FREE Oppo and Clones Jailbreak

sakgoz79,

Now it does seem you have not read the whole post:

Thread 'FREE Oppo and Clones Jailbreak'
FREE Oppo and Clones Jailbreak

Im sorry, to me it looks like your jumping around that post and not really reading it all or understanding only half of it.
I think you understand half of it what you mean this part "
moremodey01 says:
If you check this nand / firmware layout

You will notice that some nand partitions are not coming from the firmware but preflashed somehow (MAC, KEY and FE_xxx (fe = bluray player)).

The firmware UDP20X-45-0605 version has a different nand layout , so if you flash it with Mtktools those unique partition become random garbage and apparently prevent UHD disc reading.
You can check your MAC and im pretty sure it wont be 00:22:xxxxx but something random.
You have to downgrade to V60 (nand write blocked on v65 ) and restore those unique partition with dd from your nand backup then upgrade to v65 again and you ll be back on track.

I bought the DSD TECH USB to TTL Serial Converter CP2102 with 4 PIN Dupont Cable Compatible with Windows 7,8,10 from Amazon. It uses Silicon Labs Chipset drivers:

CP210x USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers - Silicon Labs chipset windows drivers:
CP210x USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers - Silicon Labs

________________________________________________________________________________________
New 12/12/2020

The jb_overlay V1 is an optional advanced install that offers more functionality for the Russian Jailbreak firmware.

Moremodey01 jb_overlay Version 1:
Hi i was thinking a bit how to add a few more features to the firmware and had in mind 2 main issues.

* While there is still like 80M of space in the firmware that could be used , re-flashing with Mtktool is not really friendly , especially because several Oppo 203/205 users have installed the jailbreak with the USB method from the Update firmware option in the UI menu
*Adding feature in another way should not soft brick the firmware.

Finally I came with the solution of creating a small framework that is installed as an overlay of the jailbreak firmware on the writable ubi partition.

The first version can be found here : jb_overlay

The installation is done with Autoscript :

• Remove any other autoscript on the flash drive
  • Copy the Autoscript folder
  • power off the unit
  • Plug the flash drive
* Power ON and do not touch until the Disc Open/BD-ROM Drive or a logo is displayed (or at least 2 minutes has passed :) )

Once done the overlay is installed in the folder /mnt/ubi_boot/jb_overlay and on next reboot it will take control of execution.

Configuration : there is a minimal configuration that can be done by editing the file /mnt/ubi_boot/jb_overlay/config.ini, check below:

There are also minimal logs for each boot in /tmp/jb_overlay.log

Features :

Once installed, here are the new feature for this first version :

* Antibrick : On boot the init script will wait 3 seconds to detect if the eject key has been pressed on the remote , if yes it will permanently disable the overlay. To reactivate, one need to connect through telnet with Autoscript and type this command :
touch /mnt/ubi_boot/.nobrick

* root password : it is possible to configure the root password (default : oppo) by editing the line ROOT_PWD= in the config.ini

*telnet : it is possible to launch telnet without Autoscript by having USE_TELNET=1 (default) in the config.ini

* ssh : i added a ssh and sftp server that is started automatically if the line USE_SSH=1 (default) is in the config.ini. It is then possible to connect with ssh or upload/download file with scp , filezilla ...

* os commands : when connected over ssh most os commands are being called from the overlay (busybox), so lsof , mount , df , ... works now properly for eventual scripting

* rclone : i have received pms that some people are scamming end users by selling them the firmware with rclone integrated on telegram. rclone is free and i have added it as requested. I did not compiled it myself but used the armv7 version from their website. Please note that default path is not writable for storing configuration so one should always use it with a flag like --config /mnt/usb_boot/jb_overlay/etc/rclone.config. a good start is to do
rclone --config /mnt/usb_boot/jb_overlay/etc/rclone.config config

* autostart: it is now possible to start commands without Autoscript by adding them to /mnt/ubi_boot/jb_overlay/autostart.sh. however there are 2 limitations :

• the network is apparently configured by the player app and not by the os
  • the nfs/ smb mounts will be visible in the gui only if done on a usb mounted device in /mnt/sda1 (tried loop with vfat image without success :( ), if you know how to refresh please tell me.
For those reasons there are 2 parameters AUTOSTART_WAIT_NETWORK and AUTOSTART_WAIT_USB in the config.ini that if set to 1 (default) will wait for those before launching the autostart script.

* Finally the overlay will try to boot the file /mnt/ubi_boot/jb_overlay/bdp/bdpprog if present , if not it will launch the original firmware version. Would be nice if somebody can adapt the switch RU Autoscripts and such for this."

isnt it ?

Also one link is does not work , I marked on attached photo
67676.jpg

No, we are defiantly not the same person…. 😊
:):):)Nice to see you, I've been looking for your document since yesterday "The explanation of what the AutoScript actually does with the Jailbreak during the USB update method that Thomas S discovered is documented." :):)

:):):)Nice to see you, I've been looking for your document since yesterday "The explanation of what the AutoScript actually does with the Jailbreak during the USB update method that Thomas S discovered is documented." :):)
Think this is the post you are looking for....

or this one.....

Last edited:
Does anyone use windows10's telnet account to automatically login?
telnet [-a][-e escape char][-f log file][-l user][-t term][host [port]]

Use telnet -l root 192.168.1.180 but will not login as root
I have never used it, only KiTTY/PuTTY.

Hello

Sorry I am confused. I have an oppo 205 (Bought from Europe)

Which firmware should I install via USB?

Thank you

I tried Talladega Nights UNRATED, region A bluray

Changed Disc Menu Language to English, Region A: disc plays without issues
Changed Disc Menu Language to French, Region B: disc plays without issues
Changed Disc Menu Language to Other (code 8285: Russian), Region C: disc plays without issues

It seems to me that whatever language i have on Disc Menu i can play this bluray without issues.

Before JB i had to use the remote to change region on this disc...
Thanks for testing this Oxygen! I'm surprised that BD region does not seem to need region adjustment though. Sounds strange. Are you absolutely sure that discs you tested are truly region locked to A and B? Many times back cover can have region A only logo but disc is region all or region AB. Same applies for many region B only marked titles.

Also after having HW region chip and installing jailbreak firmware, are you saying that
A. jailbreak's BD region change option does not seem to have effect how titles play
B. Only hardware region chip's change option matters or
C. You do not need to do anything anymore regarding BD region change. All regions just work automatically?

If C, I'm truly surprised.

Last edited:
That's unexpected but is good. I have a Bluray Region B from Spain. I will try today and let you know guys if the region is unlocked without changing the Menu Disc
IMG_3910.jpg

Hello, everyone!
I will share a test i did for theaxledentaldj in private message, which i think
may be more accurate. My Oppo has region mod-chip installed (internal),
UDP-203 (Sweden), and now with JB FW (russian).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tested 3 physical bluray, 2 discs Region A and 1 disc Region B and also tested AVATAR_CE_D3.iso file through network and it's Region B+C

Works: means NO region warning.
Fail: means YES region warning.

Remote/Device set to Region A:
  • English Disc Language + Disc Region A = Works
  • French Disc Language + Disc Region A = Works
  • Russian Disc Language + Disc Region A = Works
  • English Disc Language + Disc Region B = Fail
  • French Disc Language + Disc Region B = Fail
  • Russian Disc Language + Disc Region B = Fail
  • English Disc Language + ISO Region B+C = Fail
  • French Disc Language + ISO Region B+C = Fail
  • Russian Disc Language + ISO Region B+C = Fail

Remote/Device set to Region B:
  • English Disc Language + Disc Region A = Fail
  • French Disc Language + Disc Region A = Fail
  • Russian Disc Language + Disc Region A = Fail
  • English Disc Language + Disc Region B = Works
  • French Disc Language + Disc Region B = Works
  • Russian Disc Language + Disc Region B = Works
  • English Disc Language + ISO Region B+C = Works
  • French Disc Language + ISO Region B+C = Works
  • Russian Disc Language + ISO Region B+C = Works

Now this was a little bit tricky to grasp, but sometimes i had to do the region change
twice through the remote and felt a bit inconsistent.
As far i can see the JB firmware works fine but since i have a region chip installed then the
chip dominates the region setting with the remote above Disc Language method.

Titles i tested (physical bluray discs) other than ISO file:
Grabriel Iglesias - Hot and Fluffy, Region A
Superbad - UNRATED EXTENDED EDITION, Region A
Babylon A.D. - EXTENDED EDITION, Region B

Hope this helps, please return with feedback.

PS.
BTW I think when i first posted about Talladega Nights I had my remote/device set to region A,
I didn't checked it by the time, but now with this test it was more clear

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

/ O2

Hello

I try to install RU JB firmware on my oppo 203 with latest original firmware
I had try with 2 different USB stick.
The tray won't open
I y go to manual update oppo reconize original firmware

Can you help me please

run51,
First backup the NAND.

Did that work?

Some brands of USB Flash drives dont work.

Make sure the correct files are in the root of the flash drive.

Make sure spelling of Autoscript folder is correct.

Instructions:
1. Un-zip the archive package you downloaded for your region specific Oppo-203/205 unit onto a FAT32 formatted USB stick. Inside the archive should be one folder, AutoScript, and in the root of the USB stick will be two files.
Example:

AutoScript
AutoScript.TSS
p.sh
Make sure files dont have the wrong file extensions.

Try a USB 2.0 16GB or smaller, FAT32, primary partition flash drive is used.

Last edited:
Hello

I try to install RU JB firmware on my oppo 203 with latest original firmware
I had try with 2 different USB stick.
The tray won't open
I y go to manual update oppo reconize original firmware

Can you help me please
Hi,
BEFORE you update to JB FW do a NAND backup first! Read guide IMPORTANT!

Read carefully the guide:
USB Method only via firmware update within GUI of Oppo 203/205 units
in first page of this thread, I did! ;)

If your device/Oppo is EU with latest original firmware then your USB-stick must be
format as FAT32
and have these content in root (RUSSIAN JB FW):
1621277113065.png

and AutoScript folder should have these files inside:
1621277141029.png

If Windows won't let you format your USB-stick to FAT32 then use Rufus with these settings:

1621277619086.png

(Hence some default values conform to the size of USB, you may have other defaults)

When the format is done copy the required files to USB and try again.

/ O2

ahh!
theaxledentaldj beat me to it! ;)

Hi,
BEFORE you update to JB FW do a NAND backup first! Read guide IMPORTANT!

Read carefully the guide:
USB Method only via firmware update within GUI of Oppo 203/205 units
in first page of this thread, I did! ;)

If your device/Oppo is EU with latest original firmware then your USB-stick must be
format as FAT32
and have these content in root (RUSSIAN JB FW):
View attachment 1513612
and AutoScript folder should have these files inside:
View attachment 1513613

If Windows won't let you format your USB-stick to FAT32 then use Rufus with these settings:

View attachment 1513617
(Hence some default values conform to the size of USB, you may have other defaults)

When the format is done copy the required files to USB and try again.

/ O2

ahh!
theaxledentaldj beat me to it! ;)
Thank you it works!
USB stick re formated with Rufus

New problem with orignal firmware a have dolby vision et hdr.

With the same settings on ru firmware nothing!

Anynone have same problem?

Thanks

Thank you it works!
USB stick re formated with Rufus

New problem with orignal firmware a have dolby vision et hdr.

With the same settings on ru firmware nothing!

Anynone have same problem?

Thanks
Glad to help! :)

What do you mean? Do you have issues with Dolby Vision?

Have you done "full reset" after JB FW update?

My update works without issues.

image_mediacenter_376 cannot be rectangular, it will have problems when adding favorites to BDMV or music square covers

Thanks liwil, I'll look at that and see how I can fix it.
I checked, I didnt alter file 376.

Hows your theme coming along?

Last edited:
In the favorite item, I can see that you changed image_mediacenter_376.png

im_376.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom