Free games showing up on my Xbox 1

Discussion in 'Xbox One' started by Brando980, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Brando980

Brando980
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have 3 kids under 9 on my xbox most of the day. I don't know how but in the past 2 months I have games showing up ready to install for free. Gears of War4 bundle pack, Mortal Kombat XL, and Dragon Ball z. No games show up in my recent purchases and no working credit card is linked to my account. The kids do not know how we are getting them either. I wish I got to pick the games I wanted lol. Anyone know how this is happening? Thanks

2. PC1975

PC1975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,480
    You get free games with gold every month that are automatically added to your library while your gold membership is still active

3. Brando980

Brando980
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I know that, But these games are not the free ones. These are all $44-59 dollar games in the store.

4. Nemesis X2

Nemesis X2
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,793
    Did you buy the console 2nd hand?

It sounds like someone has previously had the machine set as their home console and sold it. My guess is they have since got another XB1 and some digital games but have not set their new machine as their home console. This means any digital game they have would be playable on a machine they're signed into, as well as their designated home console (yours, if this theory re 2nd hand is right). That's how game sharing works basically, but in this instance it would be unintentional.

If correct, at some point they'll probably set their new machine as home, after which you'd be unable to play those games.

5. Brando980

Brando980
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is second hand. You could be right.

Just looked on Xbox support and it said " You cannot designate more than one Xbox as your home Xbox. You can share purchased games and Gold with other users only on your home Xbox." And, "The first time you sign in on an Xbox One and save your password, that console becomes your home Xbox."

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  6. Nemesis X2

Nemesis X2
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,793
    That's definitely it. Just enjoy them while they last as they will be unplayable if they change their setting on their new machine.