Free Hugs !

id love a free hug

Due to the uptight, homophobic, xenophobic, jaded cynical, bitter and twisted outlook on life that a substantial number of the population have, I could see such a campaign leading to a considerable amount of violence.

I personally could really do with a free hug, considering all the ***** I have in my life at the moment (as long as the hugger me all the specific small print criteria of the huggee) ;) IE no one with fleas, cold sores, or covered in sick etc.

unfortunately that is the downside to the hug me thing, it was going around schools in england last year i think, but teachers were banning it because they were afraid some kids wouldnt like being hugged at random for various reasons, could be general insecurity, could be they thought they were going to get happy slapped instead, could be on religious grounds etc.....

personally i wouldnt have a problem with a random hug, i'm not 'phobic' or 'ist' of anyone, but then i'm fairly outgoing and enjoy life when i can.....i never have a problem striking up a convo with a random person in a bar, shop, bus queue etc.......but knowing how some people wouldnt like it i wouldnt just hug someone at random.......certainly not given my gender, persuasion, size and build etc...lol...i think i'd end up in the nick pretty quick...heh

i'm fairly outgoing and enjoy life when i can.....i never have a problem striking up a convo with a random person in a bar, shop, bus queue etc.......but knowing how some people wouldnt like it i wouldnt just hug someone at random.......certainly not given my gender, persuasion, size and build etc...lol...i think i'd end up in the nick pretty quick...heh

I think the abilty to strike a conversation with any stranger and be pleasant is a considerable asset to have -never mind higging them. My N D neighboiur is like that always chatting with a smile on his face to all and sundry. Wish i had his demenour. Some people (especially young women) are alarmed by him presumably thinking him odd or a "dirty old man" but he isnt. Far from it.

I'm sure a lot of you have already seen the video on youtube but just in case you aint - Free Hugs - pretty inspriational :)

And the Free Hugs campaign has made it to Cambridge - I got one yesterday :clap:

I'd forgotten about that clip......very inspirational.

Wouldn't the world be a better place if everybody had that guys love for his fellow man. It sort of brings home what John lennon was all about, which I didn't get at the time.

I think the abilty to strike a conversation with any stranger and be pleasant is a considerable asset to have -never mind higging them. My N D neighboiur is like that always chatting with a smile on his face to all and sundry. Wish i had his demenour. Some people (especially young women) are alarmed by him presumably thinking him odd or a "dirty old man" but he isnt. Far from it.

its not such a considerable asset to have when your with a girlfriend and happily chatting to a girl behind the counter in a shop...for some reason the girlfriend gets very annoyed :confused:

why the confused smilie? she's forgotten how i met her in the first place :rotfl:

its not such a considerable asset to have when your with a girlfriend and happily chatting to a girl behind the counter in a shop...for some reason the girlfriend gets very annoyed :confused:

why the confused smilie? she's forgotten how i met her in the first place :rotfl:

she should be pleased she is with someone so obviously gregarious. No point in being jealous

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom