205 and M9702.

I tested DVR-Provider, but eventually went with a HTPC with Kodi and jriver as external player.

Hello, can someone assist in explaining the proper way to capture a NAND backup of an Oppo UDP-203? I read the instructions on page 1 of this thread. I have a FAT32 formatted USB stick and I downloaded the AutoScript zip mentioned. I extracted the file and placed the AutoScript folder on the stick. From there, I placed the USB stick in the player and I see that the player recognizes the stick as it displays usb in the upper right corner of the screen. After that, nothing seems to happen. Is something happen in the background? I did read you need to wait 30 minutes. As I haven’t seen any indication that something is happening, I am not sure if there is anything additional i need to do to get the backup running. Any assistance that could be provided would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

bd6675;

If your USB Flash drive has a lite on it, it should have blinked while the NAND Dump was being copied to it and then you can look on the root of the flash drive for those 23 files. If there are no files on it, you might need to try another USB Flash drive. The Oppo-203/205 can be picky on some Flash drives not being recognized. Or, the AutoScript folder with that AutoScript.TSS file wasnt on the Flash drives root. Or maybe re-format the Flash drive to Fat32. Also, the Oppo-203/205 might not run the AutoScript.TSS file. There are older firmwares that the Oppo-203/205 don't have AurtoScript Feature enabled:

Firmwares, 20X-54-1127 does not have AutoScript feature.
Firmwares, 20X-56, 20X-60, 20X-65-0131 have AutoScript feature enabled.

bd6675;

If your USB Flash drive has a lite on it, it should have blinked while the NAND Dump was being copied to it and then you can look on the root of the flash drive for those 23 files. If there are no files on it, you might need to try another USB Flash drive. The Oppo-203/205 can be picky on some Flash drives not being recognized. Or, the AutoScript folder with that AutoScript.TSS file wasnt on the Flash drives root. Or maybe re-format the Flash drive to Fat32. Also, the Oppo-203/205 might not run the AutoScript.TSS file. There are older firmwares that the Oppo-203/205 don't have AurtoScript Feature enabled:

Firmwares, 20X-54-1127 does not have AutoScript feature.
Firmwares, 20X-56, 20X-60, 20X-65-0131 have AutoScript feature enabled.
Thanks for the quick reply. I have the latest stock firmware with AutoScript. I will try another

My reply got cut off...I will try another USB stick and see if I have success. That being said, other than the lights flashing on the drive, I should not see any other indicator that anything is happening, correct? I just need to check the drive after 30 minutes for the files, right? It also doesn't matter if the stick is in the front USB port, correct?

bd6675, it shouldnt matter if you use the front USB port or the back. But, by all means, try the back USB port. From the NAND Dump copying files to the Flash drive, thats it. No other indicator that it has completed the process. We had another NAND Dump Autoscript that included the complete process by ejecting the BD-ROM drive.

Thanks again. Got it to back up the files. Now my last remaining task is to change the language from Russian to English and I can't find the setting even using the instructions on the first page. I go to the gear icon and from there I can't figure out where to change the osd language. Any pointers?

One last question..I swear...ha...Any idea why after I install the Russian Jailbreak, I can enter my username and password to gain access to my NAS (via SMB) but from time to time when I go back to the NAS and try and access it, it says the login credentials are wrong. I restart my Oppo 203 and it recognizes my credentials again without me having to re-enter them. Any ideas?

bd6675, what region Oppo-203 do you have? Congrats on Jailbreaking it.

SMBv1 is the only version compatible with the Oppo-203/205. I'd recommend NFS.

Other than that, I dont know why your NAS and Oppo-203 is having Log in issues.

Thanks! I have a US Oppo-203. I will play around with some of the settings on my Synology. Again, thank you for the quick responses...very helpful!

One last question..I swear...ha...Any idea why after I install the Russian Jailbreak, I can enter my username and password to gain access to my NAS (via SMB) but from time to time when I go back to the NAS and try and access it, it says the login credentials are wrong. I restart my Oppo 203 and it recognizes my credentials again without me having to re-enter them. Any ideas?
I think this is a known bug in Oppo. If you get this login credentials error you just need to access any other neighboring SMBv1 shared folder and then go back to one you were trying to access in the first place. Then it works again. That is how it works for me, no need for power cycle.

hlindstr, really, a "known bug"?? I think I forgot that. I should have a list of known bugs for the Oppo-203/205 by now..

1. There's the EDID Dolby Vision bug for some UHDTVs.
2. SMBv1 bug log in credentials with a NAS.

Last edited:
Well, maybe not widely known but a bug I have encountered many years for now. It's been there from the launch. I have seen writing about it many times in the forums. Probably in one of the 20x threads at US AVSforums.

Can someone point me to a site/guide for recommended settings for the Oppo-203? I have a Samsung UN55JS8500 (purchased in December of 2015). A Sonos Arc running through an HDFury 4K Arcana 18Gbps device (the Oppo also connects to this device). I understand that most setups differ but was wondering if there was a good general guide for a starting point. Thanks again.

db6675,
I have a Sony Bravia A8 4K UHDTV. I was told to use:
Audio Output Setup:
HDMI Audio Format - Bitstream

Video Output:
HDR - Auto
Output Resolution - Auto
Custom Resolution - UHD Auto

Its going to be subjective for video to your UHDTV, so those above settings might not work for you.
I've read things like, video lead, use output as source, or Dolby Vision led...
I guess, play around with the settings. Good luck.

Hey all,
I have m9702 clone Oppo. I want to install xnoppo on my raspberry pi 4.
I don't have an LG TV but a TCL TV.
I followed the tutorial on the avpasion forum and I managed to install everything I need (xnoppo + emby server). I have access to the xnoppo configuration page.

On the other hand I do not understand because in this tutorial they say that we can then use the emby client on the phone to launch a film by clicking at the top right on the xnoppo cast out if I select xnoppo and I launch my film nothing does not move and nothing starts.
I tried to choose my m9702 player and then I can play mkv or m2ts movies but cannot run bluray structure or iso file.

So if some people have installed it and if they have any tips I would be delighted to know them.

moremodey01
How to restore rootfs_enc_it_1.bin?
My oppo UDP-203 can’t create a music database. Playing CD music has a cover image and is connected to the Internet, but now there is no cover image.

This cannot be restored with the dd command, can I use mtktool to flash in? How should I use it? Thank you!

vs.gif

data.gif

moremodey01
How to restore rootfs_enc_it_1.bin?
My oppo UDP-203 can’t create a music database. Playing CD music has a cover image and is connected to the Internet, but now there is no cover image.

This cannot be restored with the dd command, can I use mtktool to flash in?
I do also not get any covers. Maybe something in the Musicbrainz API has changed.

Last edited:
I do also not get any covers. Maybe something in the Musicbrainz API has changed.
Example: ABBA ‎-- Gold (Greatest Hits), Celine Dion-The Colour Of My Love...
Previously playing CD Disc had a cover image, but now there is no cover image.
R-8458115-1462017950-7494.jpeg.jpg
The_color_of_my_love.jpg

My udp-203 has been formatted with NADN, and some functions are missing. The restored MTD may be able to solve it

Send me something I can test for
local HDD file, not actual CD. I dont think I have any audio CDs with cover art included with them.

Playing CD Disc automatically gets the cover from gracenote database. I’m 100% sure there is

HDD or mount NFS to SD music files automatically build a database, the Category list (Artist, Album and Genre)

Previously, the old picture was in the database in the music option. After formatting the NAND, it does not work now. Restoring the ver.60 MTD block may make the function work
m6.jpg

now...
m6-1.jpg

Last edited:
Going back to the chinoppo M9702 V3 and my slowdown problem on the 4k bluray, I reset it last time and unplugged for a few minutes. I then reconnected it and on the 2 4k bluray that I read behind no problem then a few days later on a third again one or sometimes two slowdown on a movie ...

I tried to replay the same part of the film that was slowed down several times in a row and always the same. I tested on my pc and the film and played without slowing down even on these parts of film which is problematic on the chinoppo.

I then unplugged the chinoppo again for several minutes and then factory reset + set the resolution to "direct output", I retested the same parts of these movies that were slowed down and no more slowdown... so I have the impression that to properly stop my chinoppo I must first go through the oppo app on the phone with the procedure that goes well + unplug it electrically until next time its should perhaps solve my problem....

I specify that my hard drives are in a box connected in usb3 on the chinoppo and with its own power supply.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom