FREE Oppo and Clones Jailbreak

Marioni888..
how many times.. myself and moremodey01 said First do a NAND dump/backup.

"Upon recent descoveries, moremode01, highly recommends doing the NAND backup. He states the reason why. Downgrading or going back to an Original stock firmware on an Oppo-203/205, can be difficult and cause issues. The Blu-ray/UHD Blu-ray keys to playback physical retail discs can be lost. Seems these keys are installed into the NAND partition that some firmwares dont have included with them.

moremodey01 says:
If you check this nand / firmware layout

You will notice that some nand partitions are not coming from the firmware but preflashed somehow (MAC, KEY and FE_xxx (fe = bluray player)).

The firmware UDP20X-45-0605 version has a different nand layout , so if you flash it with Mtktools those unique partition become random garbage and apparently prevent UHD disc reading.
You can check your MAC and im pretty sure it wont be 00:22:xxxxx but something random.
You have to downgrade to V60 (nand write blocked on v65 ) and restore those unique partition with dd from your nand backup then upgrade to v65 again and you ll be back on track."
With that said, there are some other recently discovered bugs. Possible EDID issue, and a Dolby Vision to HDR10 switching issue. Some of this has been posted here on the forum and still on going in research. I can't comment anymore about the EDID.

There are many happy USA Oppo-203 users here who have used my page 1 post 1 instructions with sucsess.

Hi guys, I see that there is an update in the file: USA_with_Russian_JB.zip (April 14th), do you improve or change something?

here are 2 scripts to reboot and shutdown the oppo , they will be integrated in the next jb overlay at some point when we have time for this again, feel free to improve :) :

cat oppo_reboot
#!/bin/bash

#kill -9 $(ps -ef | grep dpprog | grep -E -v '(/bin/bash)|(/bin/sh)' | awk '{print $1}')
#/etc/init.d/rc.reboot >/dev/null 2>&1
reboot -f
echo "rebooting...

cat /mnt/ubi_boot/jb_overlay/bin/oppo_poweroff
#!/bin/bash

kill -15 $(ps -ef | grep dpprog | grep -E -v '(/bin/bash)|(/bin/sh)' | awk '{print $1}')

echo "power off..."

Last edited:
I used it, but it didn't work
er.gif

There is already reboot inside
-sh-3.2# reboot -f

Use the remote control function poweroff
-sh-3.2#echo -e "drv.ir.rx.sq 0x8f000\nquit" | cliprog

Last edited:
Cool, liwil ... those ssh commands work. Still wish there was a command to tell the Oppo's GUI to refresh itself to look for NFS shares manually with a button. Hmmm, Maybe script one that looks for a remote code combination to run the script to re-fresh?

So guys... excuse my ignorance... but what are the improvements to using this Jailbreak software and are there any downsides? Thank you!

Thanks Thomas S. That picture is from the paid website for the Jailbreak. I dont want to use it.

I feel my initial First post on page 1 explains it all.

Oppo Digital USA may offer support for an Oppo-204/205 at a cost. I dont know if they care if its Jailbroken.

Some small downsides would be:

Difficulty going back to the original firmware. But, as long as you do a Nand backup from your original firmware, you should be ok.

One user here didnt like the Russian JB firmware. It was possibly because of the Edid bug?

I really cant think of any real deal breaker downsides.

I cant comment on the future of the current JB.
I look forward to it🙄😁

I used it, but it didn't work
View attachment 1496826

There is already reboot inside
-sh-3.2# reboot -f

Use the remote control function poweroff
-sh-3.2#echo -e "drv.ir.rx.sq 0x8f000\nquit" | cliprog
weird it is the opposite for me on the clone , the reboot -f is stuck and doesnt rebooot esepcially when ssh server is up. also based on your output you copy pasted the code but the quotes are not correct , this is classic when copy/paste from forums.
The board needs to unload some drivers and kill prog and the reboot script is kinda forcing it.

Edit : reboot -f seems indeed to work

for the shutdown , the power off from remote is a fake power off that simply kill all the threads and keep a single one to wake up bdpprog, you can still ssh for instance, the script really power off the board.
I would have to double check as those where some testing from around december but pretty sure im right.

Last edited:
Hi All,
I'm new to this forum. I just want to thank you all and especially theaxledentaldj for the detailed instruction on "USB Method only via firmware update within GUI of Oppo 203/205 units". I just took the leap of faith and updated my Oppo 205. I followed the directions step by step and within about an hour, I was done. After completing the final adjustments, my 205 is working just as it did before the upgrade and of course it now includes the added functionality that the RU firmware brings.
There's one thing I would just like to verify though, that is when using SACD 5.1 iso files via the network, I need to browse to them through Network/Video within the players interface, as opposed to Network/Music. Is this normal? Are others seeing this as well?
Anyway, once browsing this way, they do however play as expected and the great thing is I'm now able to finally listen to 5.1 in Gapless format...Sweeet...Thanks again

Last edited:
weird it is the opposite for me on the clone , the reboot -f is stuck and doesnt rebooot esepcially when ssh server is up. also based on your output you copy pasted the code but the quotes are not correct , this is classic when copy/paste from forums.
The board needs to unload some drivers and kill prog and the reboot script is kinda forcing it.

Edit : reboot -f seems indeed to work

for the shutdown , the power off from remote is a fake power off that simply kill all the threads and keep a single one to wake up bdpprog, you can still ssh for instance, the script really power off the board.
I would have to double check as those where some testing from around december but pretty sure im right.
There are two files for reboot and poweroff, oppo system and busybox, telnet and ssh are different path settings, so the command work has different results

/sbin/reboot
/sbin/poweroff
/mnt/ubi_boot/jb_overlay/bin/reboot
/mnt/ubi_boot/jb_overlay/bin/poweroff

path.gif

Last edited:
There are two files for reboot and poweroff, oppo system and busybox, telnet and ssh are different path settings, so the command work has different results

/sbin/reboot
/sbin/poweroff
/mnt/ubi_boot/jb_overlay/bin/reboot
/mnt/ubi_boot/jb_overlay/bin/poweroff

View attachment 1497343
ha thats the trick :) im stupid , went the complicated road :)

Hi All,
There's one thing I would just like to verify though, that is when using SACD 5.1 iso files via the network, I need to browse to them through Network/Video within the players interface, as opposed to Network/Music. Is this normal? Are others seeing this as well?
I would say that you are right about that.
I would not expect the Oppo to know if an .iso is an Audio disc or a Video disc before it starts playing it.

Thanks Thomas S. That picture is from the paid website for the Jailbreak. I dont want to use it.

What about a table like this. I give it to you for free.... :D

Orginal firmwareJailbreak firmware
Original firmware functionsOKOK
BDMV (2D & 3D)-OK
AVCHD Network play-OK
BD-ISO-OK
DVD ISO-OK
DVD-Audio ISO-OK
SACD-R-OK
Region free playback BD & DVD-OK
Cinavia removed-OK
SACD ISO-OK

ISO must be selected for video, but for BDMV, you can enter and play from any of the three options: music, photo, and video.

Maybe most people don't understand, you can try

What about a table like this. I give it to you for free.... :D

Orginal firmwareJailbreak firmware
Original firmware functionsOKOK
BDMV (2D & 3D)-OK
AVCHD Network play-OK
BD-ISO-OK
DVD ISO-OK
DVD-Audio ISO-OK
SACD-R-OK
Region free playback BD & DVD-OK
Cinavia removed-OK
SACD ISO-OK
Just-so-people know...

With the original firmware, it's possible to access and play content stored within BDMV and AVCHD folders via USB connected HDD's and via SMB network shares.

SeeMoreDigital, in order to do what you've mentioned the Blu-ray's BDMV folder must be "Blessed" with a 3rd party software, which does something that makes it into AVCHD folder.

Thomas S, thanks for the chart. Ive added it.

Congrats DivBy0. What region Oppo-205 do you have?

Also, HUGE THANKS to moremodey01 for such an awesome firmware!

it would be interesting to know how many people did download that MEGA file and how many people actually installed this firmware. I dont see why OPPO wouldnt fix their player if you need repair, paying them for repair of course. I got here because someone from other forum suggested this post and im sure many OPPO owners are interested in this.
Im still waiting for my USB 2.0 to come and then going to do it.
Hope everything goes well.
One suggestion i would say is to make easy to understand process of reverting to original firmware if needed for noobies like me.
I am not talking about getting NAND from player using USB, im talking about actual process flashing OPPO with original firmware.

it would be interesting to know how many people did download that MEGA file and how many people actually installed this firmware. I dont see why OPPO wouldnt fix their player if you need repair, paying them for repair of course. I got here because someone from other forum suggested this post and im sure many OPPO owners are interested in this.
One suggestion i would say is to make easy to understand process of reverting to original firmware if needed for noobies like me.
I am not talking about getting NAND from player using USB, im talking about actual process flashing OPPO with original firmware.
I’m no expert on this, and have had no reason to revert, but from reading the posts on the subject it’s impossible to directly flash a JB Oppo with the original ’65 firmware.

The process seems to be to JB the Oppo
1. Backup nand before JB
2. JB the Oppo

It’s not clear whether a nand backup of a JB Oppo is OK, if it wasn’t done prior to JB. It would make sense that this is OK, since the Jailbroken Oppo plays commercial blu-ray media OK.

Then to go back to original firmware..
1. Revert to stock firmware v60, because writing to nand is disabled in ‘65 (it’s not clear whether this step has to be done using cable method or can be done from USB)
2. Restore nand
3. Install stock ‘65 firmware (it’s not clear whether this step has to be done using cable method or can be done from USB)

Last edited:
Reverting to original firmware fully can be dangerous and can lead to nand corruption that will prevent you from having some functions like reading bluray, check the post before to understand ...

Best in that case is to use the overlay and copy the original EU/US ... player binary file (bdpprog) in the folder /mnt/ubi_boot/jb_overlay/bdp, in that scenario, you will have the jailbreak launching the original binary and it will be 100% equal in term of functionality.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom