FREE Oppo and Clones Jailbreak

theaxledentaldj

Established Member
Reaction score
FREE Oppo and Clones Jailbreak
A huge thanks to: moremodey1 and to annonymous for the RU firmware!
________________________________________________________________________________________
Oppo-203/205 Owners Only
________________________________________________________________________________________
For owners of an Oppo-203/205, its now recommended to backup the NAND before and after you do the Russian Jailbreak or a firmware update. This can help with issues from downgrading to older firmwares and then upgrading to newer firmwares.

Most popular files you'll need will now be in one folder here:

Contents:
MTKtools and Downgrade files zip
Auto_jb_ujb_bdpprog V1.1 EU
Auto_jb_ujb_bdpprog V1.1 USA
AutoScript to switch to USA Orig 65 with JB_Overlay
CP210x Universal Windows Driver
Nand Key Restore
Original Russian 65 Firmware
Original 65 Russian to Russian JB
Original Australian to Russian JB
Switch RU Firmware
unbrick Oppo-203
Backup NAND AutoScript
EU Oppo to Russian 65 Firmware
install_jailbreak_overlay
Oppo-203 JB Forum Thread
Original EU bdpprog 65-0131
Original USA 65 bdpprog
Telnet_and_nfs_smb
USA Oppo to Russian 65 Firmware
USB backup bdpprog AutoScript
Oppo203 and Closes Free JB pak
Original China with Russian JB

Credits goto (in no particular order):
moremodey01, anonymous, Thomas S, cle2000, Liwil, Delucas, NPoser, Dima Netu and if I forgot someone, I'm sorry.

Notes:
Firmwares, 20X-54-1127 does not have AutoScript feature.
Firmwares, 20X-56, 20X-60, 20X-65-0131 have AutoScript feature enabled.

Here's the AutoScript to do a NAND backup in Oppo_pak folder.

1. Download the AutoScript.TSS file.
2. Place that AutoScript.TSS file inside a folder called AutoScript in the root of the fat32, MBR, USB flash drive.
3. Plug that USB Flash drive into an available USB port on the Oppo-203/205. Bootup/Power ON with the USB Flash drive in your Oppo-203/205 to start the AutoScript process to backup the NAND. It usually takes 5 minutes, but wait atleast 30 minutes for it to copy the NAND to the flash drive and then you can remove the flash drive.
4. Check that 23 files have been written to the USB Approx 514.6MB).
5. Store these files somewhere safe. Write down the MAC Address and verify you have all the files. I would do two NAND backups.

Here's what an Oppo-203/205 NAND backup files are after I had the CN Jailbreak:
boot_1.bin
fast_init_logo.bin
fast_init_param.bin
fe_bin_1.bin
fe_bin_2.bin
fe_parameters.bin
fe_power_curve.bin
fe_test_data.bin
initrd_1.bin
kernel_1.bin
kernel_2.bin
key_block_1.bin
key_block_2.bin
log_raw.bin
mac_addr_1.bin
mac_addr_2.bin
part_info_1.bin
part_info_2.bin
rootfs_enc_it_1.bin
rootfs_normal_1.bin
set_raw.bin
ubi0.bin
upg_status.bin

Upon recent descoveries, moremode01, highly recommends doing the NAND backup. He states the reason why. Downgrading or going back to an Original stock firmware on an Oppo-203/205, can be difficult and cause issues. The Blu-ray/UHD Blu-ray keys to playback physical retail discs can be lost. Seems these keys are installed into the NAND partition that some firmwares dont have included with them.

moremodey01 says:
If you check this nand / firmware layout

You will notice that some nand partitions are not coming from the firmware but preflashed somehow (MAC, KEY and FE_xxx (fe = bluray player)).

The firmware UDP20X-45-0605 version has a different nand layout , so if you flash it with Mtktools those unique partition become random garbage and apparently prevent UHD disc reading.
You can check your MAC and im pretty sure it wont be 00:22:xxxxx but something random.
You have to downgrade to V60 (nand write blocked on v65 ) and restore those unique partition with dd from your nand backup then upgrade to v65 again and you ll be back on track.

I do recommend purchasing the Silicon Labs DSD TECH USB to TTL/Uart Serial Converter CP2102. This can come in handy of something goes wrong with a firmware update and you will need to use the MTKTool. Mine works on my Windows 10 64-Bit but had to use their latest drivers:

Jailbreak with the Russian 65 Firmware via USB Method or Automatic USB JB Method Or Auto Un-Jailbreak Method.
Liwil was kind enough to create an Automatic method that uses the remote control commands in an AutoScript. Huge thanks to Liwil! cle2000 modified the AutoScript code and tested it on our Oppo-203 EU and USA units. So, if you do the Auto Russian Jailbreak on the Oppo-203, it runs automatically. No interaction needed. The Un Jailbreak will restore your Russian Jailbroken Oppo-203 back to its Original Stock firmware automatically. No interaction needed.

If anyone is using a "Paid" Jailbreak from oppo - jb dot com, with thier China 65(Activation Required) firmware. You CAN un-jailbreak that with the Auto ujb stk bdprog and go back to Original USA stock firmware. Then use the below Auto_jb_stk_bdpprog to go to the Free RU 65 JB Firmware.

Auto_jb_ujb_bdpprog V1.1. (By Liwil)
Please do read the readme file included with the zip file. I've included
the Original 65 Stock bdpprog files, the Original 65 Firmware update files, and the Russian Jailbreak file in each zip.

Here's the USA version: (refer to top download folder)

Here's the EU version: (refer to top download folder)

Once you unzip this package, make sure to put the correct files on a USB Flash drive, for the method that you want to do below:

For the USA Un Jailbreak, the USB Flash Drive should contain:
AutoScript (Folder with two script files)
bdpprog_us
UDP20X.bin

For the USA Jailbreak, the USB Flash drive should contain:
MAIN20XCN_RU.bin
UDP20X.bin

For the EU Jailbreak, the USB Flash drive should contain:
MAIN20XCN_RU.bin
UDP20XEU.bin

For the EU Un Jailbreak, the USB Flash drive should contain:
bdpprog_eu
UDP20XEU.bin

Then have your Oppo-203 OFF. Make sure there are no other USB mass storage devices plugged into any other USB ports and then plug this USB Flash drive into one of its USB ports and then Power ON your Oppo-203. You should soon see the automation process start and when its completed, the BD-ROM drive trey opens.

Here's the original manual USB Method
Here's how it works. For those who have an Oppo UDP-203 USA model and thanks goes to Thomas Szucs for this, you can switch out the MAIN20X.bin and use moremodey1 MAIN20X_RU.bin to do one simple firmware update process. If you have a Euro Model UDP-205 for example, you would obtain the EU Official Oppo 65-0131 firmware, and rename some of the expected files, like MAIN20X_RU.bin to MAIN20XEU.bin and change the p.sh autoscript to take that file name and it will copy it into the Oppo Nand for the firmware update process. With this AutoScript trick of using the Russian Jailbreak firmware to do the firmware update, you no longer need to use the Mtktool and TTL-USB device. Nor open up your Oppo-203/205.

I've have done the file switching and renaming already in the below folder.
Make sure to choose the correct package for your Region/model Oppo-203/205. Each package uses the Russian Jailbroken firmware 65-0131.

Oppo-203 Models Folder USA, EU, China, Australian, Japan, and Taiwan:
(refer to top download folder)

moremodey1 has made the firmware Never needing to be Activated. It IS already fully activated and Jailbroken.

IMPORTANT:
The player will not work properly at all unless a FULL FACTORY RESET is done after the update. Please make sure you do carry out this procedure after updating firmware on your OPPO player. (You can backup your settings to a blank USB stick before you do a factory reset to retain your customised settings and then use the restore option after you have performed a factory reset - backup/restore option is on the setup -> device menu on the player).

Instructions:
1. Un-zip the archive package you downloaded for your region specific Oppo-203/205 unit onto a FAT32 formatted USB stick. Inside the archive should be one folder, AutoScript with two files in that folder, and in the root of the USB stick will be the MAIN20X.bin and UDP20X.bin files like the USA one below:

AutoScript
AutoScript.TSS
p.sh

MAIN20X.bin
UDP20X.bin

2. ensure Oppo is on the LATEST genuine Oppo fw xxxxx-65-0131

3. power on Oppo, then plug in USB stick (if USB stick is recognized correctly) the disc tray will open, this indicates the start of a 50 secs time window the autoscript has given itself to copy the RU JB fw into the Oppo Nand.

4. while the tray is open, within the 50s time window, go to menu > settings > device > update fw > via USB and initiate the fw update procedure

5. Oppo will check existing fw and find that it is the same version - it will ask if you want to re-install this fw - do NOT press that button yet - wait until the 50s time window expires and the disc tray closes automatically (this ensures enough time has passed for the RU JB fw to be copied into the Nand), then click the "Yes, re-install" button.

6. The unit will update the fw and reboot

7. after reboot, language should still be in EN (or whatever your language was), check that the fw is the Russian JB fw - it will have RU in fw name.

8. factory reset the unit - this will put the default OSD language to Russian.

9. since the OSD is now Russian, when unit has rebooted, press the SETTINGS button on the remote, click on 1st main settings section, then 4th sub section, then change language to EN, reboot device.

10. OSD should be EN now, and you can now configure all other settings including the three other language options on the same sub menu.

Thanks Thomas S for let me know what this trick was doing.

How to fix BD-ROM Disc Error from a bad NAND

You'll need your original NAND backup files, the AutoScript to restore NAND, Original 45 Firmware, Original 60 Firmware, and Original 65 Firmware. You can NOT use another Oppo-203/205/Cambridge Audio NAND dump to fix the BD-ROM issue to play retail Blu-ray and UHD Blu-ray Discs! If you do not have a NAND backed up, only Oppo-Digital can fix retail Blu-ray Disc Payback.
  1. Use the Firmware downgrade instructions in this page 1 post 1 below to downgrade to the Original 45 Firmware on the Oppo-203 with the MTKtool.
  2. Once on the Original 45 Firmware, go into the normal Oppos Settings Menu, and its Firmware Update option to update the firmware via USB, to the Original 60 Firmware only.
  3. Place your original backed up 7 NAND files into the restore_nand folder.
Below are the files you should place in the restore_nand folder:
fe_power_curve.bin
fe_parameters.bin
key_block_2.bin
key_block_1.bin
mac_addr_2.bin
mac_addr_1.bin
fe_test_data.bin

Download this NAND Key FE Restore folder with the AutoScript to restore the 7 NAND files here: (refer to top download folder)

4. Put the AutoScript folder with its AutoScript.TSS file and the restore_nand folder onto a USB Flash drive thats formatted to Fat32. Make sure to put those above bin files inside the restore_nand folder as well.

5. Power off the Oppo and plug that Flash drive into one of its USB ports and then power your Oppo back on. Wait about 30 minutes to be sure its done. The BD-ROM drive trey will open. Then remove the flash drive, close the BD-ROM trey and power OFF the Oppo.

6. Power on your Oppo and test some Blu-ray discs. You should now be able to play retail Blu-ray and 4K UHD Blu-ray Discs now.

7. Then you can do the final update to the Original 65 Firmware.

8. After updating to the Original 65 Firmware and tested working Blu-ray discs, backup your NAND again. Then you can run the Russian Jailbreak via USB Method.
(Thanks to Matt B for testing this)

How to revert back to the Original Stock Firmware

I would use the above Auto Un-Jailbreak Method to go back to Original Stock Firmware.

But if you cant, I've documented below one method I used:

After a weeks using MTKtool on my MacOS 11.4 via Bootcamp on Windows 10 64-bit, I understood how the process is done with MTKtool.

The following instructions are for a USA Region Oppo-203. It maybe possible to change regions once on Original 45 Firmware. You just may have to use the other regions original 45 firmware to do it. Have the Oppo-203 (USA region) OFF but connected via the Uart TTL to USB to your Windows compatible PC USB port. You should only work with the front USB port of the Oppo-203/205 and the flash drive you use must have a folder structor of UPG folder in it with the MAIN20XCN.bin file in that UPG folder for the MTKTool to recognize it. Then launch MTKtool application.

1. Select the downgrade.bin file in MTKtool, and hit the Upgrade button and then quickly power ON the Oppo. Wait about a 30 seconds for the red progress bar for downgrade to go 100% and then the purple progress bar to go 100%, then its complete. Its now in downgrade mode. Then you can turn OFF the Oppo via the remote.

2. You'll need to have a FAT32 formatted USB 2.0 Flash drive with the Original 45 firmware bin files unpacked and all files renamed with CN in there so the MTKtool will find them. This flash drive can be plugged into the front USB port of the Oppo. I would think you could use other Oppo-203 Regions (Austrailia, Taiwan..) firmwares with this method.
I've already renamed the Original USA 45 firmware files here: (refer to top download folder)

3. In the MTKtool, select the Log/Note button. Now, in the empty bar, put the mouse cursor there and hold down your Enter key and turn ON the Oppo via the remote.

The log window will show:
#my8581_base #
#my8581_base #
#my8581_base #
#my8581_base #

several times and stop because you held down the Enter key which will interrupt the boot loader sequence of the Oppo-203.

Then, ONLY type 'upg' in that empty bar (NOT 'upg usb be all') and hit the Send button. This will install the USA 45 firmware, but once its complete it will not go to the Home menu, it will stay at "HELLO" on the VFD display.

4. Power OFF the Oppo via the remote, and in MTKtool, back at its first startup page UI, browse to the upgrade.bin file and select that and hit the UPGRADE button and quickly Power ON the Oppo via the remote. You'll get the same red and purple progress bars until 100% complete. Its now in Upgrade mode. Power OFF the Oppo via the remote, when fully OFF, then turn it back ON and now the Oppo will boot up normally to its home screen where you can go into the Settings and see your on the Official UDP20X-45-065 firmware!!

5. Time to do the firmware upgrades, one step firmware at a time is what I did. I was at Original 45, then updated to Original 60, then updated to Original 65 firmware. Just use the normal USB firmware update menu from within Settings menu to update to the Original 60 firmware. Then once that is done, you can go back into the Settings menu and do the update to the Original 65 firmware.
_________________________________________________________________________________

How to copy the Original Firmware bdpprog file
_________________________________________________________________________________
User cle2000 suggested on backing up his Original EU (Oppo-203) firmware bdpprog.

"He wanted to revert back from the Original EU firmware from his RU Jailbreak firmware, so he made a custom AutoScript module to use the Original EU bdpprog (instead of the RU JB one) and then was able to use the standard USB Firmware Upgrade process in the Oppo Settings menu to re-install his Original EU Firmware.

So, I created one myself and tested it on my Oppo-203 (USA) that has the RU JB on it and I was able to backup the bdpprog file. Even though its the Russian Jailbroken bdpprog file. So, this should work on those who have not Jailbroken their Oppo-203/205 units and could not Telnet in to manually copy that bdpprog file. I know, I tried to Telnet into my 2nd new Oppo-203 and I just could not Telnet to manually get the original bdpprog file before Jailbreaking it.

Download here:
(refer to top download folder)

Once it has copied the file over to a USB Flash drive, the Oppo's BD-ROM drive will Open. Just close it and look at that USB attached Flash drive for a file called: bdpprog

Ive tested my USA Original 65 bdpprog by switching it out with cle2000 AutoScript Overlay and it worked! I then used the JB_Overlay AutoScript to switch back to RU JB bdpprog.

Here's the USA Original 65 bdpprog file:(refer to top download folder)

Advanced Jailbreak Add-on Section:
The jb_overlay V1 is an optional advanced install that offers more functionality for the Russian Jailbreak firmware.

Moremodey01 jb_overlay Version 1:
Hi i was thinking a bit how to add a few more features to the firmware and had in mind 2 main issues.

* While there is still like 80M of space in the firmware that could be used , re-flashing with Mtktool is not really friendly , especially because several Oppo 203/205 users have installed the Jailbreak with the USB method from the Update firmware option in the Settings menu
*Adding feature in another way should not soft brick the firmware.

Finally I came with the solution of creating a small framework that is installed as an overlay of the jailbreak firmware on the writable ubi partition.

The first version can be found here : (refer to top download folder)

The installation is done with Autoscript :
  • Remove any other autoscript on the flash drive
  • Copy the Autoscript folder
  • power off the unit
  • Plug the flash drive
* Power ON and do not touch until the Disc Open/BD-ROM Drive or a logo is displayed (or at least 2 minutes has passed :) )

Once done the overlay is installed in the folder /mnt/ubi_boot/jb_overlay and on next reboot it will take control of execution.

Configuration : there is a minimal configuration that can be done by editing the file /mnt/ubi_boot/jb_overlay/config.ini, check below:

There are also minimal logs for each boot in /tmp/jb_overlay.log

Features :

Once installed, here are the new feature for this first version :

* Antibrick : On boot the init script will wait 3 seconds to detect if the eject key has been pressed on the remote , if yes it will permanently disable the overlay. To reactivate, one need to connect through telnet with Autoscript and type this command :
touch /mnt/ubi_boot/.nobrick

* root password : it is possible to configure the root password (default : oppo) by editing the line ROOT_PWD= in the config.ini

*telnet : it is possible to launch telnet without Autoscript by having USE_TELNET=1 (default) in the config.ini

* ssh : i added a ssh and sftp server that is started automatically if the line USE_SSH=1 (default) is in the config.ini. It is then possible to connect with ssh or upload/download file with scp , filezilla ...

* os commands : when connected over ssh most os commands are being called from the overlay (busybox), so lsof , mount , df , ... works now properly for eventual scripting

* rclone : i have received pms that some people are scamming end users by selling them the firmware with rclone integrated on telegram. rclone is free and i have added it as requested. I did not compiled it myself but used the armv7 version from their website. Please note that default path is not writable for storing configuration so one should always use it with a flag like --config /mnt/usb_boot/jb_overlay/etc/rclone.config. a good start is to do
rclone --config /mnt/usb_boot/jb_overlay/etc/rclone.config config

* autostart: it is now possible to start commands without Autoscript by adding them to /mnt/ubi_boot/jb_overlay/autostart.sh. however there are 2 limitations :
  • the network is apparently configured by the player app and not by the os
  • the nfs/ smb mounts will be visible in the gui only if done on a usb mounted device in /mnt/sda1 (tried loop with vfat image without success :( ), if you know how to refresh please tell me.
For those reasons there are 2 parameters AUTOSTART_WAIT_NETWORK and AUTOSTART_WAIT_USB in the config.ini that if set to 1 (default) will wait for those before launching the autostart script.

* Finally the overlay will try to boot the file /mnt/ubi_boot/jb_overlay/bdp/bdpprog if present , if not it will launch the original firmware version. Would be nice if somebody can adapt the switch RU Autoscripts and such for this.

Additional Information Section:

By Thomas S.Orginal firmwareJailbreak firmware
Original firmware functionsYESYES
BDMV (2D & 3D)NOYES
AVCHD Network playNOYES
BD-ISONOYES
DVD ISONOYES
DVD-Audio ISONOYES
SACD-RNOYES
Region free playback BD & DVDNOYES
Cinavia removedNOYES
SACD ISONOYES

Notes about the Russian Jailbroken Firmware:
1. Includes AutoScript
2. Never needs Activation
3. All home screen wallpapers are original Oppo UDP-203.
4. Includes Jailbreak features:
BDMV and BD ISO playback locally and from network shares.
5. SACD ISO Playback
6. DVD-Audio Playback
7. Dolby Vision
8. Cinavia Removed
9. Region Free
10. SACD-R Playback

For changing Blu-ray region you need to switch Disc Menu Language only to:

BD-zone "A" - Setup-Playback Setup-Language-Disc Menu Language-English

BD-zone "B" - Setup-Playback Setup-Language-Disc Menu Language-French

BD-zone "C" - Setup-Playback Setup-Language-Disc Menu Language-Other-8285 (Russian)

As is, use at your own risk. I take no responsibility for bricking your device.

Again thank you moremodey1 for all the work you put into this.

Hidden Codes/Secret Modes
Hidden code you can play with in setup menu (take care with last one):

0770 -> Factory reset mode (may reset player settings on exit)
0880 -> Audio test mode ( may reset player settings on exit)
0660 -> Wifi test mode ( may reset player on exit)
7896 -> dump some logs in /mnt/sda1/UDP20x_log.txt
5177 -> Open Bluray firmware menu

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Miscellaneous
______________________________________________________________________________________
A user who owns an Oppo-203(EU) model has an internal multi-region switch mod-chip and used my USA to Russian JB and was successful.

The Oppo-203/205/Clones only work with SMBv1 (insecure protocol/legacy) and NFS shares. If using a Synology with DSM 6.x and you upgrade to DSM 7, it will break SMBv1. Synology fix:
I lost access to shared folders via SMB after updating to DSM 7. What can I do? - Synology Knowledge Center

Windows 10 Pro and SMBv1 may or may not require to Turn On media streaming DLNA and UPNP with SMBv1 (with no log in credentials).

WinNFSd.exe (free) for NFS shares on Windows 10/Pro, you may need to allow it via MS Defender and reboot or double click on the nfs.bat file to launch it. Also, run that nfs.bat as administrator.

DVDFab 12.x still has the Dolby Vision fast forward and rewind bug. I do not recommend using DVDFab 12.x to remux Blu-ray and UHD Blu-rays. I suggest CloneBD by Elaborate Bytes and the free open source tsMuxer 2.x by justdan96 on GitHub. Its MacOS (arm built) and UDF Oppo-203/205 compliant.

Unofficial Oppo UDP-203 FAQ:
Unofficial OPPO UDP-203 Frequently Asked Questions

Oppo Clones Free JB OPPO65-0131_Noactivation-needed RU_CN_V1.0 Section
If your Clone Oppo-203/M9203 is on a CN Firmware you can just re-install the official CN 65 firmware to get Autoscript and then do the original manual USB method to put on the Free RU 65 JB firmware. Just make sure to match its region with the official stock firmware. Like RU for Free 65 Russian JB firmware. The M9203 does not have a Uart-TTL/Upgrade port.

Those with the early generation Oppo Clones (M9702v3) that have the Upgrade port can use the MTKTool.

When using the MTKtool, make sure you use a USB 2.0 (cheap) Flash Drive with your M9702 or Clones. If you use a USB 3.0 Flash drive, it may fail to read the MAIN20XCN.bin/MAIN20XRU.bin and fail to read the USB drive which results in a FW Fail! Also, make sure its Basic, MBR, FAT32 formated.

This is a FREE jailbreak firmware that does'nt require any activation for Oppo 203 Clones like the M9702 (any version).

download here: (refer to top download folder)

To install the CN version :
###############

* Rename the file UPG/MAIN20XCN_CN.bin to UPG/MAIN20XCN.bin
* follow the mtktool procedure in the doc file "HOW TO INSTALL FIRMWARE.docx"

To install the RU version :
###############

* Rename the file UPG/MAIN20XCN_RU.bin to UPG/MAIN20XCN.bin
* follow the mtktool procedure in the doc file "HOW TO INSTALL FIRMWARE.docx"

The RU seems to be identical to the CN version but allow to change wallpapers.

It is also possible to switch from RU to CN or CN to RU without reflashing by using the provided AutoScript modules

AutoScript Modules :
############

A bunch of AutoScript modules are provided in the AutoScript_Modules folder
To use them copy all the files from a specific module in the [flash drive]/AutoScript folder (With capital S)
For the scripts that install something, It is not mandatory but recommended to
power off , plug the flash drive , power on, wait until the disc icon is triggered then power off and remove the flash drive .

Backup_nand
* Allows to backup the nand on the flash drive

Deploy_busybox
* Deploy some devs tools, not needed for most peeps

Install_custom_wallpaper
* Install custom wallpapers for RU firmware,
* First edit the wallpaper in the pic folder with same size (1080p)..

Remove_Second_Firmware
* Remove a second player installed

Restore_original_wallpaper
* Remove any custom wallpaper for RU firmware

Switch_CN_Firmware
* Switch RU player to CN

Switch_RU_Firmware
* Switch CN player to RU

Telnet_and_nfs_smb
* Main script that most people use
* Enable Telnet and mount nfs/smb partitions on boot

Last edited:
TL;DR :
  • Install base firmware through USB (oppo) or mtktool (clones) method
  • Install overlay with AutoScript
  • configure config.ini if needed

Quick list of all files :

Last edited:
Hey guys, thanks for your work and info!
I have got my Oppo 203 today, i have the 20XEU-65-0131 firmware on it. I would like to put the russian jailbroken firmware.

I need the EU version right? Do i need to change something with Autoscript or im good to go just with following the instructions from below:

1. Put files from your region specific .zip on FAT32 formatted USB stick

2. ensure Oppo is on the LATEST genuine Oppo fw xxxxx-65-0131

3. power on Oppo, then plug in USB stick (if USB stick is recognized correctly) the disc tray will open, this indicates the start of a 50 secs time window the autoscript has given itself to copy the RU JB fw into the Oppo Nand.

4. while the tray is open, within the 50s time window, go to menu > settings > device > update fw > via USB and initiate the fw update procedure

5. Oppo will check existing fw and find that it is the same version - it will ask if you want to re-install this fw - do NOT press that button yet - wait until the 50s time window expires and the disc tray closes automatically (this ensures enough time has passed for the RU JB fw to be copied into the Nand), then click the "Yes, re-install" button.

6. The unit will update the fw and reboot

Thanks for helping out!

IMG_20201215_192030.jpg

OK so no renaming the file? i will download the pack tonight!

I seen that if i hook up a HDD to the player i can playback full BDMV directories with Dolby Vision with the official firmware. I didnt knew this is possible, i thought that just the jailbroken firmware does this but i suppose the JB FW ads this feature to be able to playback from the network plus ISO playback?

Tuco, Stock Original firmware, if you make all BDMV folders have AVCH and blessed with a special windows App will run from a HDD. Jailbreak, bypasses the need to do that and a whole bunch of other features are available. Jailbreaking is where its at and theres cool stuff coming.

OK so no renaming the file? i will download the pack tonight!

I seen that if i hook up a HDD to the player i can playback full BDMV directories with Dolby Vision with the official firmware. I didnt knew this is possible, i thought that just the jailbroken firmware does this but i suppose the JB FW ads this feature to be able to playback from the network plus ISO playback?
you ll be hitting cinavia in most case anyway

Hey guys, i went to the russian firmware from the EU firmware. I want to revert back to the 20XEU-65-0131.

I had an M9702 and i had problems with the quality of the HDR 10 materials with some less bright scenes and i thought the device was the culprit. I bought an original Oppo and the playback of HDR 10 movies was flaweles but today i installed the russian fw and have the same problems.

Another thing is that the Oppo with original EU fw when playing an mkw with TrueHD Atmos the TV showed Atmos, now it dosemt show me!

Please help me out revert somehow!

Hey guys, i went to the russian firmware from the EU firmware. I want to revert back to the 20XEU-65-0131.

I had an M9702 and i had problems with the quality of the HDR 10 materials with some less bright scenes and i thought the device was the culprit. I bought an original Oppo and the playback of HDR 10 movies was flaweles but today i installed the russian fw and have the same problems.

Another thing is that the Oppo with original EU fw when playing an mkw with TrueHD Atmos the TV showed Atmos, now it dosemt show me!

Please help me out revert somehow!

@theaxledentaldj has a custom method through usb afaik, also ask eventually @liwil or thomas on the other thread , they did that back and for.

Once you are back on the EU firmware can you dump the nand and share it with me/us in pm ? it mean there is an Atmos fix at least on the EU firmware. I can assist you in pm todo that it is not difficult.

Yes i wil dump the nand with instructions cause i dont know how, i want to revert first, im afraid im stuck with this fw. There is a package, original russian to original eu firmware. I installed that and removed the JB russian firmeare cause now it doesn't play full bdmv menu from the network but the info doesn't say im on eu fw, still shows a RU fw.

There is a known Atmos problems on this firmwares?

I think you guys might have mis-understood.
Oppo 203/205 firmware has a MKV bug that Oppo will never fix. Its the DolbyTrueHD track bug in MKV containers. What happensvis DolbyTrueHD wont play unless you switch to a 2nd Dolby Digitalnor DTS tracks and then switch back to DolbyTrueHD.

Reverting back firmwares maybe tricky. I recently tried to go from Russian to Original and first attempt didnt work so i just wanted to make sure I was on Russian JB and did it a 3rd time by manually making a Russusn to Russian package.

Last edited:
Yeah, that bug of mkw playing without sound atmos TrueHD was present in the original Oppo firmware and switching to another track and back had the sound playing but thats not my problems.

Problem with the JB firmware i think i hasmto do with tone mapping, the original firmware played mkw files like they should! The jb firmware hage some problems with some scenes where the picture is less bright, turning the tone mapping on my B9 make tye scenes brighter like they should look but then another scenes are darker without highlights iluminance and those are played fine when the TV tone mapping option is turned back on!
The original firmware didnt had this problems and played all mkv like they should!

Also with the original firmware playing mkv files with TrueHD Atmos gave me the atmos logo on the TV, not its not!

I bought the original Oppo cause i thoughts the M9702 have some hardware issues and that why its playing mkv with less bright scenes but its the software cause now my Oppo 203 does the same thing and the playback it was flaweles prior to jb!

Please someone help me out to install the original EU firmware back!

Tuco, thanks for the explanation.

Maybe moremodey01 can look into the tonemalping issue between the Russian JB firmware and the Original EU firmware.

As for going back to original EU firmware, try again the Original Russian to Original EU.zip. If that doesnt work, then maybe i built it wrong and or its AutoScript is incorrect.

Thanks for the fast reply! I tried it again but looks like im still on the RU firmware. Arent the files miss named in the package perhaps? Shouldn't be the UDP20XRU.bin named XEU and the MAIN20XEU to be XRU? I downloaded the original EU FW from Oppodigital.co.uk web site and the file size is the same as the file in the package named UDP20XRU.

Tuco, try manually build the package then.

The current RU firmware is looking for a Russian firmware to do the update over the current same installed firmware. The AutoScript runs the ps.sh script that looks for the MAIN20XEU.bin file and copies that into the Nand. So, take the original EU firmware bin file, unpack it, take its MAIN20XEU.bin file and use that in place from whats in the .zip pack i made. maybe I got my files mixed up.

I hope that works.

The current RU firmware is looking for a Russian firmware to do the update over the current same installed firmware. The AutoScript runs the ps.sh script that looks for the MAIN20XEU.bin file and copies that into the Nand. So, take the original EU firmware bin file, unpack it, take its MAIN20XEU.bin file and use that in place from whats in the .zip pack i made. maybe I got my files mixed up.

I hope that works.
Thanks for the fast reply! I tried it again but looks like im still on the RU firmware. Arent the files miss named in the package perhaps? Shouldn't be the UDP20XRU.bin named XEU and the MAIN20XEU to be XRU? I downloaded the original EU FW from Oppodigital.co.uk web site and the file size is the same as the file in the package named UDP20XRU.
i think liwil and thomas where going back to original with the original iso from oppo even on m9703 , just wait for their answer to confirm , i dont have oppo

i think liwil and thomas where going back to original with the original iso from oppo even on m9703 , just wait for their answer to confirm , i dont have oppo
I don’t think we had any succes. Only thing I can think of is also to copy the .sig file in the script.
According to German Forum there is an USB only solution to go back.

Once you are back on the EU firmware can you dump the nand and share it with me/us in pm ? it mean there is an Atmos fix at least on the EU firmware.
I did a nand dump before I installed any jailbreak on my 205EU. Can you use that?

Yes i wil dump the nand with instructions cause i dont know how, i want to revert first, im afraid im stuck with this fw. There is a package, original russian to original eu firmware. I installed that and removed the JB russian firmeare cause now it doesn't play full bdmv menu from the network but the info doesn't say im on eu fw, still shows a RU fw.

There is a known Atmos problems on this firmwares?
which movie and scene btw ? i always felt that hdr10 tm is wrong too for me but im by far no expert. DV on the other end feel perfect.

Also which movie to test the atmos on/off bug ?

I hope that works.
Thanks a lot for trying to help out. In the zip file with the original EU firmware taken from the oppodigital.uk website there were no MAIN20XEU file just the UDP20XEU.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom