Free Dvd Player!!!!!

forrestgump

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just looked on Skybuy (www.skybuy.sky.com) as I have bought some superb gear at knock down prices and they had a Toshiba 15 inch LCD TV for only £300.00, anyway ordered it via the website and proceeded to checkout and what popped up? Free DVD player and 102 films! Ordered it and let's see if it arrives! How they make any money on these things is beyond me, they only charged me £3.50 postage for the lot!

Interestingly I removed the TV from my basket but the DVD player remained there...at a cost of £0.00

Can't be bothered to order anything else just to see if I can get a free cheapo DVD player though

Lol, I tried that. But you can't continue to checkout without the lcd tv :(

....always ignore Skybuy WAS prices.

This tv has never been £800.00 - the average price for it is £350.00 now........i think PRC were doing it for £321.00 a few weeks ago.

They had a Pana E50 Dvd Recorder on there and the WAS price was £500.00 and we all know it can be had for £250.00.....

Just be careful - don't get carried away................

Plus the hassle..................did i mention the hassle you will have...........................oh i need to sit down.

Dave, Oldham.

Just ordered 10 DVDs for £9.99 and got the free DVD player!!

They charged my card £13.50 incl delivery

Well it is just £13.50 - not a big deal. If I get 10 DVDs and A DVD player for that I won't complain :D

never saw it advertised at £800.00 anyway, it said was £400.00 looked around empire, PRC, unbeatable and no one is selling a 15inch LCD TV for £300.00, can send it back within 10 days if it is no good anyway, you do get hassle if they don't get it back within 10 days but you need to send it by courier so it is signed for at the other end. after selling the dvd player and films the TV will be even cheaper!!!

So its £50 cheaper than a later model Toshiba and £66 more an a budget PC monitor with a TV Tuner

IMO its a good deal for a Toshiba LCD TV, the Free DVD and films are just a bonus :)

£300 buys you very little, 15" Relisys or a 13" sharp maybe, but I would rather have a 15" Toshiba

Cheers forrestgump for the heads up :) I placed an order also

Reviews http://www.whatvideotv.com/testbenc....com/testbench/LCDs/Toshiba/Toshiba5VL26P.php

and

http://www.whathomecinemamag.com/cgi-bin/displayreview.php?reviewid=2652

Which 10 dvds do u have to buy for the free dvd player?

Originally posted by emad
Just ordered 10 DVDs for £9.99 and got the free DVD player!!

They charged my card £13.50 incl delivery

Well it is just £13.50 - not a big deal. If I get 10 DVDs and A DVD player for that I won't complain :D

Looks like they might have fixed their problem.. not showing up now even with the LCD TV...

In the reviews this T.V. is quoted @ £ 1000

Plus I saw it in Peter Jones @ £ 800, but this was about a year ago.

spoke to sky prior to placing the order and they would not confirm what model it was, it looks like the same as the what video review, if it is then I got a £1000 TV for £300, WOW! The reviewers make me laugh moaning about NO S-VIDEO connection when it has component!!!

Mr forrestgump

Can you track your order? I did receive a conformation E-mail from Sky, but when I try to track my order it says "Sorry, no previous orders have been found."

EDIT

I just phoned them and they do have my order, including the free DVD player, I will not smile until I have both items in my hands though.

let us both hope the deal goes through, checked the tv out and some are selling it for £800.00!!! this tv will be a perfect match for my MAXIM progressive scan dvd player that I got from sky 2 weeks ago for £25.00!!!!!
OOO I am so excited!!!

Got it and I'm dead chuffed, it's absolutely stunning :D

Is it worth connecting it to a DVD player using "Component" the DVD player is a Toshiba SE 330 E or as it's a small screen would my "Thor" scart be ok?

I don't have any Component leads, so if people think its worth it, where on-line should a get them.

I guess I would need 5 leads in all, two for audio as well, but I don't really know what I'm talking about :D

They did send me the DVD player and 102 DVD's as well :)

Got mine too, its the package with 101 DVDs + my 10 DVDs all for £13 :clap:

emad,

Please can you post the link, I cannot seem to find what you are talking about.
Thanks,
Julia:blush:

Julia, I don't think it is working anymore.

haven't got my LCD and DVD player yet :(. Were you guys able to track it as my order tracking isn't showing it?

I ordered on the 6-4 so am well ****** off!

Originally posted by ramtec
haven't got my LCD and DVD player yet :(. Were you guys able to track it as my order tracking isn't showing it?

I ordered on the 6-4 so am well ****** off!

I could track it, but only in the last two days

I ordered mine on the 8-4, received today by City Link

Sorry to hear you don't have your LCD and DVD player yet.

pleased you got yours M@tt_UK, I hope that's a good sign for my order. I guess the delay on mine might be due to to the fact that they asked me a hundred and one questions and then asked me to fax a utility bill in which I did on the 9th April. I'll give them another bell tomorrow!

Originally posted by ramtec
pleased you got yours M@tt_UK, I hope that's a good sign for my order. I guess the delay on mine might be due to to the fact that they asked me a hundred and one questions and then asked me to fax a utility bill in which I did on the 9th April. I'll give them another bell tomorrow!

They are a funny old Company for sure, they never asked me a single question and I've never ordered from them before, very odd.

Anyway when you get it, you will love it, I'm sure.

just been on the phone to them and now my orders are appearing under order tracking but they have charged me an additional £13 delivery charges (should have been £3.50 each now £10.00 each).

They don't seem to be doing a good job with these orders! Although I still think overall I've done extremely well.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom