FREE Oppo and Clones Jailbreak

hlindstr

Maybe use cle2000 AutoScript to uninstall JB_overlay?

As for my Oppo-203 that I turn on everyday, that has my custom Dark Theme
Beta on it, using JB_overlay v2beta, is running great.
Any news about Dark Theme JB_overlay_v2? I see it's still at beta stage :). I recently started to think again what went wrong with my previous Dark Theme experiment (it resulted soft bricked M9702v3 but I easily fixed the problem with the help of JB_overlay functionality). One thing I thought later was that I did not chmod +x the bin image files after copying them to required NAND path. Only the executable pdpprog* files. But does it make any sense to chmod +x bin files? Isn't chmod for making scripts executable?

Btw, where can I find the cle2000's uninstall JB_overlay script?

Last edited:

theaxledentaldj

hlindstr,

The Dark Theme Beta 2 skin I worked on was shared many months ago. I asked for feedback on it. I removed it because of its tricky nature to install properly, and chmod it so you dont softbrick. Chmod can make
a files have read/write permissions fully.

I dont know if MTKTool works fully on my
Mac Mini M1 under Parallels VM of Windows 10arm.

So, I stopped working on it. I think all it
needed was the onscreen keyboard color change from blue to black. I did make
a custome JB_Overlay V2 beta with it built inside my Dark Theme skin along with custom Autostart.sh.

Honestly, its not hard to make a skin. moremodey01 offers the Themes kit to download on page 1, post #2.

Cle2000 AutoScript is in one of these posts. Try searching for it?

haiqu

Standard Member
@theaxledentaldj Well, I finally removed the errant overlay on the BDP-103D and restored the bdpprog to original, thanks to the files you provided in #1,117 above. The tray still won't open so I definitely have a hardware fault on this machine. Blast, what rotten luck.

Have you managed to get hold of a copy of bdpprog for the UDP203AU yet? I'm not happy with the way this jailbreak performs and want to remove it completely. I can unpack it once with 7zip which has squashfs built in, but can't open the MAIN20XAU.bin file because it seems to be encrypted.

The Python tools like binwalk turned out to be useless under Windows. Typical Linux junk.

Last edited:

theaxledentaldj

haiqu,

Your best and easiet option is to downgrade to the base firmware 45 for your region unit via MTKTool.

Liwil has not shared the original AU bdpprog. Theres a decrypting method that
I will not explain that involves a downgrade process.

haiqu

Standard Member
Yeah I was hoping to avoid that. Oh well. :-/

The obvious way is to extract the files using WinSCP but that requires an unmodified machine.

cle2000

Standard Member
@theaxledentaldj Well, I finally removed the errant overlay on the BDP-103D and restored the bdpprog to original, thanks to the files you provided in #1,117 above. The tray still won't open so I definitely have a hardware fault on this machine. Blast, what rotten luck.

Have you managed to get hold of a copy of bdpprog for the UDP203AU yet? I'm not happy with the way this jailbreak performs and want to remove it completely. I can unpack it once with 7zip which has squashfs built in, but can't open the MAIN20XAU.bin file because it seems to be encrypted.

The Python tools like binwalk turned out to be useless under Windows. Typical Linux junk.
Could you please explain what is wrong for you with the 203 RU JB FW ? From my side, bugs are also present in the official FW. Thanks.

haiqu

Standard Member
Could you please explain what is wrong for you with the 203 RU JB FW ? From my side, bugs are also present in the official FW. Thanks.
Not so much a matter of bugs, although I am finding that the config save function is now writing scrambled data and corrupting the USB stick. Mainly though, I'm not using the functionality. It seems that 99% of BluRay discs sold in Australia are multi-region even if they say otherwise.

If I had more BluRay discs to test I might find one that won't work but I have a hardware mod anyhow.

haiqu

Standard Member
There are other issues. It won't read ISOs from the NAS or play SACD burned onto a DVD-R either. And since my main usage of the player is audio, the whole procedure seems to have been entirely useless.

haiqu

Standard Member
haiqu,
Are you able to play Blu-ray ISOs from local storage?
If by "local storage" you mean a USB HDD directly attached to the Oppo, then I haven't tested this and don't expect to ever use it in that configuration. The issue I'm having isn't with BluRay ISOs anyhow, since all my BluRay discs (including foreign ones) play fine even with AU firmware. The issue is with audio ISOs, especially SACD ISOs. I now have the tools to unpack these and convert to DFF files.

Last edited:

haiqu

Standard Member
Ok thanks. Strange, no problem with config save function for me.
I reinstalled the RU JB and the config save function now works correctly. All else is still problematic.

At this stage I'm seeking a second unit so that I can get hold of the bdpprog from it, and will then revert this unit to AU firmware completely until I can build my own firmware version.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom