Free Bumpers in Apple stores

I wonder why.....

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Okay i did the call Apple thing 3 days back. 1st line support very apologetic and all that, try with a different hand e.t.c -

I immediately recited RSI from having to hold the phone in an "un-natural way" for me. He backed off immediately and passed me through to 2nd line.

2nd line dude played the hard line, waiting for me to say okay, at no stage did i ask for a bumper, i asked for a fix. The key winning point for a free bumper (if you care to go that far) is to cite the fact that they are selling me a phone AND I GET DROPPED CALLS, about 75% of the time worked for me.

I have a green bumper on the way - recieved an email the day after.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Okay i did the call Apple thing 3 days back. 1st line support very apologetic and all that, try with a different hand e.t.c -

I immediately recited RSI from having to hold the phone in an "un-natural way" for me. He backed off immediately and passed me through to 2nd line.

2nd line dude played the hard line, waiting for me to say okay, at no stage did i ask for a bumper, i asked for a fix. The key winning point for a free bumper (if you care to go that far) is to cite the fact that they are selling me a phone AND I GET DROPPED CALLS, about 75% of the time worked for me.

I have a green bumper on the way - recieved an email the day after.
Cheers I'll try that :)

Wow I can't believe people are accepting this pathetic offer of a free bumper for something they paid around £500 for that had such a basic fault. If this was nokia or Sony Ericsson, I guarantee that each handset would be getting returned but as it's apple, these apple sheep are happy to accept something worth £25 to put on something worth £500. Wow.

Wow I can't believe people are accepting this pathetic offer of a free bumper for something they paid around £500 for that had such a basic fault. If this was nokia or Sony Ericsson, I guarantee that each handset would be getting returned but as it's apple, these apple sheep are happy to accept something worth £25 to put on something worth £500. Wow.

I didn't, I got a free bumper yes but most importantly i have made sure that i have registered my disdaine with a sub par handset. i have an incident number to refer back to and i also made it quite clear that i did not consider the bumper a fix but a tide me over till a fix is available.

I also got the 2nd level dude to record the fact that i wanted more than a 14 day cooling off period in terms of returning the handset which i consider to be faulty. He actually stated that there was no point in replacing the handset as the next one would be the same.!!

So far from barrrrrrr being sheepish, i have a free bumper, i have reference to my annoyance, and i also have an incident number to refer to when i want to return the handset......

So what do you have in the armoury????

Lol that's cool.... I'm still using my 3gs on 3.1.3 which I think is just perfect as it stands...

But seriously it's like there's even a thread dedicated to the iPhone 4s CAMERA?? and how good it is...?? I'm not being funny but my last phone was a Sony Ericsson K850i and the camera on that was better than the iPhone 4s is... And that's a phone that came out like 4 years ago?

Lol that's cool.... I'm still using my 3gs on 3.1.3 which I think is just perfect as it stands...

But seriously it's like there's even a thread dedicated to the iPhone 4s CAMERA?? and how good it is...?? I'm not being funny but my last phone was a Sony Ericsson K850i and the camera on that was better than the iPhone 4s is... And that's a phone that came out like 4 years ago?

No one is forcing anyone to buy the new iPhone...

What is it with people comparing everything on it... if you want one, buy one. If you don't then er... don't?

People whine about "fanboys" seriously, fanboys haven't got a thing on the whining bitches that seem to be showing themselves! :boring:

The camera on the Iphone 4 is better than the one on your 3GS. So that obviously makes your 3GS way more inferior than your K850i

Don't you feel kinda stupid now?

It's just ironic that he's saying his K850 is better than the IPhone 4, while he has the inferior 3GS.

Guess he's just got a touch of the green-eyed-monster ;)

Everyone has something bad to say about the iPhone 4... despit the majority of them never even touching one. Getting boring now. :rolleyes:

Are you on crack?

I bought the N97 from new, absolutely atrocious phone. The screen would tell me that i have an incoming call but what happens when I swipe or press the answer button? Infuriating. And Nokia didnt want to know.

Bash Apple all you like, but get your facts straight first.

Sorry but you all need to chill, I have the iPhone 4 and love it, I don't even care about the signal issues, that's not because I'm a fan boy but because I don't go looking for problems I don't have. Yes I have a bumper for my phone, I ordered one from day one and always plan in using it. I don't care about trying to get apple to send me one for free, so much so I have ordered another one in White. If your not happy with your purchase then shut the **** up and return it. Stop bitching and get your refund.

I'm sure apple will fix the signal issue or make a announcement some time Soon but your constant moaning on here is getting in my tits, grow up and voice your complaints to apple. What the he'll can anyone on AV forums do for you anyway.

That is complete rubbish. There are many cases where a relatively cheap item improves an expensive one.

Sorry but you all need to chill, I have the iPhone 4 and love it, I don't even care about the signal issues, that's not because I'm a fan boy but because I don't go looking for problems I don't have. Yes I have a bumper for my phone, I ordered one from day one and always plan in using it. I don't care about trying to get apple to send me one for free, so much so I have ordered another one in White. If your not happy with your purchase then shut the **** up and return it. Stop bitching and get your refund.

I'm sure apple will fix the signal issue or make a announcement some time Soon but your constant moaning on here is getting in my tits, grow up and voice your complaints to apple. What the he'll can anyone on AV forums do for you anyway.

:clap: Yes! You saved me a rant there.

Ive just ordered another in white too... looks good huh!

The camera on the Iphone 4 is better than the one on your 3GS. So that obviously makes your 3GS way more inferior than your K850i

Don't you feel kinda stupid now?

Um not as stupid as you methinks. For me it's not about the camera. Which is why I'm not posting pictures of my amazing 5mp camera shots in the iPhone 4 picture thread. You guys are acting as though 5mp is a major breakthrough in mobile devices when in fact it's ancient.

And to the idiot that stated I'm jealous.... Lol you truly are stupid sir. I have no reason to purchase the iPhone 4 because I don't need one. I have a 3gs which does what I want it to. I'm not jumping on the idiot- bandwagon just because the Gods called Apple have released a new product. And I use the term 'new' very loosely. Multitasking? Rotation lock? Same memory? Um I have all that. 'retina display'? What's wrong with the current one? And htc have had sharper screens than apple for zonks...

HD video recording? Welcome to 2008..

Lol idiots paying £500 for a phone that drops calls! And happy to take a £25 covering to patch up apples shortcomings.

Begone fools!

Oh and to the dude who says I'm getting on his tits... 'gynaecomastia'... Look it up... It's not done by apple but I'm sure you'll survive. Donk.

I have a 3gs which does what I want it to. I'm not jumping on the idiot- bandwagon just because the Gods called Apple have released a new product.

Erm, then did YOU not jump on the "idiot bandwagon" when YOU bought a 3gs?... :rolleyes::suicide: You're not the brightest spark are you mate?

What a silly kid. Just cos his mommy won't fork out for a new Iphone he's gotta get all angry about it on the internet.

Same memory? 256MB v 512MB? FAIL.

You've got an out-of-date 3GS. All your cool friends will be laughing at you with their EVOS / Iphone 4s and Droids.

What a silly kid. Just cos his mommy won't fork out for a new Iphone he's gotta get all angry about it on the internet.

Same memory? 256MB v 512MB? FAIL.

You've got an out-of-date 3GS. All your cool friends will be laughing at you with their EVOS / Iphone 4s and Droids.

He's an ex-member now anyway :D:laugh: everyone point and laugh :D;)

Just got my free bumper in the post :D
Which is good, because my iPhone is coming today ( after having to send the other one back!)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom