FREE Oppo and Clones Jailbreak

Just want to share my latest findings. I have been converting a lot of folder structures to ISOs on my network attached storage. Some of them are also DVD-ISOs. Yesterday I wanted to test some of these DVD-ISOs, but to my surprise my OPPO showed ‘Wrong region’ on one of them. I actually thought that the jailbreak firmware added region free function on DVDs as well as on BluRays which is apparently not the case. Mostly when you rip discs you usually remove the region coding, but here I had an ISO with a specific region. I could of course remove the region by building a new ISO file.

But here comes the funny thing. For all Oppo players there has always been an ‘Oppo Superdisc’ which removes region coding on DVDs. This is an ISO you can download and burn onto a DVDR and then put it into your player. After a second your player ejects the disc and the Oppo is now region free on DVD’s. Guess what – this disc also fixes region lock for DVD-ISOs.

The Oppo Superdisc can be downloaded from here.

Superdisc - Unlock your OPPO Blu-ray player for all DVD regions! | OPPO Digital Australia

If someone wants to test this please try to do a NAND backup before and after running the disc. We could maybe do a compare to see what the Superdisc updates. This could be useful for clones without a disc drive.

Also if someone could try if it works by just starting the ISO without burning it to a DVDR. This is not an Autoscript. There is a SUPER folder with some small files in it.

I ran it long time ago before my Oppo was jailbroken. I think my firmware downgrade/upgrade journey removed it which was why I had to run it again.

Hey Thomas S...

I might try this. I wonder what the super disc ISO does? Does it patch something in the NAND in the firmware. I dont think I have any DVD ISO's in the wrong region. Did you try the region switch trick in the settings? The one that works for Blurays? You know, A, B, C, with language settings?

I wonder if the superdisc ISO would work right just run off a HDD?

Hey Thomas S...

I might try this. I wonder what the super disc ISO does? Does it patch something in the NAND in the firmware. I dont think I have any DVD ISO's in the wrong region. Did you try the region switch trick in the settings? The one that works for Blurays? You know, A, B, C, with language settings?

I wonder if the superdisc ISO would work right just run off a HDD?
At first I thought th Superdisc patches only the discplayer, but since the regionfree was removed with my firmware up/downgrade I think is must be something in the NAND. This is why I suggest a NAND backup before and after.
BluRays are region A, B and C while DVDs are region 1 - 7. How would they map?
I have no clue on how to run it off a HDD.

Will try if I can make an small .iso with a specific region. :)

Last edited:
..................................this kodi integration will be released on github once i find the motivation to write some explanations in a readme and push it.......................................................
Waiting for this I am very impatient, exceptional work for the community

At first I thought th Superdisc patches only the discplayer, but since the regionfree was removed with my firmware up/downgrade I think is must be something in the NAND. This is why I suggest a NAND backup before and after.
BluRays are region A, B and C while DVDs are region 1 - 7. How would they map?
I have no clue on how to run it off a HDD.

Will try if I can make an small .iso with a specific region. :)
hi @Thomas Szucs

Nice find, i just checked, actually when you mount an ISO the firmare always check if the file /SUPER/SPECIAL_CONFIG.spe and /SUPER/FUNCTION_0.cfg exists.

If it does it calls a function that disable region, file content is not used :).

The setting is stored in this ACFG encrypted file that is also preserved in /mnt/ubi_boot ..

I tried to parse this ACFG as forcing DV on mkv and such can be done from there too, but iirc the code is handled by a driver (bdp.so ?) and the prog interact with it through an ioctl , with an ecryption layer of some sort , would need to jump back in it eventually.

However if you factory reset your player, region settings will be back to original.

also not related , but foir those interested , here are all the Hidden code you can plkay with in setup menu , take care with last one :

0770 -> Factory reset mode (may reset player settings on exit)
0880 -> Audio test mode ( may reset player settings on exit)
0660 -> Wifi test mode ( may reset player on exit)
7896 -> dump some logs in /mnt/sda1/UDP20x_log.txt
5177 -> Open Bluray firmware menu

Is there a way to add a network folder to the "Favorites" menu?

DubbyMcDubs, No.
"Favorites" can only add container files like: mkv, and ISO.
A network folder? You mean SMB or NFS shared folder. If so, yes, folder can be added to favourites as can any supported file type. Actually, my favourites menu is full of SMB shared folders. However, any SMB/NFS folder (or share) must first be mounted via AutoScript routine (or manually via Telnet/SSH console but AutoScript is the easiest method) as explained in this thread and in the first post. Only then shared folder from your home network can be added with the "Add to favorites" function.

A network folder? You mean SMB or NFS shared folder. If so, yes, folder can be added to favourites as can any supported file type. Actually, my favourites menu is full of SMB shared folders. However, any SMB/NFS folder (or share) must first be mounted via AutoScript routine (or manually via Telnet/SSH console but AutoScript is the easiest method) as explained in this thread and in the first post. Only then shared folder from your home network can be added with the "Add to favorites" function.

That’s what I’m asking yes. Great. Is there a tutorial for that feature alone?

Please read the opening post (#1) or "AutoScripts for NFS Networked sharing documentation (Jan. 8th 2021)" section of it.

Hey Gang!

I have an Oppo 205 that I jailbroke a while ago before the this free version was released.
I see that there are some custom things that can be done with back grounds and mounting of network shares, this all very awesome.!

My question to the programmers, the 205 has a 2 channel usb audio dac, is there any way to make that a 6 channel usb audio dac? or perhaps a setting somewhere that would allow roon to stream to it through network a 6 channel, currently Roon and Raat only allow 2 channel on the oppo 205.

Also if I decided that this newer JB is something I want to install, how would I go about installing over the old, do I go back to stock or can I just install over the old?

Hey Gang!

I have an Oppo 205 that I jailbroke a while ago before the this free version was released.
I see that there are some custom things that can be done with back grounds and mounting of network shares, this all very awesome.!

My question to the programmers, the 205 has a 2 channel usb audio dac, is there any way to make that a 6 channel usb audio dac? or perhaps a setting somewhere that would allow roon to stream to it through network a 6 channel, currently Roon and Raat only allow 2 channel on the oppo 205.

Also if I decided that this newer JB is something I want to install, how would I go about installing over the old, do I go back to stock or can I just install over the old?

You really realy need to Backup your NAND first.

Which JB are you using? The paid Russian or paid Chinese version?

Read page 1, post 1:

NAND backup first.

Then, switch via AutoScript the bdpprog with AutoScript switch script. Thats how I first did it.

My Oppo-203 USA came with the latest stock firmware. Then I bought the Chinese JB that had AutoScript enabled. Then I ran the AutoScript Switch from Chinese to Russian JB. Walla! Im happy as heck!

For those who might be interested, I tested unsuccessfully:
DVR-Provider 3.0.2 Demo, and Emby with Xnoppo 2.01.

DVR-Provider 3.x was under VM Fusion 11.x with Windows 7 64-bit installed on my MacOS Mojave. It required .NET Framework and Emby 4.5.x.
DVR-Provider 3.x in test mode, is mainly in German and its help requires a video in German and a webpage in German. What a PIA. I could not configure it at all in test mode. It even crashed my MacOS.

Emby on MacOS Mojave with Xnoppo 2.01, with all my home-brew installed via Terminal and latest pip3 and Python 2.7.16, I could not get the Emby Xnoppo config.html to load up properly in Safari and in the Terminal I always got a line 1 import error. Such a poorly written english instructions over at AVPassion forums (I translated them). And for MacOS user like me, I'm not wasting days on any of these. So, devs, get your s/w up to par for the general public to use easier on MacOS please.

Update;
I actually got further in Terminal, seems I wasn't using the right python command and thus not install the right pip stuff.

python3 was the command then I could install the pip requests, web socket-client, and other things but can't figure out what new error its spitting out on server has been created in Terminal and can't figure out how to launch emby_conf.html..?
Screen Shot 2021-03-29 at 6.53.15 PM.png

Last edited:
Hey Gang!

no idea for the audio but new = old - activation
EDit : didnt saw @theaxledentaldj already answered :)

Hehe,

Xnoppo...

config the config.json via text editor..with some of my IP paths from my Oppo-203, now I get this:
Screen Shot 2021-03-29 at 7.30.57 PM.png

I don't know if Emby_conf.html will open right because of this.. too much time wasted on this.

Well well, its partially running:
Screen Shot 2021-03-29 at 7.38.04 PM.png

Under devices, and in my Oppo-203, I get an Emby Icon under Network.

Last edited:
You really realy need to Backup your NAND first.

Which JB are you using? The paid Russian or paid Chinese version?

Read page 1, post 1:

NAND backup first.

Then, switch via AutoScript the bdpprog with AutoScript switch script. Thats how I first did it.

My Oppo-203 USA came with the latest stock firmware. Then I bought the Chinese JB that had AutoScript enabled. Then I ran the AutoScript Switch from Chinese to Russian JB. Walla! Im happy as heck!
Thank you for this, to be honest I don't know which JB I have, I think it is the Chinese one, I had to open up the unit and flash it, I recently just received instructions from the vendor to upgrade it to the one that has autoscript enabled.

I will read through the thread more carefully and decide whether this is something I want to peruse
no idea for the audio but new = old - activation
EDit : didnt saw @theaxledentaldj already answered :)
Thank you for this, to be honest I don't know which JB I have, I think it is the Chinese one, I had to open up the unit and flash it, I recently just received instructions from the vendor to upgrade it to the one that has autoscript enabled, but not really sure if that tells you anything about FW origin.

I will read through the thread more carefully and decide whether this is something I want to peruse, the new backgrounds would be pretty cool but Being able to enable multi channel audio over RAAT on Roon or the usb audio input would be really cool if that is something that could be explored, not even sure if it is a possibility.

Any way it looks like I have a lot to read about, Thanks again!

Thank you for this, to be honest I don't know which JB I have, I think it is the Chinese one, I had to open up the unit and flash it, I recently just received instructions from the vendor to upgrade it to the one that has autoscript enabled.

I will read through the thread more carefully and decide whether this is something I want to peruse

Thank you for this, to be honest I don't know which JB I have, I think it is the Chinese one, I had to open up the unit and flash it, I recently just received instructions from the vendor to upgrade it to the one that has autoscript enabled, but not really sure if that tells you anything about FW origin.

I will read through the thread more carefully and decide whether this is something I want to peruse, the new backgrounds would be pretty cool but Being able to enable multi channel audio over RAAT on Roon or the usb audio input would be really cool if that is something that could be explored, not even sure if it is a possibility.

Any way it looks like I have a lot to read about, Thanks again!
All you need to look at is, in the settings menue for the firmware name and post its name here.
Then indicate which Oppo-205 model region you have (EU ?). Having AutoScript enabled is great.

If the firmware has a "RU" in it, then thats Russian, if it has "CN" in it then thats Chinese. Minus the quotes. 🤣😂

It took more than three months to replace the pictures, modify 776 pictures, need 30 times a day to reboot, and most of the results are completed, don’t ask me for the image_*.bin file

The only oppo udp-203 color GUI
The Chinese description can be ignored, just look at the picture.

It took more than three months to replace the pictures, modify 776 pictures, need 30 times a day to reboot, and most of the results are completed, don’t ask me for the image_*.bin file

The only oppo udp-203 color GUI
The Chinese description can be ignored, just look at the picture.
Very nice! Im working on the settings keyboard. Were you able to change that from blue to anything else?

Some background colors are coded and not real PNG images, such as a keyboard blue background, two black backgrounds on the top and bottom of the OSD, and a black background on the left side of the picture view... etc

Unless you can change the internal code, you don't need to change these colors

Some background colors are coded and not real PNG images, such as a keyboard blue background, two black backgrounds on the top and bottom of the OSD, and a black background on the left side of the picture view... etc

Unless you can change the internal code, you don't need to change these colors
Ok, thanks. Thats what I thought.

Confirmed bug
There has been som talk about Oppo having issues with Dolby Vision. Over at AVSForum I found this thread where a possible Oppo bug is mentioned.
Playback Aquaman, which uses HDR10 menus , and the DV is lackluster. Disable Dolby vision and playback the film with HDR10 and it’s gorgeous.

Stacey Spears mentioned that certain discs that utilized HDR10 and Dolby vision (like Aquaman) would not be able to playback correctly even after a power cycle.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom