Frau Im Mond DVD Review

Tech News

News Supplying Robot
Reviewed by Brian Day
I said at the end of my last review of a Eureka disc that they are rapidly gaining a reputation in the DVD world as the British Criterion collection. Their Masters Of Cinema Collection contains some fantastic cinematic history that will now be available for several generations to enjoy. I will always look out for these films to review, as it’s a pleasure and not a chore (as most reviews are anyway…)

In this, Lang’s final silent epic, the legendary filmmaker spins a tale involving a wicked cartel of spies who co-opt an experimental mission to the moon in the hope of plundering the satellite’s vast (and highly theoretical) stores of gold. When the crew, helmed by Willy Fritsch and Gerda Maurus (both of whom had previously starred in Lang’s Spione), finally reach their impossible destination, they find themselves stranded in a lunar labyrinth without walls — where emotions run scattershot, and the new goal becomes survival.
A modern Daedalus tale which uncannily foretold Germany’s wartime push into rocket-science, Frau Im Mond is as much a warning-sign against human hubris as it is a hopeful depiction of mankind’s potential.

Frau Im Mond is now added to that ever-growing collection and I whole-heartedly reccomend that lovers of film run out and grab a copy today.
Read the full review...

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom