Free Chord Company Silver Plus 1.3 HDMI Cable

Reaction score
Subscribe to What Hifi with 6 months by direct debit and they are stating all subscribers not just the first 200 will get one of these expensive HDMI cables.

You can cancel subscription and get all unmailed issues refunded at any time so you could end up just paying for 1 magazine......

PS you may need to quote a refernce number that would be displayed in the magazine. Think its on page 26 IIRC. Magazine not with me at present.

Anyone got the ref? - about to subscribe + buy a hdmi cable, so this deal is perfect timing!

Would be super thanks,

Chris

I can post it up tomorrow when I get magazine from the girlfriends house but a sthat will be 5ish someone may have seen in shop by then as sure it comes out on a wednesday.

Hi guys,

The reference in my mag is MO28T (page 27) which you can by phone: 08456 777813. Pity, I went for the previous promotion (some nice mini headphones) but this one looks much better...

You can cancel at anytime.

I ordered my subscription 3 issues ago as soon as I saw the HDMI cable offer and never got it. I rang last month and it was confirmed that one had been sent out/ordered for me but I was told to give it 28 days. Phoned Monday and was told sorry, if you want one then just cancel your current subscription and resubscribe.

Bit gutted I never got what I should have had in the first place, but by cancelling and resubscribing I should get the cable.

why the need for an expensive hdmi connection?
its digital, its either getting the o's and 1's or its not!

You can cancel at anytime.

I ordered my subscription 3 issues ago as soon as I saw the HDMI cable offer and never got it. I rang last month and it was confirmed that one had been sent out/ordered for me but I was told to give it 28 days. Phoned Monday and was told sorry, if you want one then just cancel your current subscription and resubscribe.

Bit gutted I never got what I should have had in the first place, but by cancelling and resubscribing I should get the cable.

That's odd and a funny way to do things. On that logic, I might also have to re-subscribe to get my Senheiser in ear headphones as they've not arrived either. Dodgy deal but still probably worth the wait.

Flugger: maybe check out HomeCinemaChoice as well? Better mag IMO and they were a free Revo DAB radio in their subscription deal (ref:pO19: 08708374722) although they specify a 2 year subscription = £80.93). I subscribed when they were giving away a QED HDMI lead. Lost the reference, but you maybe able to get this instead as the offer ran until April '08.

When it's free for the cost of a magazine, why not ???

Guess all the free HDMI cables support 1.3????

Why the need to bring this (ever more boring comment) up in here... isn't there a cable forum for discussing this topic. :suicide:

it may save the same people who would pay the money for super duper gold plated, unicorns hair plated hdmi/optical cables from subscribing to something JUST for the cable,

hope you notice the improved colour, sharpness and greater resolution your new hdmi cables provide :rolleyes:

it may save the same people who would pay the money for super duper gold plated, unicorns hair plated hdmi/optical cables from subscribing to something JUST for the cable,

hope you notice the improved colour, sharpness and greater resolution your new hdmi cables provide :rolleyes:

I'm a little sceptical about What HiFi's comparative reviews of AV cables. They're a bit breathless and subjective. But, this is surely a good deal if only to harness the placebo effect. Though maybe your point is that it encourages the dangerous pre-conception that cables matter and so in the long run relieves people unjustly of their hard earned cash? So anyone taking advanatge of the deal is collaborating with the enemy? Though, if that's the argument then surely the whole AV industry trades on minor, non-existent to many, improvements on cheap midi-based hifi? Go for the deal, Flugger!

Interesting attitude.

Just to clarify for you Daddy k (& I hope this puts your mind at rest!)... I did say I was about to subscribe to What HiFi, and buy a new hdmi cable, so I thought why not subscribe and get a free hdmi cable at the same time (and perhaps check out if there is any difference in these sort of cables at the same time).

As it turns out, i've decided to take Edward P's advice and try out HomeCinemaChoice & I bought a few cheapo hdmis from ukhdmi — although I was about to buy a £500 one out of spite ;)

I have found differences in cabling for speakers, interconnects and scart. Audioquest used to give you a box of cables on loan to hear for yourself at home.

Maybe a HDMI that is branded or not is a placebo, but there are those who feel the fre speaker cable you get with a hifi is sufficient and those who think a midi/mini/micro system is sufficient so you could always argue why seperates.....

As I am having an install and cable is fit once, I would prefer a branded, hopefully tested and reliable cable to a cheapie. And the free Chord Company one costs the amount of 1 magazine.

seaker cables defo make a difference, infact any analogue connection will benefit from better cables etc etc.

its just the all digital ones ie hdmi, optical etc that dont, anyways discuss in the cable forum, just didnt want people subscribing JUST to get a fancy looking hdmi cable.

heck iv been running chord interconnects for ages and they are great, but the whole digital cable fad is a bit silly

Can we all please keep on topic.

The whole cheap/expensive HDMI cable has been done to absolute death elsewhere.

Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom