FREE Oppo and Clones Jailbreak

Boy27, not have a Nand backup before the Jailbreak isnt soo bad. Thats what I have.

Telnet is tricky sometimes.

Your setup info might be helpfull to trouble
shoot why you cant Telnet.

Whats connected to the Oppo-203?
What computer OS are you running?
Are you using the same USB flash drive that you used to do the Nand backup?

tanks so much my friend to replay me
1. the oppo connect to tv via lan
2. my pc computer is on win10
3. i did not do the nand backup - and the flash usb is new

Bo27;
1. Please do a Nand backup asap.
2. whats the router setup like?
3. what s/w did you use to Telnet?
4. What do you plan to do with Telnet?
5. What does your AutoScript for Telnet look like?

hi ,
1. can i do nand backup also if i have the ru firmware on the oppo ?
2. i just want the add movies from nas the favorits

Boy27;
1. Yes. Thats what I did.
2. You will need to code an AutoScript with all your NAS paths and correct IP address. First thing is that the Oppo must find that and be working in Network on home screen.

tanks again for the replay
1. i will do the nand backup
2.plase you have any advice how can i pass the talent problom that cant let me go to the oppo

Last edited:
this is the autoscritp file from page 1
Telnet_and_nfs_smb
  • Main script that most people use
  • Enable Telnet and mount nfs/smb partitions on boot

inside the file this is :

#MTKAT 0.xx script

CLI(CLI_exec echo root::0:0:root,,,:/root:/bin/sh >/etc/passwd)
CLI(CLI_exec /usr/sbin/inetd &)
SLEEPMS(1000)
CLI(CLI_exec /usr/sbin/telnetd &)
SLEEPMS(1000)
#adapt this for smb
#CLI (CLI_exec mount.cifs //IP_ADDRESS/XXXXX /mnt/sda1/XXXXX -o user=,password=,ro)
#adapt this for nfs
#CLI (CLI_exec mount -t nfs -o nolock,proto=tcp IP_ADDRESS:/XXXXXXXXX /mnt/sda1/XXXXXXXX/)
#CLI (CLI_exec mount -t nfs -o nolock,proto=udp IP_ADDRESS:/XXXXXXXXX /mnt/sda1/XXXXXXXX/)

CLI(CLI_exec sync)

what do i need to change ?

Boy27;
If you read carefully page 1 post one, most of what you need is there and examples of script code for NFS or SMB shares. I spent some of my free time making this documentation.

Telnet will be very helpfull to have working to test the mounts.

First thing first. Backup your current Nand.

ok , i did the backup nand
but what now my friend - how can i do the connection in telnet between the pc and oppo ?
( my movies is on nas )?
i put the flash drive :
autoscript.jpg

an inside is this

autoscript1.jpg

and this is inside the file

autoscript2.jpg

what do you think my friend ?

Boy27;
without actually having your AutoScript in hand for my eyes to look at, I can only see from
the forum here that, the paths have spaces between them. SMBv1, I cant assist further there. My page 1 post 1 has an NFS example. Did you go over all that documentation?

Hi,

Does the jailbreak firmware allow for the playing of 4k blu ray ISOs?

Thanks

Hi all, I got a brand new UDP 203 manufactered in and with a firmware from 2018. It does not matter which USB stick I try and in which power state I plug it in, the AutoScript NAND backup won't do anything. It does detect the USB sticks according to the display, but after 30 minutes it was always completely untouched. I used FAT32 with MBR, I thought I wouldn't be wrong with that as no special requirement is mentioned in your guide.

Can I maybe back up the NAND via serial or is it safe to update to a newer official firmware of my region the official way and if so, which one?

Opponaut, What region Oppo-203 do you have?

What firmware is it currently on?

You can try another USB flash drive with light on it? (MBR,Fat32,Basic,Primary, no partitions)

Make sure no other USB devices are plugged into the Oppo and Ethernet connector is not connected. Your not the only one who has had trouble getting the AutoScript to start.

You can, but not recommended, Telnet into your Oppo, and run the command line to do the NAND backup.

Opponaut, What region Oppo-203 do you have?

What firmware is it currently on?

You can try another USB flash drive with light on it? (MBR,Fat32,Basic,Primary, no partitions)

Make sure no other USB devices are plugged into the Oppo and Ethernet connector is not connected. Your not the only one who has had trouble getting the AutoScript to start.

You can, but not recommended, Telnet into your Oppo, and run the command line to do the NAND backup.
It is on 20XEU-54-1127 which matches the production date of 2018, it is EU region and totally untouched, it did not even see a single Blu-ray, no network was ever connected to it and nothing else was read except for an Audio CD.

I tried multipe USB sticks this way, one has an LED, it showed some activity after plugging in and was constantly blinking even after half an hour but nothing was written, so that did not help. I tried 4 USB sticks in total, no change. I checked the line break encoding and tried various combinations, tried inserting it before booting, in standby or turned on but nothing did anything.

I am absolutely willing to do the backup over telnet or even open it up and dump it via serial as long as I have it on hand after the horrible experience one user made here.

It is on 20XEU-54-1127 which matches the production date of 2018, it is EU region and totally untouched, it did not even see a single Blu-ray, no network was ever connected to it and nothing else was read except for an Audio CD.

I tried multipe USB sticks this way, one has an LED, it showed some activity after plugging in and was constantly blinking even after half an hour but nothing was written, so that did not help. I tried 4 USB sticks in total, no change. I checked the line break encoding and tried various combinations, tried inserting it before booting, in standby or turned on but nothing did anything.

I am absolutely willing to do the backup over telnet or even open it up and dump it via serial as long as I have it on hand after the horrible experience one user made here.
Wow! How dud you get such a mint condition Oppo-203? Anyhoo.

I can only suggest that you update it with the official stock firmware 20XEU-65-0131.
Test it with retail Bluray and 4K UHD blu-ray discs first. I'm not even going to go further. Even the Russian JB requires an Oppo-203 to be on the latest official firmware.

I wonder.. if moremodey01 would be interested in that stock firmwares NAND dump? I'll ask him now.

Dont´t "play" with Telnet unless you are absolutely sure what you are doing. You can brick your device with the wrong commands.
Also for Telnet AutoScript must be working before, because the Telnet access is started by AutoScript.

In your case I would update the firmware to the latest official version. This is absolutely necessary. Then make a NAND backup before thinking about any modifikation on the player. If you are familiar with the process of AutoScript NAND backup then you are prepared for all further steps :)

I found posts of working AutoScript from back then, it may need modifications but I don't see why it should not work at all.

I will go to the latest offical version, but a NAND dump on hand of the old version would make it possible to go from any versions between it and the newest without any worries.

My reasoning for not yet inserting a Blu-ray is revocation, I am not sure if it only applies to PC drives or not and if so if the relevant parts are included in the NAND backup, but if I do a backup I still would like to do it before inserting the first Blu-ray.

I think the 2nd hand prices are utterly ludicrous and the fact that a disc player has an expensive clone without a drive even more so. I called many authorised resellers and found one who sold me an UDP-203 new in box at the end of last year for almost the old price, quite a bit less then most 2nd hand offers. Thus, I even should be eligible for the 2-year warrenty.

Opponaut,

The page 1 post 1 is the working AutoScript for backing up the NAND. Tested many times.

You might need to change to a crappy smaller USB Flash drive.

I understand your concerns. But if you plan to never use any other firmware besides the Russian JB 20XRU-65-0131 then 1 current official firmware NAND backup is all you need.

I will not assist with manual Telnet and command lines of linux to run the NAND backup. I want no part of it.

Id wait for moremodey01 response on his thoughts.

Unless Liwil responds. They are the experts with the NAND and firmware.

I do recommend buying the Uart USB-TTL device incase you need to use the MTKtool to manually downgrade or upgrade a firmware.

The main reason to have a NAND backup is for the Blu-ray/4K Blu-ray key stuff.

Since you paid alot of good money for such a hard
to get, expensive unit, Id still test out out. You can disable wifi and not connect it to ethernet. I dont see the concern about revocation?

Obviously, the main point of getting an Oppo-203 lately, is... 🙄

@opponaut @theaxledentaldj
I guess having an old version dump is always nice in case we need it for some reason in the future, however in the current situation it is not a game changer, maybe Autoscript was simply not available on that version as @opponaut seems to know what he is doing.

i dont have an oppo ( and regarding how overpriced it is now i guess i ll never have :) ) But there are 2 serial port exposed on the board iirc, one is used by the mtk preloader on 115200 x 4 speed to dump , upgrade ... with mtktool, second one is sending logs / commands of the bluray (front) part. By default the preloader serial port is not used as a console login or even for debug output by the oppo OS once booted, so no chance from there .
Also somebody (i think @haute ) told me that the dump from the preloader wont create a full correct dump and stop past a few mega.. , never tried myself.

Try a bit more to see if you are not missing something obvious like letter case or dunno and then just safely update to EU65 and do the dump from there.

Also as a test use this AutoScript

Code:
SLEEPMS(1000)
CLI(CLI_exec /mnt/sda1/AutoScript/cf.sh)
SLEEPMS(1000)
CLI(CLI_exec sync)
CLI(CLI_drv.ir.rx.sq 0xaf000)
CLI(CLI_exec sync)

then in AutoScript/cf.sh , add this :

echo -e "drv.ir.rx.sq 0x3f001\nquit" | /usr/local/bin/cliprog
echo -e "drv.ir.rx.sq 0x8f000\nquit" | /usr/local/bin/cliprog

this should move the main menu from disc to favorites and then soft power off the unit.
Could be esier for you to see if AS is really working or not

Alternatively just use/adapt the cf.sh drv command as in CLI(CLI_drv.ir.rx.sq 0xaf000), .. same approach

I got a dirt cheap 16 GB USB 2.0 stick just for this purpose, how small and crappy should it be?

I don't think any AutoScript is executing, also tried AutoScript/AutoScript (without the .TSS part) and about 100 different combinations with all sorts of little changes that could all make the difference.

If nothing nice was lost with firmware updates, I may just update.

20x-54 does not support AutoScript. Only 20x-56, 60, 65 versions are supported

Strange, that people seem to have problems with certain USB sticks. Apparently there is incompatibility issues, which I have never encountered. I actually have 5 different mem sticks, all work, both run autoscripts in Oppo 203 and Chinoppo. Very old Kingston 2GB USB2, old Kingston 16GB USB2, 64GB very small sized Sandisk USB3, Sandisk 64GB normal size USB3 and latest and newest one is miniature sized Kingston 32GB USB3 with micro-USB connector in the other end.

---
Mean while other things I tried :) . I couldn't resist trying out custom themes with Chinoppo. So, I succesfully installed jb_overlay package and got working SSH and SFTP. Having SMB mounts on internal NAND is kind of neat although currently method still requires external mem stick with mount folders. I tested baboba's dark theme but installing it soft-bricked the Chinoppo. I can report that anti-brick feature on jb_overlay worked nicely and I managed to reboot, Telnet the device and remove not working bdpprogs and custom theme. Back to start. Chinoppo has on-board TTL-USB device so mtktool method was also possibility if anti-brick would not have worked. I discussed this with baboba and we could not spot any mistakes in my experiment. I did precisely as instructed, sync sync was applied in required steps and modded bdpprog* (the one able to run custom themes) were chmodded to executable. I will try again at some point...

20x-54 does not support AutoScript. Only 20x-56, 60, 65 versions are supported
This sounds like the right answer :clap:, I could not find this info anywhere; I spent hours trying :facepalm:. How nice of Oppo to add AutoScript support in new versions, a normal company would have probabbly removed it.

@liwil Do you think a NAND backup of 56 or 60 has any advantage over going straight to 65 and then doing a NAND backup?

@opponaut if you can dump the V60 that could be usefull , in V65 they implemented a protection that prevent from overwriting partitions from the OS in block device mode, could be nice to see what they changed exactly and eventually add it back.
Still not a game changer :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom