FREE Oppo and Clones Jailbreak

Perhaps a silly question - is it possible to retrofit some Oppo 103D apps like Tidal or Netflix into 203 device?Or these chips are not compatible or security mechanisms prevent it?Anyone tried?

Poison, the Oppo Digital abandoned from including Netflix, Vudu and others in the Oppo-203/205 firmware. Im not sure why besides the rumors that Netflix said no and or Blu-ray Disc Assoc had an issue. I think, in todays UHDTVs have the current popular streaming Apps and this wouldnt be needed to be added back into the Oppo-203/205 firmware. Maybe moremodey01 can comment on whats left in the firmware relating to Netflix and any others.

netflix app is there yeah , but even if it starts it will be outdated i guess so no real use. Does it still works on 103 ?

netflix app is there yeah , but even if it starts it will be outdated i guess so no real use. Does it still works on 103 ?
Really, in our firmware? How can you launch it?
I didn't know that there were apps on it.

Really, in our firmware? How can you launch it?
I didn't know that there were apps on it.
dunno never checked actually

maybe try over ssh , it is in /usr/local/bin/netflix_qt
binary is netflix and there is a wrapper script called netflix_qt.sh

but i guess that it was somehow mapped to the Netflix button and then bdpprog was closing all is thread but the main one like it does in soft power off mode to free the display device and all and then start it,

again this is pure guess i never checked :)

Funny, I just have my Russian friend asking me what will happen if he will install RU-US JB into OPPO 203 bought in Russia. Will it work for him?

I Will change the main board of Oppo 203 by myself ...
Any advice for this ?

I am in Brazil and the customs are very complicate to send to US for repair ...

Then after diagnosis at distance of the gentil Oppo staff I buy the main board.

I take my chances because they cannot afirm that's the problem ...

Reading the last posts I think If I don't need to make the same back up ...
I don't now how because the Oppo is only with the áudio HDMI working ...
The main HDMI is dead, only flash the symbol Oppo and the TV lost signal.

Thanks
Just do give feedback ...
The motherboard arrived I switched by myself and the Oppo return to operate normaly ...
It was not without fright but I'm happy ...

Attachments

• IMG_20210302_183252_503.jpg
    IMG_20210302_183252_503.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Hi everybody!

Thanks for work @theaxledentaldj

One question:

Would it be feasible / possible, to add the necessary support to play the "new DOVI-compatible mkv"?

That would be great, wouldn't it?

@pkasting @moremodey01

any information new?

thanks

Last edited:
I removed it because there are difficulties with an Oppo-203 EU going back to original firmware from a Russian JB.
Not that I currently have any reason to revert back to the vanilla EU firmware, but has any progress been made on a reliable method for reverting back from the Russian JB firmware ?

whirlpool, I would say, no, not really.

No confirmed safe method or methods. The MTKTool is probably the only way to do it and its still a great idea to first have your original firmwares NAND backed up.

I'll leave it to moremodey01 to chime in if he wants to or if liwil wants to add any insight.

whirlpool, I would say, no, not really.

No confirmed safe method or methods. The MTKTool is probably the only way to do it and its still a great idea to first have your original firmwares NAND backed up.

I'll leave it to moremodey01 to chime in if he wants to or if liwil wants to add any insight.
OK, will keep monitoring the thread, so far I’ve found no reason to revert, just useful to know, should the need arise.

Would it be feasible / possible, to add the necessary support to play the "new DOVI-compatible mkv"?
99% that it will never happen.
There's an Ugoos AM6 plus chinese player that has dual decoder in the SoC, so that's the closest for now, but whether it's bug free or not...

Chros, and others.. are we discussing Dolby Vision for mkv container? If so, moremodey01 might have already commented on this. As of now, its a no. If you want Dolby Vision so bad, why not just use 4K UHD BD ISO. Hard drive space, I think, is pretty cheap now-days. I can't comment on anything else behind the scene.

Chros, and others.. are we discussing Dolby Vision for mkv container? If so, moremodey01 might have already commented on this. As of now, its a no. If you want Dolby Vision so bad, why not just use 4K UHD BD ISO. Hard drive space, I think, is pretty cheap now-days. I can't comment on anything else behind the scene.
Hello,

Yes indeed we are referring to that.
"Dolby Vision for mkv containe".

And as you say, in principle by putting the FULL in an ISO, there is no problem.
But it is also true that the MKV is very comfortable....
And we don't know if in the future they can change something in the folder structure of the fullBlueray, and that chinoppo will stop reading them?
We would lose Dovi, and we would still not be able to play the new compatible mkv

I hope it won't come to this...
But from the lack of knowledge... if it wouldn't be too complicated to implement it, even in the future, it would be good.

Is it expected that future releases might iron out some of the bugs left in Oppo's firmware?
Maybe if more reverse and testers gather together, but it looks unlikely, the only skilled one where selling here a pirated version of the Russian and Chinese firmware and disappeared once we release the free jailbreak.
The issue to fix the various bugs and add feature like MKV Dovi.. is that it requires a lot of time and testing, but technically it can be done, some work as been done already to port the jailbreak to the EU firmare, create a toolchain to inject fixed code and fix some edid parsing bug.

Initially we put a donation link to gather some funds to at least buy an oppo and giec and fix the oppo bugs and port the firmware to the cheapest Giec as we found an interesting exploit that could be used to access that board (maybe) and dump all needed keys.
This could have motivated enough to keep the things going on

However the admin of this forum notified us that any kind of money income, even thru a donation link is not allowed and edited our post first, then contacted us....

Regarding how second hand oppo have increased in price on ebay and having some people even advertising it for 1700 Euro with "RARE, Jailbreak included" and such, i have decided for the moment to keep everything internal and only share with @theaxledentaldj

Also personally i just use it now as an external player for Kodi to play full bluray dumps only, so im not interested at all in MKV part, just fixed the edid parsing bug i needed for my setup.

this kodi integration will be released on github once i find the motivation to write some explanations in a readme and push it.

Also on final note, this board on the actual prices is too expensive and far too buggy, even for the latest clones, if anything else is released that can play DOVI and bluray menu , it will loose almost all value immediately, personal opinion ....

If anybody however is interested to help, he/she can pm @theaxledentaldj or me to see what can be done.

Maybe if more reverse and testers gather together, but it looks unlikely, the only skilled one where selling here a pirated version of the Russian and Chinese firmware and disappeared once we release the free jailbreak.
The issue to fix the various bugs and add feature like MKV Dovi.. is that it requires a lot of time and testing, but technically it can be done, some work as been done already to port the jailbreak to the EU firmare, create a toolchain to inject fixed code and fix some edid parsing bug.

Initially we put a donation link to gather some funds to at least buy an oppo and giec and fix the oppo bugs and port the firmware to the cheapest Giec as we found an interesting exploit that could be used to access that board (maybe) and dump all needed keys.
This could have motivated enough to keep the things going on

However the admin of this forum notified us that any kind of money income, even thru a donation link is not allowed and edited our post first, then contacted us....

Regarding how second hand oppo have increased in price on ebay and having some people even advertising it for 1700 Euro with "RARE, Jailbreak included" and such, i have decided for the moment to keep everything internal and only share with @theaxledentaldj

Also personally i just use it now as an external player for Kodi to play full bluray dumps only, so im not interested at all in MKV part, just fixed the edid parsing bug i needed for my setup.

this kodi integration will be released on github once i find the motivation to write some explanations in a readme and push it.

Also on final note, this board on the actual prices is too expensive and far too buggy, even for the latest clones, if anything else is released that can play DOVI and bluray menu , it will loose almost all value immediately, personal opinion ....

If anybody however is interested to help, he/she can pm @theaxledentaldj or me to see what can be done.
Thanks for all the effort porting the jailbreak to the EU firmware, no issues on my Oppo 203, I play DVD, HD Blu-Ray and UHD Blu-Ray from folders, but, out of interest what exactly was the EDID parsing bug ?

I assume the EDID issue was to do with using the Oppo as an input and making use of the HDR>SDR conversion, but the input wasn’t triggering HDR on the Oppo ?

Last edited:
Ive been trying to get a second Oppo-203 from ebay. I missed my two chances for a broken one for $600, and another that wasnt for $800. Every other ones go for $1000-$1200 USD.

I havent seen any new media set-top/streamer do Dolby Vision dual layer, profile 7.
Well.. not official licensed by the BDA.

so I just installed the RU firmware using the USB method and it worked well. I'm looking at the JB Overlay, and I'm a little confused as to what benefit it provides?

My favorite feature is the ability to ftp into my Oppo-203 if Im beta testing things. Not much else I do with it besides having a custom Dark theme.

It can make it easier to install and test a custom theme but theres a risk of softbricking.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom