• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Fred Dalton Thompson.

Garrett

Fred Dalton Thompson, American politician, actor, attorney, lobbyist, columnist, and radio host, has died age 73. One of the most memorable role s was in Die Hard 2 as Chief of Dulles Operations. Also stared in many of the Law and Order series.
He was extremly good at what he did.
List of roles here.

R.I.P. Fred

Drax1

Distinguished Member
I'm surprised nobody else has commented on this thread. He was a decent actor(and certainly had a varied career) with a commanding screen presence. I'll always remember him from 'In The Line Of Fire' as Clint's prickly boss.
Spoilers if you haven't seen it already, but this is a nice clip with him in.
"What the hell is he doing here?!"

RIP Mr Thompson

Garrett

I'm surprised nobody else has commented on this thread. He was a decent actor(and certainly had a varied career) with a commanding screen presence. I'll always remember him from 'In The Line Of Fire' as Clint's prickly boss.
Spoilers if you haven't seen it already, but this is a nice clip with him in.
"What the hell is he doing here?!"

RIP Mr Thompson

Well the thread only just been put up but he definitely has a commanding presence without coming across as officious. An other one of those stars that were never a main star but always made what ever they were in that bit better.
I never knew he was a politician although when I looked that part up it came as no surprise as he was a Republican Senator. Id just imagine him as a UK party leader in a head of party debate he chew the duberrys of the other leaders.:eek:
More on him here at WIKI Fred Thompson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

kbfern

Distinguished Member
I always thought that he came across well in all the roles he played.

Sorry he has died relatively young, he seemed to have been acting right up to the end.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom