Free Microsoft Software (Legal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is, and I've just signed up.

It's a trial thing apparently until September. However, I'll be filling my boots with software from it until then. Just about every MS OS released, office blah blah.

Rob

hmmm this seems very interesting.

Rob, can you start to download straight away?

Wow, great stuff, thanks for the heads up. Now subscribed and registered :)

Yep working perfectly,

There are sometimes issues getting the keys but I'm guessing that there's a lot of people doing the same thing so it's just the servers struggling under the work.

I haven't tried downloading anything in full yet, I'm at work but I shall be err filling my boots when I get home :) I have though started a couple of downloads of just to see what happens.

Oh and one other interesting thing guys. Windows 7 will be released to manufactorers at the end of July and it will show up on Technet then meaning you'll get it for free :)

Rob

hmmm this seems very interesting.

Rob, can you start to download straight away?

Yes you can download straightaway after you've activated your registeration as described on the link I posted in post #1.

I've downloaded XP Pro inc. Service Pack 3, and Vista Ultimate inc. Service Pack 2.

Both downloads are .iso images that'll just burn to disc.

Got a key for XP, but site errors when trying to get a Vista key, will try again later.

It kinda seems too good to be true....and you all know how that saying ends...?

Are these then yours to keep and use for ever or will they run out??

Pretty sure they are only evaluations edition, so are the Product Keys. Still worth having though :smashin:

Actually, I think they're actually full versions, without time limits.

"Get Microsoft downloads and updates for Microsoft products and, with Technet Plus, get unlimited download access to full version software with no time limits." - Microsoft TechNet Downloads

Full versions which never run out.

The only caveat is that you cannot use them in as production environment as in a office, or place of work.

Rob

Are these then yours to keep and use for ever or will they run out??

how do you sign up to this?
what is the B A N?

Showed it our IT guy at work who is also a paid up technet subscriber. He went through it all, in his opinion they are not time bound evaluations. The downloads have to be finished before the september deadline, but the keys will be lifetime keys.

Regarding the comments on evaluation / trial, in theory all technet offerings are evaluation versions, at least from a legal standpoint, as said by Rob, the caveat is that they are not used in a production environment.

From a legal standpoint, these are full versions of the software available with valid keys :)

So you think about maybe 4 free operating systems, WinXP, Vista 32 and 64 bit, possibly more if you want to use MS Home server :) Then consider the other MS products, office etc... (I don't know if XP is available by the way, haven't looked yet).

FYI. This isn't meant to be public. Only those who had signed up with 3 special feedback programs were meant to have access to this. Instead some idiot thought it would be a great idea to leak the URLs. Don't be surprised if you find your "free" TechNet accounts are disabled sometime in the future :)

FYI. This isn't meant to be public. Only those who had signed up with 3 special feedback programs were meant to have access to this. Instead some idiot thought it would be a great idea to leak the URLs. Don't be surprised if you find your "free" TechNet accounts are disabled sometime in the future :)

Source of this information?

Source of this information?

The fact its been pulled and most people who signed up to it have been removed from it including me should tell you something lol

It was a prize for filling out a survey. Someone leaked it. They closed it.

Not before i got a barrel load of keys though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom