FREE Oppo and Clones Jailbreak

Actually I found a way to do it... I used the Switch_CN_Firmware script and replaced the CN BDProg with the one from EU and it worked... (Made a little NAND backup just in case before jumping in...)

Definitely less elegant than overlay as I suppose will have to jailbreak again with mtktool if I want to return to JB...
But as I don't really use JB functionalities, I suppose it will suffice until something new arises...

Thanks a lot for your quick answer !!!
cool cant wait for your test result. Issues, if any, where related to hdr PQ on dark scenes on LG tv.

Edit ; This was answer to some test request on hdr quality
i finally found the issue while playing with kodi and such , besides the picture settings , there is a menu on my philips saphi tv buried in settings -> sources -> hdmi XXX -> UHD quality where you can set quality to be standard or optimal and (switch to gaming profile .. ) . my vero4k was on optimal and my avr-oppo on standard with other options sets.

I set both to the same and now the hdr quality looks similar actually. Less grainy for sure on oppo.

That’s reassuring, thanks for posting your follow up findings.
I’m sticking with the jailbroken version of bdpprog. I have found no issues with HDR10 playback. PQ is excellent.

Definitely less elegant than overlay as I suppose will have to jailbreak again with mtktool if I want to return to JB...
Why with MTK? Is it not possible to utilize again the USB method?

Great job with the Jail Break firmware! I was wondering whether it was possible to get the Oppo to play a video file remotely, using ssh maybe?

Great job with the Jail Break firmware! I was wondering whether it was possible to get the Oppo to play a video file remotely, using ssh maybe?
Why not use the OPPO's 'MediaControl' app (v1.2.0) for Android devices ;)

Why not use the OPPO's 'MediaControl' app (v1.2.0) for Android devices ;)
I was thinking of running Kodi on a Raspberry Pi, attached to the HDMI in of the Oppo 203, for the fancy interface and using the playback capabilities of the Oppo. Just an idea I had and was wondering if it would be possible.

At the moment I use Emby on an Ipad and render to the Oppo, which works well but I would prefer to have a fancy inteface on the TV

I was thinking of running Kodi on a Raspberry Pi, attached to the HDMI in of the Oppo 203, for the fancy interface and using the playback capabilities of the Oppo. Just an idea I had and was wondering if it would be possible.

At the moment I use Emby on an Ipad and render to the Oppo, which works well but I would prefer to have a fancy inteface on the TV
i did that for kodi running on vero4k and the integration is flawless now but it is higly dependent of the vero4k remote as i configured it to handle my kodi/oppo/avr (volume) and power off/on all devices , but they are a lot of edge case to handle correctly to get it working for various scenario and i dont really know how long it would take to make it user friendly for others.

I dont have an oppo but m9702 so im switching tv sources with ip api of philips.

Is there no way you can create an nfs or smb share on the remote source and mount it on the oppo like most people tend to do? You just browse to the remote source under movies if you auto mount it or network and click the remote file. And if the Emby server supports DLNA it should just show up in the network section on the oppo.

i did that for kodi running on vero4k and the integration is flawless now but it is higly dependent of the vero4k remote as i configured it to handle my kodi/oppo/avr (volume) and power off/on all devices , but they are a lot of edge case to handle correctly to get it working for various scenario and i dont really know how long it would take to make it user friendly for others.

I dont have an oppo but m9702 so im switching tv sources with ip api of philips.

It would be good to see how you did this, it doesn't have to be user friendly for me, developing software using linux is my day job. Hopefully my harmony remote will be able to handle the control side of things.

Is there no way you can create an nfs or smb share on the remote source and mount it on the oppo like most people tend to do? You just browse to the remote source under movies if you auto mount it or network and click the remote file. And if the Emby server supports DLNA it should just show up in the network section on the oppo.

Yes I can already do this and it works fine it's just the Oppo media streaming interface is a bit "Industrial" and I also like fiddling around with stuff like this.

It would be good to see how you did this, it doesn't have to be user friendly for me, developing software using linux is my day job. Hopefully my harmony remote will be able to handle the control side of things.

Yes I can already do this and it works fine it's just the Oppo media streaming interface is a bit "Industrial" and I also like fiddling around with stuff like this.
I will create a github repo at some point

It is really the last time i try.... as at that point i dont know if you are trolling or not.

Your nand (like on board flash drive where the firmware is stored) is screwed because you where not following recommendations provided !!!!
If you back it up you will backup screwed data. Similar that if you delete a movie from your hard disk then make a backup of the hard disk, then the movie will not be in the backup.

mtktool can backup the nand but thats not what you need and nobody talked to you about this method.

For the rest on post #172 there is a full explanation of your issue. A bit later all the steps needed for you to 'maybe' recover your player functionality and post #1 as been updated to clearly explain how to backup with Autoscript your m9702 .It cant be clearer then that.

We are all busy with a real life so if you cant take some hours of your free time to read and try to understand the help you already received, sorry you are on your own.

Im like you busy with a real life too, i have read all your post but im 44 years old with no background in programing or doing IT stuff! It's an age where you learn slower!!

What you guys not understand is that im not even a native English speaker, i learnt this language by my self so this said combining the lack of IT understanding with a bad english results in me taken as a trol which im not! Maybe stupid but not a trol!!

Also i need to say that i did nothing with the player what i haven't been told to do! The USB TTL and Mtktool method for me was the easiest to understand! I used the downgrade.bin then the MAIN20XEU extracted from the 45 official EU firmware the via internet from the players menu to the latest so if this screwed up the players ability to playback Blu Ray disc was because i followed instructions from here not something i came up with!

I dont want to say that you guys are to blame, is my fault because i have been playing around with this firmwares but please dont tell me player is screwed cause i wasn't following recomandations cause i did followed them, didnt i? Followed all the steps for downgrading via USB TTL module!!
Also the overlay and sftp didnt worked for me,i could not sftp into the player so i bought that TTL module!

Im like you busy with a real life too, i have read all your post but im 44 years old with no background in programing or doing IT stuff! It's an age where you learn slower!!

What you guys not understand is that im not even a native English speaker, i learnt this language by my self so this said combining the lack of IT understanding with a bad english results in me taken as a trol which im not! Maybe stupid but not a trol!!

Also i need to say that i did nothing with the player what i haven't been told to do! The USB TTL and Mtktool method for me was the easiest to understand! I used the downgrade.bin then the MAIN20XEU extracted from the 45 official EU firmware the via internet from the players menu to the latest so if this screwed up the players ability to playback Blu Ray disc was because i followed instructions from here not something i came up with!

I dont want to say that you guys are to blame, is my fault because i have been playing around with this firmwares but please dont tell me player is screwed cause i wasn't following recomandations cause i did followed them, didnt i? Followed all the steps for downgrading via USB TTL module!!
Also the overlay and sftp didnt worked for me,i could not sftp into the player so i bought that TTL module!
read #172 again and again and follow steps by steps #245

Hello everyone! I bought my M9702 Oppo clone in October via the Spanish forum and it came with firmware version 20XCN-65-0131. If I am correct this is the most recent version of the firmware and I do not need to update it, but I want to change the interface with the original Oppo logo (now it has some Chinese logos) and add some custom wallpapers. Sorry for the noob question and if I look stupid but how can I do only this without possible harm to the firmware or the device itself?

hello ,
can i get help with the autoscript option ?
i have oppo 203 jailbracked
i just want to add movies from nas to the favorits option
tanks

Hello everyone! I bought my M9702 Oppo clone in October via the Spanish forum and it came with firmware version 20XCN-65-0131. If I am correct this is the most recent version of the firmware and I do not need to update it, but I want to change the interface with the original Oppo logo (now it has some Chinese logos) and add some custom wallpapers. Sorry for the noob question and if I look stupid but how can I do only this without possible harm to the firmware or the device itself?
you cant , those version had AutoScript disabled, you ll have to reflash the base firmware from post #1 and then go from there

Thank you, moremodey01! So basically I have to proceed with the jailbreak - OPPO203-and_Clones_FREE_JAILBREAK_OPPO65-0131_Noactivation-needed RU_CN_V1.0 ?
I will read carefully the instructions, but please advise me if there is something specific to keep in mind because I am not so experienced and I am worried I can brick my M9702.

Thank you, moremodey01! So basically I have to proceed with the jailbreak - OPPO203-and_Clones_FREE_JAILBREAK_OPPO65-0131_Noactivation-needed RU_CN_V1.0 ?
I will read carefully the instructions, but please advise me if there is something specific to keep in mind because I am not so experienced and I am worried I can brick my M9702.
yes , check maybe post #2 as well for all links, the packages is for CN, so if you want RU , you have to rename the RU file into CN, it is a bit of an headache but not that hard.

For the rest you just need mtktool and windows os, @theaxledentaldj used windows VM under mac os and it worked too.

Did you try using PuTTY (www.putty.org) to Telnet?

cskarev;
I used Windows 10 on BootCamp on my Mac mini to run Mtktool and fix my softbricked Oppo-203.
I use putty .. I insert the ip of my nas
When I load the program I get black screen but no option to enter something on the screen ..
I really happy if you cloud help me with that

I am a happy owner of Jailbreak oppo 203
to thank all the effort and especially theaxledentaldj who helped me.
if I have a problem I will let you know.

First of all, thank you for all the support here, it's really very helpful.
Before I do the jailbreak (RU) for my Oppo 203 EU Model with latest official firmware, i want to make sure how I can safely go back to the original firmware.

Is the procedure as described in post #222 without me risking to scrap the NAND in the process?
Of course in any case, i would always create a NAND backup before.

I ask for confirmation or other useful advice. Thanks a lot.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom