free firewall for 7

jtfab75

Prominent Member
Reaction score
i've tried downloading free zone alarm firewall but it won't install.
any other free firewalls for 7 ?

I've never had any issues with any of the Microsoft Firewall functionality. Why do you need a 3rd party?

is it 100% safe ?
Nothing is 100% safe. However, if you have a hardware firewall in your ADSL/Cable router (to stop external port scanning) and the Windows firewall (to stop downloaded programs connecting out to the Internet) you should be OK. Some ISPs (such as PlusNet) even have a configurable firewall to stop communication on ports known to be dangerous.

^ what Stiggy said. Coupled with the router firewall, the standard firewall, so far, has given me sterling service with no intrusions of any description.

The built in firewall with Vista and 7 is perfectly fine. It provides both incoming and outgoing protection.

if anybody is intrested kaspersky have a free trial of there internet security for windows 7 wich includes a firewall

Windows 7

the new firewal is not as intuitive to use as the one zonealarm or others provide, even xp was easier to use - that is reason enough for me to use another as well as or even instead of.

the new firewal is not as intuitive to use as the one zonealarm or others provide, even xp was easier to use - that is reason enough for me to use another as well as or even instead of.
Really? I'd say it's easy to use and powerful.
See here.

Last edited:
Beat me to it Stiggy!

Other than turning it on, not sure what other things one needs to do other than accept or reject notifications.

Meh, I'd agree it offers the same as any other firewall out there. But it doesn't offer advanced control like Comodo does. For general user/average joe the built in firewall is perfect. But for fussy people like me, it doesn't offer the kind of control I want.

PS, I'd remove the hotlink to that image before a mod stamps on you :p Use something like Imageshack.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom