FREE Oppo and Clones Jailbreak

Thomas S can describe the process of putting back the Original firmware on his Oppo-205.

Im pretty sure it requires using the TTL-USB Uart device with the MTKtool.

Why I dont go into details or instructions is that I dont want to offer support for it and I myself have not had to do it.

Later, I'll update my page 1 post 1 with my Dark Theme Beta2 skin.

Its posted.
If anyone has the Original USA Stock 65-0131 bdpprog file, and can share it, Id greatly apreaciate it. I couldnt get it from my second Oppo-203. Then I can add that file to page 1 post 1.

Last edited:
SceneMissing;

If you backup any of your Blu-rays to ISOs using AnyDVDHD, you can remove the region coding.

If you miss some, and still have Region coding, then using the JB Region switching feature you can easily switch it and depending on the Region youve selected, the BD menue will be in that language. Removing the Region Coding from the beginning fixes any language issues you have.

I havent tested that far in how many languages you can choose from when you do the JB region switch.

I can not answer your question about you Oppo-203 with that multi-region mod chip.

Another user here ask that sane question and I dont recall if they ever JB his unit?

Its probably possible to automate some kind of region switch via AutoScript?

Still, the best method is to remove the region coding. Id use AnyDVDHD to fo All your backing up and remove any region coding and save as ISO.
I asked about the fitted mod and JB. At this point I have not been brave enough to try it. It would be nice if the JB and mod worked together so that the region changing functionality can be done with the mod and the JB solely for ISO playback etc thus avoiding the need for foreign menus etc.

Perhaps someone has tried this and has some information if the two play nice. Stock Oppo firmware works with the mod so i would hope the JB would too.

leev, how easy or hard is it to remove that region mod hardware? Can you share on how its ibstalked and what it looks like?

It would be nice if someone can post (Page one) STEP BY STEP how to reverse firmware from JB to "original" one using TTL-USB Uart device , MTKtool or USB.
And when i say STEP BY STEP i mean inlude picture or videos.
After that nobody will have the reason to hesitate installing JB because you know you can reverse the process.
Im 100% sure i will leave JB in my OPPO and never go back to original firmware but just in case.... Because my OPPO cost me a lot of money.
Kudos to people who are making this JB, we have to say that, playing ISO is something i always wanted to do with this machine. And dont forget, this JB is FREE !!!!
So, please someone post how to revert to previous firmware and please EXPLAIN wha do we do with NAND anyway, we all are reading we have to "preserve it" in just case, but nobody is explaining how to " put it back) into our OPPO machine!

And one more thing , i was reading first 12 pages and TACO`s problems with his OPPO where he mentioned problems with HDR, colors and Atmos. Are those issues fixed?

And one more thing , i was reading first 12 pages and TACO`s problems with his OPPO where he mentioned problems with HDR, colors and Atmos. Are those issues fixed?
atmos yes , cionfigure hdmi out on bitstream and not lpcm,
hdr , no if there is any issue , his claims where dubious up to now

It would be nice if someone can post (Page one) STEP BY STEP how to reverse firmware from JB to "original" one using TTL-USB Uart device , MTKtool or USB.
And when i say STEP BY STEP i mean inlude picture or videos.
After that nobody will have the reason to hesitate installing JB because you know you can reverse the process.
Im 100% sure i will leave JB in my OPPO and never go back to original firmware but just in case.... Because my OPPO cost me a lot of money.
Kudos to people who are making this JB, we have to say that, playing ISO is something i always wanted to do with this machine. And dont forget, this JB is FREE !!!!
So, please someone post how to revert to previous firmware and please EXPLAIN wha do we do with NAND anyway, we all are reading we have to "preserve it" in just case, but nobody is explaining how to " put it back) into our OPPO machine!
method 1
make 2 nand backup, anmd store them forever in a safe place
install jb_overlay
copy original bdpprog (eu) from post 2 into /mnt/ubi_boot/jb_overlay/bdpprog over ssh
chmod +x ...

you got back EU original firmnware

method 2
use mtktool , with possible nand corruptiom risk

method 1
make 2 nand backup, anmd store them forever in a safe place
install jb_overlay
copy original bdpprog (eu) from post 2 into /mnt/ubi_boot/jb_overlay/bdpprog over ssh
chmod +x ...

you got back EU original firmnware

method 2
use mtktool , with possible nand corruptiom risk.

First, i have US version OPPO.
As i can see everything here mention EU v.
Where is original bdpprog US ? I dont see it.

And "copy over ssh chmod +x" is where the fun begins..
We need better explanation how to do it (not just me, other people too!)

Thanx for your hard work

Ill let liwil and or Thomas S describe how its done.

No one HAS the USA bdpprog. Ive asked for it.

The original NAND re-install is an AutoScript.
Tacos never came back on his results if he tried what we suggested.

I will not do this documentation on my own Oppos. 1 soft brick was enough.

If you want to be the first to obtain your own Oppo-205 USA bdpprob, please try to get it. I tried on my 2nd Oppo-203 and I could not.

If you get it, Ill explain more on whats involved.

I would NOT do anything until you buy a TTL-USB Uart device. That still requires you to open your Oppo-205 to use that device. So, what do you think about that now?

Last edited:
Ill let liwil and or Thomas S describe how its done.

No one HAS the USA bdpprog. Ive asked for it.

The original NAND re-install is an AutoScript.
Tacos never came back on his results if he tried what we suggested.

I will not do this documentation on my own Oppos. 1 soft brick was enough.

If you want to be the first to obtain your own Oppo-205 USA bdpprob, please try to get it. I tried on my 2nd Oppo-203 and I could not.

If you get it, Ill explain more on whats involved.

I would NOT do anything until you buy a TRL-USB Uart device. That still requires you to open your Oppo-205 to use that device. So, what do you think about that now?
Do you have JB installed on your player?
If yes, any issues ?
Im not going to reverse my firmware once JB installed, but need some info about any problems happening after installation

Ofcoarse I have the RU JB on both my USA Oppo-203 units. I use one of them on my Sony Bravia A8 4K UHDTV which has HDR10/+ and Dolby Vision.
Im using jb_overlay v2 beta with my Dark Theme beta2.

No issues for me on mysetup. Your mileage may varry on your 4K UHDtv?

Last edited:
Ofcoarse I have the RU JB on both my USA Oppo-203 units. I use one of them on my Sony Bravia A8 4K UHDTV which has HDR10/+ and Dolby Vision.
Im using jb_overlay v2 beta with my Dark Theme beta2.

No issues for me on mysetup. Your mileage may varry on your 4K UHDtv?
I have 4K UHD tv too.
Are you saying this mod/firmware can also depend on your set up (Tv) ?
If yes then that`s no good, i have other 2 TVs in my home and want to use my OPPO with all of them

SeeMoreDigital, in order to do what you've mentioned the Blu-ray's BDMV folder must be "Blessed" with a 3rd party software, which does something that makes it into AVCHD folder.
Just-so-people know....

You only need to use 'BDMV Modifier (v2.0)' if you are making 'full disc' back-ups of 2K (not 4K UHD) Blu-ray discs!

And, if you're like me and decide to create 'movie only' back-ups using the newer 'open source' builds of TSmuxerGUI then you don't have to use 'BDMV Modifier (v2.0)' at all ;)

marioni888:
You read Tucos issues.

Have you read the possible Dolby Vision switch to HDR10 bug?

Have you read the possible Edid bug?

Some of these are subjective.

I'll let others chime in on this and your concerns.

Im not goingb to convince you what you should do with your Oppo-205 and with the TVs you have in your home.

Just-so-people know....

You only need to use 'BDMV Modifier (v2.0)' if you are making 'full disc' back-ups of 2K (not 4K UHD) Blu-ray discs!

And, if you're like me and decide to create 'movie only' back-ups using the newer 'open source' builds of TSmuxerGUI then you don't have to use 'BDMV Modifier (v2.0)' at all ;)
can you play regular blu ray folder (not 4k) with Oppo 203 using that apps?

marioni888:
Yes based off from the FAQ, but...

Its another step. I prefer just putting all my BDMVs at first copied and saved directly into an ISO and Im done.

Besides, give it a try, and you'll see what it looks like and there still wont be any BDMV over any network share. Its only local from a USB HDD.
or did I forget..? Maybe you can?

one thing im trying to understand is how to do ISO to BDMV ??

All i find online is opposite - BDMV to ISO (using imgburn)

edit it was dumb question - winrar

Last edited:
marioni888;
I forgot to mention about tsmuxer open source, its beta and buggy and doesnt always work for the Oppo-203/205.

DVDFab and CloneBD can take any BDMV copy and save it as an ISO. Or it can take any ISO and copy and save it as BDMV.

marioni888;
I forgot to mention about tsmuxer open source, its beta and buggy and doesnt always work for the Oppo-203/205.
What!!!!!

I have a 100% record creating muxes with the newer 'open source' builds of TSmuxerGUI...

SeeMoreDigital, yes, Im on an older MacOS build and I still cant trust it. It keeps making ISOs of 1080p BDs making the Oppo-203 say the disc is dirty error. But remuxing in DVDFab 11.x, works just fine. BTW, DVDFab 11.x still hasnt fixed the Dolby Vision bug where if you remux any movie with Dolby Vision in it, then the chapters fastforwarding doesnt work.

What build and OS does your Tsmuxer work great with?

My main problem is that i have a lot of DVD ISO`s (mostly music videos) and BDMV Modifier (v2.0) works only with Blu Ray.

If someone knows how to get my DVD folders to play in OPPO it would resolve 99% of my issues.

Unfortunately i dont think DVDMV Modifier exists lol but if anyone have an idea how to play it in OPPO please let me know.

Thats actually only reason why i want to mod my OPPO 203. I have two OPPO 93 with old ISO firmware and they are playing all kind of folders and isos without any modification

Or even better, does anyone know how to convert DVD ISO`s into BLU RAY ISO`s (with no loss in quality ) ?

I hate Mkvs....

How are you to making those Music Video DVDs into Mkvs?

Tsmuxer (MacOS Build 2021-01-24-02-52-22):
Doesn't accept Video_TS folders.
A xxx.vob does play. But, remux that xxx.vob in the above s/w, into an BDMV, the Oppo-203 gives me the dirty disc error when I try to play it. Now, then if I take that non working dirty disc error BDMV and remux it with DVDFab11.x into another BDMV folder, the Oppo-203 does play it!

I hate Mkvs....

How are you to making those Music Video DVDs into Mkvs?

Tsmuxer (MacOS Build 2021-01-24-02-52-22):
Doesn't accept Video_TS folders.
A xxx.vob does play. But, remux that xxx.vob in the above s/w, into an BDMV, the Oppo-203 gives me the dirty disc error when I try to play it. Now, then if I take that non working dirty disc error BDMV and remux it with DVDFab11.x into another BDMV folder, the Oppo-203 does play it!
wow seems complicated.

I know DVDFab can do it but i dont have that program.
Is there any loss in audio/video quality after doing that?

my music files are ISO files not MKV.

They are copies of my original discs

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom