Free on-demand players on Virgin Big Easy bundle?

danmusefan

Novice Member
Reaction score
Some friends of mine has recently moved house and subscribed to the Virgin Media Big Easy bundle. They were under the impression that they would get all the free-to-air catch-up/on-demand services, namely BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, All4 and Demand 5. However, the only of those apps their TiVo box has is iPlayer. Therefore I'm wondering if they entitled to have access to the other on-demand services I've mentioned on the Big Easy bundle or not? If so I'll suggest they give Virgin a call.
Many thanks.

As far as I can recollect, there are no on demand services provided in association with the M TV package which is the TV package included with the Big Easy Bundle. You just get the basic catchup services associated with the channels you have access to such as iPlayer, ITV Player, Demand 5 and Ch4 All 4 if they provided such a service. You'll not get access to series and box sets etc in association with channels unless you have the M+ package or higher.

• TV M+ - offers 1500 hours of on demand TV from Sky On Demand, Sky 1, Sky News, Sky Living, Sky Arts, BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 4OD, and Discovery Channel
  • TV L - offers 1700 hours from all the above plus MTV, E!, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, and Boomerang
  • TV XL - offers 2200 hours of on demand TV, including everything in TV L plus FOX, Sky 1 HD, Sky Living HD, and Sky Arts 1 HD.

With iPlayer you have to access by calling up the app because of the way the BBC licence it, but the other catchup services can simply be invoked by skipping back via the EPG to the content you want to view and then selecting it for playback. Content available for playback via catchup is denoted by a lower case letter c with an arrow encircling it by the side of the content in question. The BBC is the only channel that needs you to actually launch an app to facilitate their associated catchup service.

Last edited:
That is a very informative answer, thank you so much! Just so I'm clear then, we're saying that the All4 boxed sets will not be available on Virgin's basic M TV package, even though All4 is free-to-air?

The All 4 app isn't available to VM customers via the TiVo, but if you go into the menu/On Demand then there's no services listed for the M package. The M+ is the lowest package to include On Demand services.

I use my SMART TV anyway for accessing IP catchup services such as All 4 or iPlayer.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom