FREE Oppo and Clones Jailbreak

BTW I'm planning to hack this thingy so that the language stays at English for Zone B, probably change Zone A to French (the Canucks will love that!) Since Australia, New Zealand, England and South Africa are English-speaking countries and since most Europeans understand English it makes far more sense (unless you're American, of course).

haiqu, well, I tried it on my copy of Dark Crystal UHD disc and it copied all encrypted files out onto my external flash drive from my AutoScript. I originally was trying to rip my Audio CD-Rs, but its drive is hidden or no where to be found via telnet cli.

Cool, I'll have to look into that, it could save a lot of time if I can just dump DVDs straight to the NAS as ISO files.

haiqu, if it works, it will only dump, slowly, encrypted DVD folders. I don't own an optical drive for my Mac Mini M1. If you do have one for your PC, then this method is a waste of time. Doesn't that BDP10X that's now Jailbroken give you the Region Switch feature? If you ever figure out how or where these Oppos mount a red book audio CD, let me know.
Below is what I look for on my Oppo-203 for a mounted physical 4K is: disc, disc_00_0

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 4.44.42 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 4.44.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 4.44.42 PM.png
    90.6 KB · Views: 91
If you do have [an optical drive] for your PC, then this method is a waste of time.
Righto then.

Doesn't that BDP10X that's now Jailbroken give you the Region Switch feature?
Of course, but I'd rather fix it so that the behaviour is appropriate for an AU version. Which means removing the Russian default reset stuff and so on, which is annoying as heck.

If you ever figure out how or where these Oppos mount a red book audio CD, let me know.
Sure.

Last edited:
Found a little bug with the firmware. It won't open the drawer, either from the remote or the front panel button! Looks like this is a modified version Rong uses for his media boxes. I'll have to reflash it, thankfully that will only require using the USB port this time.

Interestingly it's not a firmware bug. I restored the AU firmware and the drawer still doesn't open. :thumbsdow

haiqu, did you try a Telnet cli to see if cliprog reports an error while trying to open the BD-Rom tray? The Oppo-203 remote code to Open is 0xaf000

Heres the terminal bash command for my
Oppo-203:

Code:
echo -e "drv.ir.rx.sq 0xaf000\nquit" | cliprog
[\code]

I thought of that yesterday but couldn't find the details amongst all these threads. Just tried it but can't telnet in, which is strange. I'm gonna have to get out the programming dongle again.

Edit: Checked the USB stick and I had the wrong program in there. Second attempt was successful, in a way.

Response: open cli device OK!

The tray stayed closed.

Last edited:
haiqu, I saved alot on these threads. Not everything though..

I though you ran the AutoScript to turn Telnet on? Sometimes that helps.
Here:

Heres the other one with the VFD text:

I also have this:

In the end, I think, you have a h/w issue. If the front Eject button doesnt work.

Maybe reset to facfory defaults, reboot, turn off, unplug everything, wait 15 minutes, then re-connect everything and see if you still have the issue.

In the end, I think, you have a h/w issue. If the front Eject button doesnt work.

Maybe reset to factory defaults, reboot, turn off, unplug everything, wait 15 minutes, then re-connect everything and see if you still have the issue.
I don't believe in such coincidences. I'm gonna try the downgrade/upgrade path with the programmer, installing the AU version. I've already done the above, it was off and unplugged for 6 hours.

What I did to cause this was stupid: I installed the overlay meant for the 203 on the 103. I see now that if they have different sized memory I could have reset some registers in hardware, and that the small program used for upgrading may not be able to correct that.

Last edited:
Darren, can you try something for me? I just noticed that the settings backup on the UDP-203 with 20xRU-65-0131 installed results in a corrupt file when read on the PC. Please confirm that yours is ok.

Last edited:
haiqu,

Huh..? Post #1136, junk or partial corupt NAND? JB_overlay files might still be in the NAND?

Maybe use cle2000 AutoScript to uninstall JB_overlay?

As for my Oppo-203 that I turn on everyday, that has my custom Dark Theme
Beta on it, using JB_overlay v2beta, is running great.

Ive used a couple of times my Oppos backed up config settings file and that restored fine. Last time I did it, its progress bar was a little slow but it restored my settings just fine. I could
never read my oppo.cfg file properly on my MacOS, its not in english.

Anything else? A 103, cant really help you there much. I hope you figure it out.

Maybe downgrading to a base firmware and then doing multiple step up to esch new firmware might restore that BD-Rom drive tray back to opening and closing?

In #1117 you sent a link to an unpacked version of 10X-83AU-1226 and I have a couple of comments about that.

1. I just installed the MAIN10xAU.bin file in that archive via the USB dongle and the BDP-103 is back with RUSSIAN firmware again. Not sure how that occurred.
2. How did you unpack that file? I remember some mention of a Python script but damned if I can locate that comment, and at the time it seemed too vague to be followed anyhow without further details. Maybe that wasn't even related, but I've read everything and have a pretty good memory and for the life of me can't think of a complete description of that procedure.

Simply, I'd like to unpack a known original version of the AU files to ascertain if I get the same result a second time. Oh, and the drawer is still staying shut. ☹️

Rob

haiqu,

Huh..? Post #1136, junk or partial corupt NAND? JB_overlay files might still be in the NAND?

Maybe use cle2000 AutoScript to uninstall JB_overlay?
That's a bit moot, I've overwritten the whole lot several times now. My comment was about the size of the NAND itself. If the NAND on the 103 is smaller than the 203 I may have overrun the memory area and ended up in hardware address space. It's a longshot, but possible.

Edit: Scratch that possibility, the script doesn't write an image, but instead writes files to the internal OS. So if I ran out of NAND the OS wouldn't continue. I'll keep thinking about it ...

haiqu,
You will need homebrew on MacOS,
binwalk and sqaushfs to unpak unencryoted x.bin file firmwares.

There is a way to decrypt ones that are encrypted. 🙄🤫

I dont know how your 103 got suck in Russian firmware?

If you use MTKtool to downgrade to a lower firmware, that should not leave the 103 still with a Russian firmware..?

It has a NAND erase and Pit check.

haiqu,
binwalk and sqaushfs to unpak unencrypted x.bin file firmwares.
And they require Python. My memory wasn't so bad after all.

There is a way to decrypt ones that are encrypted. 🙄🤫

I dont know how your 103 got suck in Russian firmware?
The obvious way is that the file I installed was the Russian version, but how did it end up inside the AU archive?

haiqu,
I dont know. I can re-downlod the file and unpak it again and look at it.

I wasnt sure it required python.

Would you like me to unpak the bin file from you?

If I recall, I got it from here:

Two hours of screwing around with the usual awful Linux-oriented junk and I finally got binwalk to work. Hooray! So I'll take it from here buddy. Thanks for the pointers so far, you've been very helpful.

I just managed to unpack the file for the BDT101CI so I'm getting somewhere. It didn't require squashfs, which I'm still trying to find in a Windows version.

Look what just arrived in the mail! Not bad for AU$200.00 shipped. :)
Came with new HDMI cable ($99 retail) and a busted remote, which I can fix.
I just threw a region A BluRay in it and she played with no issues.

Attachments

• BDT101-front.jpg
    BDT101-front.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 106
  • BDT101-rear.jpg
    BDT101-rear.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 94
I've added a generic USB docker and generic RT5370 wifi stick and she connected to the network storage without issues. Now playing The Who's "Quadrophenia" (1973) in 2496 FLAC ripped from a Quad LP. It sounds amazing.

There are a few minor differences in this firmware. Since it only has stereo output there's no option to digitally filter the output for sub-woofers, or even limit the bandwidth to the speakers at all. Since I'm not using woofers it would have been nice to cut off at 90Hz like I do with the other Oppos to save the little 50mm Jordan drivers any grief, they're not meant for bass.

It also plays HDCD which I actually wanted. Very pleased with this purchase, they can pry this one from my cold, dead hands. I was going to put this unit in the guest bedroom but it's far too good for that.

Update: Five minutes of scratching at the spring terminals in the remote with a utility knife and changing it back to the correct channel and it's now working. That alone is worth US$79 + shipping. I think I got my money's worth here.

Last edited:
Rats! They have brand new BDT101CI backlit remotes on the US Oppo site for US$8.00 + US$5.00 shipping, but they only ship to USA, Canada and Mexico. Don't suppose you'd consider buying one and posting it to me ... not available at Interdyn at all. Will need my S/N if willing.

I've gotten Telnet working and extracted the NAND files, feeling safer now that I have a backup of critical data. So far this one seems to be very stable compared to the 203 and sounds better to me than either the 103 or 105. HDCD playback is excellent, and since I designed a HDCD DAC back in 1995 I'd know.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom