For Trade FREE for collection - non-working Yamaha Minidisc Recorder MDX-300

Mel_P

Standard Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Location (town/city, country)
Maidstone
IGNORE "FOR TRADE" - I TRIED TO POST THIS AS FREE (NO PREFIX) - BUT THE SOFTWARE WOULDN'T LET ME!

Yet another failure! I bought this in the day minidiscs were "a going technology" - but soon afterwards the technology was abandoned!

This was working until recently and it seems that it's the head drive mechanism isn't working - either the motor or the worm gears. Or perhaps the head has failed?

Insert disc and it cannot read the table of contents. The disc ejects. Taking the cover off, the head does not seem to "seek". So it seems some mechanical fault?. All the electronics looks visually fine.

Free to collect (Maidstone, Kent, UK) by some DIY minidisc repair enthusiast or someone with another Yamaha minidisc recorder with a different fault! Otherwise it's for recycling. The technology is a bit out of date in these days of radio streaming - I used to use it for time shifting radio programmes. I still have a working Sony minidisc recorder - when that fails I will have 100 redundant minidiscs!! Ah well

Price and currency
£0.00
Delivery cost included
Delivery is NOT included
Prefer goods collected?
I prefer the goods to be collected
Advertised elsewhere?
Advertised elsewhere
Payment method
free

Mel_P

Standard Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Location (town/city, country)
Maidstone
Going for recycling with bin men on Wednesday 19th Feb - so final chance!

Top Bottom