Free HD-E1 when buying Matrix Trilogy*

dino2021

FREE TOSHIBA HD DVD PLAYER WHEN BUYING MATRIX TRILOGY OXFORD CIRCUS FIRST 150 PEOPLE!

Saw this offer 3/4 of the way down on HMV page. I cant make it as dont live nearby and dont want to camp out overnight. If someone alse fancies getting me one though... LOL.

Warner Bros are celebrating the launch of The Matrix Trilogy on HD DVD at HMV with a great initial offer. The first 150 customers who purchase The Matrix Trilogy on HD DVD will receive a Toshiba HD-E1 DVD player worth 250 pounds absolutely FREE!

Monday 10 September - 8.00am - HMV, 150 Oxford Street*

Also at the event will be giveaways including exclusive Matrix merchandise and demonstrations of the stunning HD interactive features and some very special guests.

*Only one Toshiba HD-E1 DVD player per person, in person only, while stocks last, subject to availability, at participating store only.
Taken from hot deals website any one going camping? :)

dino2021

Well only 50 turned up to buy a ps3 when it launched so you might not even have to go camping, just show up at 5am or 6am :) but don't take my word for it, my advice might meen you miss the last one :)

They are selling Matrix for £58.99. £10 under RRP

PAH

Novice Member
It doesn't say if they'll be charging normal prices for the Matrix trilogy. Wouldn't be suprised if they say yep the HD-E1's free but the trilogy'll cost you 300 notes. :rotfl:

dino2021

It doesn't say if they'll be charging normal prices for the Matrix trilogy. Wouldn't be suprised if they say yep the HD-E1's free but the trilogy'll cost you 300 notes. :rotfl:
See above. £58.99 , £10 under RRP :rotfl: all the way to the bank

BrutalDeluxe

Standard Member
Well only 50 turned up to buy a ps3 when it launched so you might not even have to go camping, just show up at 5am or 6am :) but don't take my word for it, my advice might meen you miss the last one :)

They are selling Matrix for £58.99. £10 under RRP
Yes, but they didn't advertise they would be giving away £2000 Bravias to the first 100 customers BEFORE they camped out, otherwise there would have been a lot more. There'll probably be 150 people camped out for this offer and no more, I expect to see a fair few HD-E1's on ebay over the next few days! ;)

bishman

Any idea if the UK HD release will contain the cut version of the Matrix?
Looks like there was a version that the BBFC passed uncut on 2nd May '06. This was submitted by Warner Home Video:
http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Class...05ce0b4d6612756980257162005ee1a1?OpenDocument

Mind you, it might have been the cut version of the movie that was submitted for the video release.

In short, I don't know if the UK one will be cut. :rotfl:

Luckily I have the US one already and considering that HDDVD is region free, why not get the US version too and avoid any of the bother about cuts? You can get the Ultimate Edition from Movietyme for £48.99. :thumbsup:

Obviously that doesn't come with a free player though.

thej

Looks like there was a version that the BBFC passed uncut on 2nd May '06. This was submitted by Warner Home Video:
http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Class...05ce0b4d6612756980257162005ee1a1?OpenDocument

Mind you, it might have been the cut version of the movie that was submitted for the video release.

In short, I don't know if the UK one will be cut. :rotfl:

Luckily I have the US one already and considering that HDDVD is region free, why not get the US version too and avoid any of the bother about cuts? You can get the Ultimate Edition from Movietyme for £48.99. :thumbsup:

Obviously that doesn't come with a free player though.
Yeah, I ususally buy from Movietyme, though was holding off till the Blu-Ray editions were released (as I have the HD add on, I would have better sound through the PS3) so it's only really the free player that is swinging it. Though it doesn't do 1080p of course.
Am I being just a bit too picky for a free player? ;)

bosque

Novice Member
I'm surprised they don't say worth £450, which is what some of us paid back in December 06. £250 is more of a sale price.

BarryDonUK

Novice Member
On the flyer it's say's it Matrix will be £69.99, so looks like they are charging full retail price - don't mind if you get a free HD-DVD player.

Anyone going to this? Maybe we could meet up! I'm working til 4am and can get there for about 5am, which has usually been a good time for me in the past as you only get a few hardcore people willing to wait out overnight, and most people turn up when the tubes start running.

Anyone going to this? Maybe we could meet up! I'm working til 4am and can get there for about 5am, which has usually been a good time for me in the past as you only get a few hardcore people willing to wait out overnight, and most people turn up when the tubes start running.

I would happily pay £200 not to stand in a queue for any length of time anywhere, let alone in Oxford Street at 5am :eek:

Bob

zandor

Standard Member
Hi
I'm definately going to have a pop at getting one of these hope the tube strike is not on though

DreamcasterUK

Novice Member
I was in the Oxford Street HMV today buying a couple of HD-DVDs and the guy on the till mentioned the promotion to me. Shame I bought an HD-E1 last week but that's the way it goes...

At present more tube strikes are planned for Monday to Thursday week meaning that only Oxford Street will only be easily accessible to people using the Jubilee and Piccadilly lines.

[Edit - the strike on Monday will again not be starting until 1800]

thej

I'm off on Monday, so thinking of going. Cheeky that they are charging £69.99 for the set though, regardless of free player.

Ewen

Novice Member
I discussed this with a Tosh PR at IFA at the weekend - it sounds like it's a no strings attached straight up promotion with Warner to make a big thing about the Matrix launch, they're doing a load of other stuff at the store for the oddball hardcore fans.

Tosh are taking over the hardware section upstairs with HD DVD demos for the week as well.

Clsmooth391

Novice Member
As far as I'm aware, a lot of people look at the hot deals website. Add to this HMV staff promoting the offer there may be more people than expected. I'm probably wrong but worth bearing in mind.

zandor

Standard Member
Had second thoughts about this. Saw a HD-E1 (new) advertised for £169 delivered. So factoring in the cost of the DVD's (which I didn't really want anyway) and the cost of travel the saving doesn't add up to the potential wait and possible disapointment, think I'll wait for the new batch of HD DVD players to hit the shops this autumn and see what happens to the prices of the current models.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020

Latest News

McIntosh launches MX100 AV processor and MI347 power amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung updates and expands access to Samsung TV Plus
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney+ UK introduces GroupWatch co-viewing feature
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published