FREE Oppo and Clones Jailbreak

Congrats haiqu.

If I were you, don't order an M9203 from Rong. You have an actual Oppo-203.
Id keep an eye out on a 2nd Oppo-203 though.
Thanks. As I said, it's already on order. I'm a retired electronics engineer and plan to add my own analog stage to it. Then it will go in the upstairs bedroom, to be used for those weekends when I decide to sleep in and watch a movie.

A used UDP-203 is far too expensive now. I was lucky to get a new one at the price I did, and even then I almost didn't buy it. Sure glad I did though.

Sometimes, telnet refuses to work. Finiky. But as long as an AutoScript works, you CAN copy out your original bdpprog before Jailbreaking it.

As for your Original AU bdpprog file, can I get a copy of that?
As I said, I don't have it. I didn't see any instructions to extract that file, and couldn't see any need to do so until after the deed was done. Since (according to multiple reports) Telnet doesn't work on new units I can't see how it could have been done easily either.

If you have it, you CAN go back to the Original Stock Firmware.
Not without bdpprog_au I can't. Well yes, I could dig out a programming gadget and do the downgrade/upgrade route but I think we're beyond that stage. Besides, there doesn't appear to be a specific 60-0625 version for Australia so I could end up stuck at 45-0605. :-(

If I recall.. you could even SHFTP/, Telnet or use an AutoScript to put in the USA or EU original bdpprog and then you can go to EU or USA Original Stock Firmware.
Can't see why I'd want to do that really. I suspect that the _eu and _au files will probably be bit-identical (after all, we're both zone B) but I'd need someone to confirm that.

Last edited:
haiqu:

I was just giving you some of the options.

I never intend to go back to Original Stock firmware and it sounds like you will not want to either.

I've tested my AutoScript to copy out the original bdpprog. Its documented on page 1 post 1. its easy to do.

You could try asking Liwil for the original 65 bdpprog..?

Just for argument sake:
If you used the MTKTool (TTL-USB needed), downgraded to 45, then you could put on original 65.

Right now, I don't see AU 60 firmware..?

I never intend to go back to Original Stock firmware and it sounds like you will not want to either.
You'd be right there. :)

I've tested my AutoScript to copy out the original bdpprog. Its documented on page 1 post 1. its easy to do.

You could try asking Liwil for the original 65 bdpprog..?
OK, maybe he'll volunteer a copy, I don't like to beg.

Just for argument sake:
If you used the MTKTool (TTL-USB needed), downgraded to 45, then you could put on original 65.

Right now, I don't see AU 60 firmware..?
No, it's no longer available at Interdyn, the distributor for Australia. I did find a link in this thread though, so I have it now.

haiqu, last thing..

If you have original 60 firmware and were able to decrypt the bin, then you could
take out its bdpprog. This method has been
done. Im not gonna go into further details
0n that here. 🤫

haiqu, last thing..

If you have original 60 firmware and were able to decrypt the bin, then you could
take out its bdpprog. This method has been
done. Im not gonna go into further details
0n that here. 🤫
Now that sounds like an interesting challenge ...

Before I went to bed (I'd been up all night and most of the day reading this forum!) I downloaded it via the link in post #974. :)

Hey, look what I bought today. It was AU$150 + shipping ($50 for 6.5kg from the other side of the country). Yes, it's the super-rare Oppo BDT-101CI. Comes with brand new $99.00 retail HDMI cable and broken genuine remote, which alone is worth the purchase price when I get it working. Also, it's in the original packaging.

My Oppo obsession is getting out of hand. I now have a DV-983H, a BDP-93, a BDT-101CI, a BDP-103D, a BDP-105D and a UDP-203. Oh, and the M9203 of course.

Attachments

• BDT-101CI-1.jpg
    BDT-101CI-1.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 191
Interesting...

Oppo collecting.
I got two Oppo-203's with 1 extra new Oppo remote.

Yeah, Thomas S posted all the AU firmwares. I couldnt find his post, but, I got it. Thanks.

Wondering what you will think of Rongs Oppo clone compared to your real one? 🤔🙄🙂

Interesting...

Oppo collecting.
I got two Oppo-203's with 1 extra new Oppo remote.

Yeah, Thomas S posted all the AU firmwares. I couldnt find his post, but, I got it. Thanks.

Wondering what you will think of Rongs Oppo clone compared to your real one? 🤔🙄🙂
One of mine came without a remote and I bought two new ones, so have a spare as well.

I'm looking forward to hearing the M9203, it will be the first I'll have heard with an analog power supply. My obsession started through my old friend Allen Wright of VacuumState Electronics, now based in Switzerland, who used to modify the early models and turn them into absolute marvels. Since I was living on a yacht at the time I started buying whatever came up at a reasonable price, thinking that eventually I'd evaluate them and figure out which one I liked best then sell the remainder. Well, I finally bought a house last year and now I have the space and time to play with them.

I run the UDP-203 straight into a Victor JM-S7 VFET amp of 1975 vintage. Bloody amazing sound and even better video. I don't think much of the BDP-103D which has quite bright audio, and the BDP-105D is horribly coloured (again I'm referring to the sound here). But they can rip SACDs so I keep them around.

The BDT-101CI is the basic model with only one HDMI connection and stereo phono out. It will probably go in the guest room so that visitors can fully utilize the HD movies on the NAS.

Last edited:
Just as an experiment I connected up the BDP-103D and BDP-105D to their wifi dongles and tried to Telnet into them today. No go on either one, so then I figured, "What the hell, I know this thing will execute an AutoScript, let's see if the overlay will install so I can use SSH. The worst that can happen is that I'll brick the thing." And since the BDP-103D is about #3 or #4 on my order of desirable players and will likely never get used, that was the unit I tried it on.

Well the inevitable happened, I bricked it. Anyone know where the flash port is on one of these?

Hahahahaha. I'm such an idiot, but that was actually therapeutic. I spent my whole life fixing electronic stuff, today I actually got to kill something. LOL. :cool:

Oh, and before anyone asks ... yes I did back up the config and NAND before doing this.

haiqu, maybe open one of them up, look at the mobo for any uart serial port thingies?

I have no idea if they do or dont. One could google a service manual for one?

Hah, found the instructions on the bd-mod website. Should have it running again soon-ish. It took me an hour to find the right driver for my USB-UART board, then another hour to find the right port to plug into (there are THREE of them.) Now I have to locate a patch cable ... grumble

@theaxledentaldj Oppo Service Manual, are you kidding? They're not available.

Last edited:
Well that was helpful, but the file MAIN10X.bin on that site returned a 404 error. I tried it with standard AU firmware and with an old US version but it errors out during the installation. :-(

Logfile attached.

Attachments

• log.txt
    15.2 KB · Views: 58
Photo of my dodgy cable arrangement, just for giggles. The only plug I had that fit the onboard socket was the one attached to my hardware region mod. And since I wasn't ever going to use it internally in an Oppo again, I cut the end off and extended it with a bit of Cat6 (because I couldn't find any ribbon cable!)

Looks ugly, works fine.

Attachments

• dodgy.jpg
    dodgy.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 167
haiqu, try unpaking the bin file to get the mainxx.bin file and use a USB 2.0 low storage flash drive. Sometimes the MTkTool dont like USB 3.0 Flash drives or too large of storage flash drives.

haiqu, try unpaking the bin file to get the mainxx.bin file and use a USB 2.0 low storage flash drive. Sometimes the MTkTool dont like USB 3.0 Flash drives or too large of storage flash drives.
How? Is it a zipfile with .bin extension or something?

haiqu, you can send me the firmware and I'll try to unpack it to get its mains.bin file just like the method on Oppo-203. And if its not encrypted, I could extract the mains.bin file and look inside its contents just like on the Oppo-203. While I wait, I'll go look for the firmware you got and try myself. I like a little challenge.

Done:

unzipped: BDP10X-83AU-1226.zip
unpacked the MAIN10XAU.bin (its NOT encrypted)
have a look: 640.11 MB folder on MEGA

Last edited:
It's all good here, problem solved. :)

Attachments

• 10xRU-83-1226.jpg
    10xRU-83-1226.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 146
Rong sent me a 10xRU-83-1226 kit. What a nice guy. :)

I did download that file off Mega though, and will have a look at it later once I've had some sleep. Another all-nighter this end. sigh

I even fixed the MAC address, thanks to the NAND backup. And yet after all that I STILL can't Telnet into it. LOL

haiqu, so both Oppos are fixed?
Telnet, well, as long as an AutoScript works. What do you need Telnet for? SACD riping?

Rong gave you his Jailbroken firmware for the BDP10X freely? Nice.

You could probably unpak it and use Binwalk to unpak its mainxx.bin file as its probably no encrypted.

Are you planing of putting the Free JB firmware with the JB Overlay on the M9203?

haiqu, so both Oppos are fixed?
Telnet, well, as long as an AutoScript works. What do you need Telnet for? SACD riping?
Both? Only the 103 was broken, the 203 JB went without a hitch. Yes, I can rip with scripts but it would be nice to have better access to play about internally. I was going to sell this unit but after a few hours' listening this morning it's growing on me. Has a more forward and slightly coloured presentation than the 203 but it's acceptable, if a bit "digital hi-fi" sounding.
Rong gave you his Jailbroken firmware for the BDP10X freely? Nice.
Yes indeed, the Russian version.
You could probably unpak it and use Binwalk to unpak its mainxx.bin file as its probably no encrypted.

Are you planing of putting the Free JB firmware with the JB Overlay on the M9203?
I believe it comes with the Chinese JB software. Will confirm when it arrives, of course.

A UDP-205 came up on Gumtree for AU$3000 and I spotted it at 5:00am and immediately sent an email saying, "SOLD!" He replied at 8:30am that it had gone within 20 minutes. The ad had only been online for 15 hours at that point. :-(

I just managed to enable the Telnet function with a script on the BDP-103. I'm calling it fully cracked at this stage, anything I want to do is available. :)

haiqu, I was gonna suggest that.
I wonder if that units Linux will rip Sacds and BD discs and DVD discs. Ive tested mine via an AutoScript, and it was slow, but worked except not Sacd.

Yeah, I've ripped SACDs on it before using the sacd_extract script. I haven't tried with video yet, no idea how to do that.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom