FREE Oppo and Clones Jailbreak

No, JB has to be installed with the same method(s) whatever the region.
Are you still with USA original FW ? If yes, did you try my suggestions described in my last post ?

Last edited:
No, JB has to be installed with the same method(s) whatever the region.
Are you still with USA original FW ? If yes, did you tried my suggestions described in my last post ?
I read your instructions and I believe that was really the problem.
Yesterday I carefully read all the pages, and I still have doubts if it's worth installing on Oppo 205.
Thank you all for your help, I have the pendrive ready for installation, but I want to think a little more.

Reynaldo,
Yes. If the unit already has Russian 65 firmware installed, then it might be a little
faster to install/upgrade.

See, the issue now is, original firmwares
are packed in an Encrypted Bin file.

So, the Russian Jailbreak MAIN20X.bin file is already decrypted. Which was inside the
Original Russian 65 firmware.

At this time, we are not re-building UDP20X.bin with the russian jailbreak already inside. There is also, I think, a signature check.

On an added note, please use a USB 3.0 flash drive, the copy command might be too short on the Automatic method. But the manual USB Method that copies the Russian JB MAIN20X.bin file is about 50 seconds into the /tmp area of the NAND.

As long as you have a NAND backed up, you can Jailbreak your Oppo-205, and if you want to go back to the Original 65 firmware, you can. I spent allot of testing of that in my Oppo-203.

Reynaldo,
Yes. If the unit already has Russian 65 firmware installed, then it might be a little
faster to install/upgrade.

See, the issue now is, original firmwares
are packed in an Encrypted Bin file.

So, the Russian Jailbreak MAIN20X.bin file is already decrypted. Which was inside the
Original Russian 65 firmware.

At this time, we are not re-building UDP20X.bin with the russian jailbreak already inside. There is also, I think, a signature check.

On an added note, please use a USB 3.0 flash drive, the copy command might be too short on the Automatic method. But the manual USB Method that copies the Russian JB MAIN20X.bin file is about 50 seconds into the /tmp area of the NAND.

As long as you have a NAND backed up, you can Jailbreak your Oppo-205, and if you want to go back to the Original 65 firmware, you can. I spent allot of testing of that in my Oppo-203.
Here I have Oppo's latest Russian original FW.
The UDP20XRU-65-013. I have a script where you can install this FW on any 203 or 205, regardless of region.
Oppo will become a Russian original
Then it would be enough to reinstall Jailbreak.
If you want to go back to the original FW, just install the original Russian.
I thought about it as they have the English language internally.

Reynaldo, can I see that script?
Its probably using the same trick that our manual USB Method is.

Anyway..
with what moremodey01 has made, putting the Russian Jailbreak on an Oppo-203/205 does allow same region re-install of the Russian Original Firmware.

I've done the jailbreak on my USA Oppo 203 using the automatic method, and it worked great. Tried going back using the automatic method and that worked too. I'm trying to go back to jailbreak, but it's not working.

I deleted the log file from the USB with the jailbreak files and put in in the Oppo, and at first it just did the tray opening, which I thought is the first part of the manual method. But the tray didn't close. I went to the firmware update in the settings and went through the procedure and in the end it hasn't changed. The log file after says:
Backup current ubiboot bdpprog
Jailbreak installation
Restore initial ubiboot bdpprog
JB successfuly done

But it's still stock firmware. I tried a couple of times, once it said the firmware was incorrect or corrupted.

I downloaded the files for the manual USB method and went through the process, but still stock firmware. Any ideas?

I've done the jailbreak on my USA Oppo 203 using the automatic method, and it worked great. Tried going back using the automatic method and that worked too. I'm trying to go back to jailbreak, but it's not working.

I deleted the log file from the USB with the jailbreak files and put in in the Oppo, and at first it just did the tray opening, which I thought is the first part of the manual method. But the tray didn't close. I went to the firmware update in the settings and went through the procedure and in the end it hasn't changed. The log file after says:
Jailbreak installation
JB successfuly done

But it's still stock firmware. I tried a couple of times, once it said the firmware was incorrect or corrupted.

I downloaded the files for the manual USB method and went through the process, but still stock firmware. Any ideas?
I haven't tried it on Oppo 205 yet.
If you installed Jailbreak and it worked, why did you come back?

I found the audio to be not quite as good, a little thinner. I had to adjust the audio delay in the av processor to be 5ms less, so it's definitely doing things a little differently.

I've decided to stay with stock firmware, so no need to figure this out.

I found the audio to be not quite as good, a little thinner. I had to adjust the audio delay in the av processor to be 5ms less, so it's definitely doing things a little differently.

With the original FW I don't have any bugs.
That's why I'm afraid to install.

Jailbreak installation
JB successfuly done

I sent you a PM

regarding what JB is doing the difference must be in the RU original version of the executable player vs USA original version.

Would be nice if you could try the RU original version (via jb overlay) and tell if you hear the same issues.

No, that is not the case. The free jailbreak on this site can not be used on a Cambridge.
You can buy a jailbreak for the Cambridge somewhere on the internet.
And that jailbreak for the Cambridge will void the warranty without those sellling the firmware taking over, I assume.

What are your experience with oppo-jb.com? Their Trustpilot review is excellent.

I made a version 1.2 of automatical JB and UJB stk bdpprog Autoscripts (based on LIWIL work), especially to avoid problems faced by @Reynaldo (not enough time for Oppo to decrypt Original FW before copying MAIN20XCN_RU.bin) and @fatjulio ( JB redone with existing stock bdpprog wrongly present because of UJB AutoScript previously ran BUT not fully completed).

I completly tested theses 2 AutoScripts but It would be nice if someone could test them before posting this new release page 1.
AutoScripts Zip file and more information available here :
FREE Oppo and Clones Jailbreak

Required prerequisites files at the root of your USB drive :

* For JB stk bdpprog :

• MAIN20XCN_RU.bin => Jailbreak renamed as is
  • UDP20X.bin or UDP20XRU.bin or UDP20XEU.bin or UDP20XAU.bin or UDP20XCN.bin or UDP20XJP.bin or UDP20XTW.bin => official stock 65-0131 FW of your region.

* For UJB stk bdpprog :
  • UDP20X.bin or UDP20XRU.bin or UDP20XEU.bin or UDP20XAU.bin or UDP20XCN.bin or UDP20XJP.bin or UDP20XTW.bin => official stock 65-0131 FW of your region.
  • bdpprog_us or bdpprog_ru or bdpprog_eu or bdpprog_au or bdpprog_cn or bdpprog_jp or bdpprog_tw => official stock 65-0131 "bdpprog" of your region renamed with the appropriate suffix

Reminder : these prerequisite files are available page 1 for US and EU regions.

Last edited:
looks like they are doing somethign similar with 2 devices and the oppo hdmi in , issue is that in my case the AVR doesnt support HDR10+ while my TV does. So i have to output the Video of the oppo on the TV and the audio on the AVR and then switch all as explained in the readme
Please someone wouldn't advise you how to do it. I can't load images from the link. Thank you

FYI, Silican Labs UART to USB Bridge Windows 10 Universal drivers installed on Windows 10 Arm64 insider preview via Parallels 17.01. The Windows 10 Device manager saw them but as an unknown and unsigned driver with a yellow triangle "!" warning. But I only tested from my new Mac Mini M1 (2020) from its Thunderport 3-port USB 3.1 hub. Maybe directly I wouldn't get that warning. But, MTKTool loaded up and everything was check marked ready for downgrading a firmware. So it saw the Uart TTL-USB device/com port. Ooh, at first it didn't see the comm port. I have to make Parallels settings for a Comms/serial port.

Hey guys. I have a UDP-203 bought brand new in May 2020 for AU$1000 + shipping. Glad to see that they're going up in price (current market value here is AU$2200) but it certainly made me hesitate before attempting this jailbreak!

I have been happy enough with using the SuperDisk, and I ratted a region mod out of an old and unused BDP-93 so wasn't really worried too much about foreign BluRay discs either. But when I set up a NAS on the home network on the weekend I knew it was time to take the plunge.

Procedures followed:

0. Read everything in the first few pages multiple times.
1. Upgrade firmware from 60-0625 to 65-0131
2. NAND backup of AU version.
3. Upgrade by manual method.
4. Could not access the Oppo with Telnet.
5. Apply overlay files, now both Telnet and SSH work.
6. NAND backup of RU version and compare.

At this stage everything just works, apart from the myriad original Oppo bugs that they didn't ever iron out while they were in business. I tried all my BDs but even those marked as Zone B Only worked in every zone setting, which is fairly common in Australia. I've ordered a specifically known foreign disc to test this but I'm sure it will be fine. And now I don't have that ugly dongle sticking out of the RS-232 port either. Only issue I can think of is that the bdpprog_au file hasn't yet been posted so I can't revert to the AU version easily, but I can't see an immediate need for that and I doubt this unit will ever be sold.

I have an M9203 on order from Rong too, and that should arrive in about a week, so it's nice to have a bit of knowledge about the internals of these things. Thanks to all who contributed, great work. :)

Last edited:
Congrats haiqu.

If I were you, don't order an M9203 from Rong. You have an actual Oppo-203.
Id keep an eye out on a 2nd Oppo-203 though.

Sometimes, telnet refuses to work. Finiky. But as long as an AutoScript works, you CAN copy out your original bdpprog before Jailbreaking it.

As for your Original AU bdpprog file, can I get a copy of that?

If you have it, you CAN go back to the Original Stock Firmware.

If I recall.. you could even SHFTP/, Telnet or use an AutoScript to put in the USA or EU original bdpprog and then you can go to EU or USA Original Stock Firmware.

You can change Blu-ray Regions in the Settings menu:

For changing Blu-ray region you need to switch Disc Menu Language only to:

BD-zone "A" - Setup-Playback Setup-Language-Disc Menu Language-English

BD-zone "B" - Setup-Playback Setup-Language-Disc Menu Language-French

BD-zone "C" - Setup-Playback Setup-Language-Disc Menu Language-Other-8285 (Russian)

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom