FREE Oppo and Clones Jailbreak

SceneMissing

I asked about the fitted mod and JB. At this point I have not been brave enough to try it. It would be nice if the JB and mod worked together so that the region changing functionality can be done with the mod and the JB solely for ISO playback etc thus avoiding the need for foreign menus etc.

Perhaps someone has tried this and has some information if the two play nice. Stock Oppo firmware works with the mod so i would hope the JB would too.

leev, how easy or hard is it to remove that region mod hardware? Can you share on how its ibstalked and what it looks like?

Removing the internal mod is as simple as detacthing the ribbon cable that connects it to the main board. I tended to do it every time I ran an install of an official Oppo firmware just to be safe.

theaxledentaldj

I did some googling..
There is a USA JB Firmware for the Oppo BDP-103(D)/105(D) that removes DVD region(Region switching in settings), and allows DVD ISO files, SACD-R playback and more..

"Unlock Firmware Detailed Instructions USB Flash Drive What you end up with is a Player that Supports: Blu Ray/DVD/DVD-A ISO File Playback BDMV Folders SACD-R Region Free Blu Ray (Region A, B, C) Region Free DVD (Region 1-6) Cinavia unlock Your 103(D) or 105(D) must have firmware 83-1226 or older."

There is a multi-region modchip as well. It connects to the RS232 port and a ribbon cable inside the player.

liwil

@moremodey01
sda1 has been mounted with NFS. When sda1 is unplugged, /mnt/sda1 will also disappear, but the mount information still exists. When unplugging sda1, is there a way to automatically run xxx.sh and complete sda1 umount?

Last edited:
wow seems complicated.

I know DVDFab can do it but i dont have that program.
Is there any loss in audio/video quality after doing that?

my music files are ISO files not MKV.

They are copies of my original discs
Just so people know... It's possible to open .ISO image files directly using MakeMKV...

leev

Standard Member
It's a hassle for me to disconnect mine and open it up to take one myself, but this PDF installation guide has images of the chip and where it connects: Installation Instructions Oppo UDP-203 ...avsforum.com
This is the mod I have however i have it on the 205 and this was fitted professionally as the configuration on the 205 means removing an audio board to connect. This means disconnection is not an option for me. Whether anyone with a good knowledge of the board can determine whether it will play nice with the JB that would be great? I never had an issue with the official firmware updates.

RasDan

Novice Member
can somebody make a picture of the hard mod ?
Especially the chip
I went with a hardware mod for my 203. I've attached the installation instructions, which has some pretty clear photos of the board. It has a different layout to the mods used by Leev and SceneMissing, but I presume it's basically the same.

Attachments

• OPPO UDP-203 205 Region Free upgrade installation instructions.pdf
    761.4 KB · Views: 32

SceneMissing

I went with a hardware mod for my 203. I've attached the installation instructions, which has some pretty clear photos of the board. It has a different layout to the mods used by Leev and SceneMissing, but I presume it's basically the same.

That may well be the same one I have. I forget where I ordered the chip from from online. It's been so long since I opened up the player (incidentally doesn't anyone happen to know what size/type screws those are at the back of the 203? A couple of mine are a little worn and it would be nice to replace them).

liwil

This mod kit is for novices.People who don’t know JB use it
1:The player must be ON with NO disc
(The jailbreak can have a disc, and the A/B/C area code takes effect immediately)

2:turn OFF the player and your blu-ray setting will be effective after reboot.
(Turn OFF is not needed for jailbreak, the A/B/C area code takes effect immediately)

RasDan

Novice Member
This mod kit is for novices.People who don’t know JB use it
1:The player must be ON with NO disc
(The jailbreak can have a disc, and the A/B/C area code takes effect immediately)

2:turn OFF the player and your blu-ray setting will be effective after reboot.
(Turn OFF is not needed for jailbreak, the A/B/C area code takes effect immediately)
This discussion about the mod kit is probably getting a bit off-topic now. I only added my response because moremodey01 wanted photos of the mod.

I'm completely comfortable with the JB firmware, but I will only flash it when I have an absolute requirement for it. At the moment, I don't; so I'd prefer to keep the stock firmware. I would have flashed the JB if the region switch method worked to my preference.

The JB firmware region switch doesn't quite meet my need. I'm based in UK, if I have to change the disc menu to English so that I can watch my region A blu-rays (I have quite a few), then to change it back to watch my region B blu-rays (of which I have many more), I have to set the disc menu to French. This means my 203 could be set to French menus more often than not. This isn't ideal (especially when you have other users in the house). The hardware mod gives me the results I require, albeit at a greater cost.

Cheers!

liwil

region B see French menus.
You can set it to French and then set another language such as Chinese...If there is no language in the Disc, the English menu will appear

Only RU jailbreak
region A=English ,Set it again later,not French or Russian, change to other languages is still region A
region B=French ,Set it again later,not English or Russian, change to other languages is still region B
region C=Russian ,Set it again later,not English or French, change to other languages is still region C
[No need to eject or reboot, take effective immediately]

Last edited:

liwil

bdpprog of jb_overlay can choose two firmware options(RU/EU)

/mnt/ubi_boot/bdpprog
Code:
#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/lircd_simulator &
sleep 0.2
/mnt/ubi_boot/jb_overlay/bin/brick_monitor &
PID_BM=$!
sleep 1
kill -9 $PID_BM
killall lircd_simulator

#.nobrick ON/OFF = RU jailbreak/EU official firmware
#.bdp ON/OFF = Self-modified theme/OPPO official theme
/mnt/ubi_boot/jb_overlay/sh/autos.sh &
[ ! -f /mnt/ubi_boot/.nobrick ] && /mnt/ubi_boot/bdpprog_eu
[ -f /mnt/ubi_boot/.bdp ] && /mnt/ubi_boot/jb_overlay/bdp/bdpprog.1 || /usr/local/bin/bdpprog.1

bdpprog.gif

Last edited:

whirlpool

bdpprog of jb_overlay can choose two firmware options(RU/EU)

/mnt/ubi_boot/bdpprog
Code:
#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/lircd_simulator &
sleep 0.2
/mnt/ubi_boot/jb_overlay/bin/brick_monitor &
PID_BM=$!
sleep 1
kill -9 $PID_BM
killall lircd_simulator

#.nobrick ON/OFF = RU jailbreak/EU official firmware
#.bdp ON/OFF = Self-modified theme/OPPO official theme
/mnt/ubi_boot/jb_overlay/sh/autos.sh &
[ ! -f /mnt/ubi_boot/.nobrick ] && /mnt/ubi_boot/bdpprog_eu || [ -f /mnt/ubi_boot/.bdp ] && /mnt/ubi_boot/jb_overlay/bdp/bdpprog.1 || /usr/local/bin/bdpprog.1

View attachment 1499550

Useful, but have you noticed any differences between bdpprog (RU) and bdpprog(EU) ?

liwil

It's just that RU has jailbreak and EU has not jailbreak, you can decide by yourself before booting

jb.sh
Code:
#!/bin/sh
ov="/mnt/ubi_boot"
AS=`mount|grep AS|awk '{ print $3 }'`
[ -f $ov/.nobrick ] && ( rm $ov/.nobrick && cp $AS/bdpprog_eu $ov/bdpprog_eu && chmod +x $ov/bdpprog_eu && echo "jb_overlay Disable" ) || ( touch $ov/.nobrick &&  rm $ov/bdpprog_eu && echo "jb_overlay Enable" )
[ -f $ov/.bdp ] && echo "BDP Enable" || echo "BDP Disable"
ls  --color=auto -la $ov/

jb..gif

Last edited:

moremodey01

thanks was extremly usefull :)
Looks like this chip is actually activating the CLI mode available on the uart port (i think/hope the one in CLI_thread) and then sending some commands. It is interresting cause it looks like they are some extra command available there , one of them being possibly the mount refresh that @theaxledentaldj , @liwil where asking for.
This is the same port where you plug the usb - ttl uart converter for mtktool right ?

theaxledentaldj

Based on the pdf and the pictures of the Oppo-205, it looks like the Uart/TTL-USB port. Thomas S might be able to confirm this. But from looking at the pictures of my Oppo-203, it looks very similar. But I'm not sure. Mine is posted on page 1 post one, and my port shows GND, U_RXD, U_TXD, and JV3W. Not 100% sure because of the picture and my eye-sight. But it IS the port I use with the MTKtool to interrupt the bootloaser and manually downgrade and manually install the MAIN20XCN_unbrick.bin.

Its an interesting find though. More CLI commends? Couldn't the MTKtool be deciphered to see what else it can do? Sending more commands?

moremodey01

Based on the pdf and the pictures of the Oppo-205, it looks like the Uart/TTL-USB port. Thomas S might be able to confirm this. But from looking at the pictures of my Oppo-203, it looks very similar. But I'm not sure. Mine is posted on page 1 post one, and my port shows GND, U_RXD, U_TXD, and JV3W. Not 100% sure because of the picture and my eye-sight. But it IS the port I use with the MTKtool to interrupt the bootloaser and manually downgrade and manually install the MAIN20XCN_unbrick.bin.

Its an interesting find though. More CLI commends? Couldn't the MTKtool be deciphered to see what else it can do? Sending more commands?
no mtktool use the port during the mtk preloader stage, but then later once booted, apparently the same uart port is reused by bdpprog, i think in the cli_thread.

hlindstr

region B see French menus.
You can set it to French and then set another language such as Chinese...If there is no language in the Disc, the English menu will appear

Only RU jailbreak
region A=English ,Set it again later,not French or Russian, change to other languages is still region A
region B=French ,Set it again later,not English or Russian, change to other languages is still region B
region C=Russian ,Set it again later,not English or French, change to other languages is still region C
[No need to eject or reboot, take effective immediately]
Good tip. I have also wondered about "French/Region B" issue because so many EU discs have seperate French language menus, which are annoyingly launched if player language/region is set to French.

Last edited:

hlindstr

Re: hw region mod. My Oppo 203 internal region mod is from Bluraychip.dk (have gone belly up I guess). It seems to have Microchip's PIC16F677 microcontroller on it.

region_mod.jpg

Last edited:

hlindstr

It's just that RU has jailbreak and EU has not jailbreak, you can decide by yourself before booting
jb.sh
Code:
#!/bin/sh
ov="/mnt/ubi_boot"
AS=`mount|grep AS|awk '{ print $3 }'`
[ -f $ov/.nobrick ] && ( rm $ov/.nobrick && cp $AS/bdpprog_eu $ov/bdpprog_eu && chmod +x $ov/bdpprog_eu && echo "jb_overlay Disable" ) || ( touch $ov/.nobrick &&  rm $ov/bdpprog_eu && echo "jb_overlay Enable" )
[ -f $ov/.bdp ] && echo "BDP Enable" || echo "BDP Disable"
ls  --color=auto -la $ov/

View attachment 1500136
Decide before boot up? How? Or do you mean you run jb.sh via Telnet/SSH, which then asks to choose between RU jb or original EU? Then reboot your Oppo/Chinoppo.

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sennheiser Consumer Electronics acquired by Sonova
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Freeview Play viewers get Android TV homescreen update
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Hisense announces US TV and soundbar ranges for 2021
  • By Andy Bassett