Free and easy to use webcam software?

Discussion in 'Computer Software & Operating Systems' started by cherryblossom, Aug 24, 2018.

1. cherryblossom

cherryblossom
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

My client would like to find a free webcam software. She has Acer Aspire Switch 10 with Windows 10 and it has a webcam. She would like to record long videos. My client has read that you can only record short videos with Windows' own webcam software. She means that software would record as long as she would stop it. She tried VLC but there was something wrong with the video files. It recorded normally until she stopped the recording. Two of the final files were only 30 minutes long when they were suppose to be much longer.

My client has tried to find suitable softwares online. Many of those softwares are too simple or they have limitations or they are trials. She has read about OBS Studio, but it seemed too complicated. She didn’t find any information if she could use it in a way she would like to.

My client doesn’t have experience about web cameras, so she would like to find software that would be easy to use. Does anyone know a free software which would be easy to use and that could record long videos?