FREE Oppo and Clones Jailbreak

Matt batley

Thanks, unfortunately did not solve my problem 😞

I got an Oppo 203 supposedly crashed during a firmware update.

It's look like starting normally with HELLO/OPPO/HOME MENU on the VFD, but nothing on screen (no signal on TV) and doesn't react to any command after something like a second when getting the Home Menu message.

Any idea before I contact Oppo support ?
Have you tried putting a disc in and seeing if you get audio the hdmi could be set to audio only and needs changing in the settings which aren't being displayed. Use the buttons on front to try and get playback if it's starting up correctly and you get audio that could be your problem and an easy fix.

Thomas Szucs

Thanks, unfortunately did not solve my problem 😞

I got an Oppo 203 supposedly crashed during a firmware update.

It's look like starting normally with HELLO/OPPO/HOME MENU on the VFD, but nothing on screen (no signal on TV) and doesn't react to any command after something like a second when getting the Home Menu message.

Any idea before I contact Oppo support ?
Could it be that it is set to show 4k and that your TV is not that?

GGGxGGG

Novice Member
Thanks for the suggestions, but I ruled all them out unfortunately. The player is connected to a 4k TV, and I did try almost all type of disks from CD to 4K UHD. And even if I can heard the disk spinning, the only output I can get is the blank HDMI screen of the Audio only HDMI, nothing from any other one, even the network led go off.

Actually, once I get the Home Menu text on the player display, it doesn't react anymore to any type of input, remote, front buttons. The only ones vaguely reacting are the power button, but like after pushing it 20 seconds and some RS232 commands, even if most are getting an "ER" response or their action is simply not performed.

It's like it just somehow crash always at the same moment during startup, not even showing any output on the HDMI. On my BP-103, as soon as it power up I get an oppo splash screen, but on this 203 ... nothing

cle2000

Does AutoScript still work on your oppo ? Let's use this one to test.
You can put the AutoScript folder attached (with the 2 files included) onto a fresh USB drive formatted with FAT32.
Then plug it on your oppo and power on.
if it works (the tray will open), please send me a PM with a link to the files copied by the AutoScript in the root of the USB drive : i would like to check the fw version installed and ubi_boot content.
Then, we will try to re-install the appropriate FW with an automatic AutoScript.

Attachments

• AutoScript.zip
    656 bytes · Views: 50
Last edited:

FilipeAmadeuO

HI. I bought recently a Oppo UDP-203 and i am trying to use the CEC function with a Sony OLED 65AG9 TV.
When running a movie in UHD/BD the subtitle and audio button on the remote has no function.
Is this normal or just a limited implementation of the CEC feature on Sony OLED and/or Oppo UDP-203 ?
Can anyone share experiences with CEC function on Oppo ?

pww118

Novice Member
Thank you All for your efforts to put together the jailbreak firmware and cle2000 for making the files available again! Really appreciate all the time and efforts you guys spent!
My US Oppp203 was idled for a few years, just until yesterday I came across this thread and read it thru and now 203 becomes my main media player again! Used the Backup NAND Autoscript to back up everything and the Auto JB one to make the upgrade, everything went smooth and I can now play almost everything! Dolby Atmos show up and play fine every time, no more HDR issues I have with the other media player. The only issue I have is Oppo doesn't seem to support SMB2 and my network files cannot be accessed any more, I installed oShare media server and gain back access again.
Thank you All again for making this JB firmware available to everyone!!

Oxygen

Standard Member
Thank you All for your efforts to put together the jailbreak firmware and cle2000 for making the files available again! Really appreciate all the time and efforts you guys spent!
My US Oppp203 was idled for a few years, just until yesterday I came across this thread and read it thru and now 203 becomes my main media player again! Used the Backup NAND Autoscript to back up everything and the Auto JB one to make the upgrade, everything went smooth and I can now play almost everything! Dolby Atmos show up and play fine every time, no more HDR issues I have with the other media player. The only issue I have is Oppo doesn't seem to support SMB2 and my network files cannot be accessed any more, I installed oShare media server and gain back access again.
Thank you All again for making this JB firmware available to everyone!!
Hey!
If you are under Windows then try this one:

I dont't use Windows (11) sharing method though, it just f#%!s-up all the time, all sharing settings are disabled in windows, BUT with WinNFSd i can share my files through my Local network without issues :)

If you have a antivirus/firewall software installed it may give you some headache, just a tiny one, but evetually you learn how to fix that too. I got ESET Smart Security Premium and it blocks my Oppo (203) and WinNFSd.exe but once you find where to exclude these connections and unblock them you will have everything running perfectly!

Give it a shot! :)

pww118

Novice Member
Hey!
If you are under Windows then try this one:

I dont't use Windows (11) sharing method though, it just f#%!s-up all the time, all sharing settings are disabled in windows, BUT with WinNFSd i can share my files through my Local network without issues :)

If you have a antivirus/firewall software installed it may give you some headache, just a tiny one, but evetually you learn how to fix that too. I got ESET Smart Security Premium and it blocks my Oppo (203) and WinNFSd.exe but once you find where to exclude these connections and unblock them you will have everything running perfectly!

Give it a shot! :)
Thanks for recommend, I just downloaded and running WinNFSd, but keep getting Portmap daemon start failed error, searched for solution to no avail. :(

Back when Microsoft released SMBv2, Oppo suggested using oShare as media server, it's tiny and free and work very well for sharing media files. I still like to try WinNFSd if you have any solution to make it work.

Oxygen

Standard Member
Thanks for recommend, I just downloaded and running WinNFSd, but keep getting Portmap daemon start failed error, searched for solution to no avail. :(

Back when Microsoft released SMBv2, Oppo suggested using oShare as media server, it's tiny and free and work very well for sharing media files. I still like to try WinNFSd if you have any solution to make it work.

Not sure what that error message means but i could just try to explain how to run it so you could try:

My path to "WinNFSd.exe" is "C:\Tools\WinNFSd\" and in it i have the, .bat + exports.txt files (you must make these). Folder content looks like this:
1659735067086.png

The important files are: WinNFSd.exe, nfsservice.bat, exports.txt
-other files are for me when i forget things :)

the .bat file content (commands) is like this:
winnfsd.exe -id 0 0 -log off -pathFile "C:\Tools\WinNFSd\exports.txt"
1659735132083.png

the content of exports.txt file is:

D:\MUSIC_WORKS
H:\O2REMUX_1080p

I:\O2REMUX_2160p
J:\TEMPORARY\
K:\-REMUXED-

K:\-REMUXED-\- LATEST

-make the first line empty (in exports.txt), apparently users have seen issues without it...:
1659735095302.png

-Now, the paths must of course be changed to the correct path according to your sharing folders.

Once the .bat file is made just run it, then you will see in taskmanager that is running:
1659735227789.png

-at this point if no error messages are given then those folders are shared through NFS.
But remember to check your firewall. If your Oppo (obviously) is connected to the network
it would find the PC running WinNFSd.exe, but firewall would probably block it, so you will
need to unblock it. Once you try unblock retry to find the network in your Oppo.

Hope this helps, otherwise just reply or message me and I'll try to help :)

PS.
If you want the PC that runs WinNFSd.exe to start with Windows then do this:
press WIN-KEY + R, type shell:startup, then the Startup folder will open, then right-click and
choose NEW -> SHORTCUT -> and browse to your .bat file, so next time Windows starts the NFS file will start automatically :)

Last edited:

pww118

Novice Member
Not sure what that error message means but i could just try to explain how to run it so you could try:

My path to "WinNFSd.exe" is "C:\Tools\WinNFSd\" and in it i have the, .bat + exports.txt files (you must make these). Folder content looks like this:
View attachment 1734463

The important files are: WinNFSd.exe, nfsservice.bat, exports.txt
-other files are for me when i forget things :)

the .bat file content (commands) is like this:
winnfsd.exe -id 0 0 -log off -pathFile "C:\Tools\WinNFSd\exports.txt"
View attachment 1734465

the content of exports.txt file is:

D:\MUSIC_WORKS
H:\O2REMUX_1080p

I:\O2REMUX_2160p
J:\TEMPORARY\
K:\-REMUXED-

K:\-REMUXED-\- LATEST

-make the first line empty (in exports.txt), apparently users have seen issues without it...:
View attachment 1734464
-Now, the paths must of course be changed to the correct path according to your sharing folders.

Once the .bat file is made just run it, then you will see in taskmanager that is running:
View attachment 1734466

-at this point if no error messages are given then those folders are shared through NFS.
But remember to check your firewall. If your Oppo (obviously) is connected to the network
it would find the PC running WinNFSd.exe, but firewall would probably block it, so you will
need to unblock it. Once you try unblock retry to find the network in your Oppo.

Hope this helps, otherwise just reply or message me and I'll try to help :)

PS.
If you want the PC that runs WinNFSd.exe to start with Windows then do this:
press WIN-KEY + R, type shell:startup, then the Startup folder will open, then right-click and
choose NEW -> SHORTCUT -> and browse to your .bat file, so next time Windows starts the NFS file will start automatically :)
Thanks so much for the detailed instruction, I followed a similar instruction on Friday to create an export and .bat file and had it in Startup folder as well. Over the weekend and after a few reboots, it seems to be working now, not sure what I did to make the error disappearred, will do some evaluation for it's performance and stability, thanks again for recommendation!

IXXIBoss

Novice Member
Because files page 1 are not available anymore, i searched all AutoScripts saved into my hard disk that i could share.

When i found manual JB AutoScripts, i suddenly understood why the manual undo jailbreak AutoScript failed : MAIN20X file has to be decrypted !
That means that we do not have to switch anymore to our region first in order to return to official firmware.
So i successfuly tested it, and from now we can completly go back to original firmware with manual method.
I also rewrote the automatic AutoScripts (Post#990) in order to use the same way for each : simpler and without reboot in the unjailbreak process (because bdpprog of the desired region is not useful anymore) : fully tested too.

I share you these autoscripts and other ones that i saved into my PC :

Backup NAND AutoScript

Manual JB UJB AutoScript EU
Manual JB UJB AutoScript USA
Manual JB UJB AutoScript RU
Manual JB UJB AutoScript CN

Auto JB UJB AutoScript EU
Auto JB UJB AutoScript USA
Auto JB UJB AutoScript RU
Auto JB UJB AutoScript CN

Jailbreak Overlay AutoScript [re-uploaded on 04-24-2022 with 100% original one]

AutoScripts Modules

MTKTOOL method

UnBrick Firmware
Hi All,
Long time lurker in these forums and only just discovered this thread. Is anyone able to tell me which script I should use to Jailbreak an AU Oppo 203? Can I just use the EU or USA version? Sorry if this is a basic question, I've had a fairly extensive read of the thread, but cant work out if using the wrong firmware will brick my player.

Thank you very much in advance.

Thomas Szucs

Hi All,
Long time lurker in these forums and only just discovered this thread. Is anyone able to tell me which script I should use to Jailbreak an AU Oppo 203? Can I just use the EU or USA version? Sorry if this is a basic question, I've had a fairly extensive read of the thread, but cant work out if using the wrong firmware will brick my player.

Thank you very much in advance.
No, you can not just use the EU or the USA version, but we can make a package, that will jailbreak your player.
First do the NAND backup that is described. I have also contacted you in PM.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom