Freddy Vs Jason R1 Review

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
FreddyVsJasonR1.jpg

Andrew Smith reviews Freddy Vs Jason on R1 DVD.

Read the review Here

DiscEmporium.jpg

erm? did you watch the film?

It was reviewed by Andrew Smith

CrispyXUK

I will assume your comment is a humourous? way of saying you disagree with my review, which is fine as at the end of the day a review is simply one persons opinion. I hope it isn't an inference that I would write a review without watching the disc as I take the responsibility of reviewing seriously and would never comment without giving a movie and the content of a disc a thourough examination. I am sure other members of the forum would like the opportunity to debate the merits of the disc with you however ...erm? did you watch the film?... leaves little room for interpretation.

The film was excellent, as well as the picture and sound quality. I prefer the R2 with DTS though.

It was exactly what I was expecting (Freddy Fan).

I can't wait to watch this, it looks so bloody awful :laugh:.

A 9 rating for Film!? Seems a bit generous, that's like placing it up there with Lord Of The Rings, Reservoir Dogs et al...

That said I've been wanting to watch it for a while :p.

Ratings are always going to be a moot point. With something tangiable such as picture and sound quality it is much easier to provide a worthwhile comparison. With a movie ratings its the old apples and oranges arguement. Was Freddy as good as LOTR (which Matt gave a 10 to and so would I) no, but a good comedy can be an 8 or 9 and not be as good as the best and similarly a good schlock horror can be an 8 or 9 and not be as good as the best movies ever. Of its type I feel Freddy vs Jason is at the top of the tree, hence the generous mark. But LOTR is something else altogether. As Spinal Tap would say their amp goes up to 11.

Originally posted by Dimmy
I can't wait to watch this, it looks so bloody awful :laugh:.

A 9 rating for Film!? Seems a bit generous, that's like placing it up there with Lord Of The Rings, Reservoir Dogs et al...

That said I've been wanting to watch it for a while :p.

It's class....I was expecting it to be total trash but it's not :smashin:

Originally posted by docsmith2k1
Ratings are always going to be a moot point. With something tangiable such as picture and sound quality it is much easier to provide a worthwhile comparison. With a movie ratings its the old apples and oranges arguement. Was Freddy as good as LOTR (which Matt gave a 10 to and so would I) no, but a good comedy can be an 8 or 9 and not be as good as the best and similarly a good schlock horror can be an 8 or 9 and not be as good as the best movies ever. Of its type I feel Freddy vs Jason is at the top of the tree, hence the generous mark. But LOTR is something else altogether. As Spinal Tap would say their amp goes up to 11.

Yes, it was a humorous comment :) but I would give Evil Dead II 9/10 hence Freddy vs. Jason would get about 6/10. I hope you didnt take offence to my earlier comment.

Yes - the Evil Dead series remains my own benchmark for horror movie making, and I would probably only give them 9/10 too..

Crispy,

Not offended, no. I must admit that I have not been a great fan of slasher flicks, and I have seen most of them dating back to such classics as The Hills Have Eyes, and such floating turds as Prom Night. But despite my antipathy towards the genre I was pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed the movie on its merits. The mark I awarded reflects that. When I read or watch reviewers I can usually find someone who I clearly share the same preferences with and would put more value on their reviews. I would never NOT watch a movie because of a bad review, but I have been guided towards movies I would otherwise have avoided by positive reviews.

Thoroughly enjoyed this one:)
It delivered exactly what you would expect. You obviously can't compare it to the likes of any masterpiece but as far as this genre goes i'd give it a good 8/10.

Excelent Review and you are one of the fiew reviewers who saw the film for waht it was.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom