free extended warranty on plasma with credit card?

Babul4u

Standard Member
Barclaycard do not cover Plasma & LCD, just 'normal Tv's. However, if you have a Nationwide CC, then these ARE covered. I checked with them last week, just to be sure as I'm thinking of getting the Panny 6.

W

waddell28

So what the deal with the Nationwide?

I've got a CC with them & looking for a Panny Plasma.

buns

Banned
I tried to get a nationwide card...... despite having a £4k limit on my current card, never having failed payment, spend huge amounts anually with it....... they turned me down. Cant say I was well pleased about it. Nationwide claim to cover pretty much anything, but I suspect that their insurer may say otherwise on some more exotic items. Id suggest checking with the insurer directly and not nationwide themselves

ad

W

waddell28

Looked out the bumpf I got with the N/Wide CC. It says that TV's < 39 inches get a free year's ex warranty after the manufacturers' finishes so 42'' Plasmas aren't covered.

J

jpd2

HSBC are giving a 2 year extended warranty with their platunum card but I have checked with the insurers Domestic and General and does not apply to Plasma

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T9/X Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom