Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Pleasuredome (Deluxe Edition)

soundstory

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

The tracklisting has just been released..........

CD1: Welcome To the Pleasuredome
1. The World Is My Oyster including well…. and snatch of fury (stay)
2. Welcome To the Pleasuredome
3. Relax (come fighting)
4. War (and hide)
5. Two Tribes
6. for the victims of ravishment
7. Ferry (Go)
8. Born To Run
9. San Jose (The Way)
10. Wish (The Lads Were Here)
11. including The Ballad Of 32
12. Krisco Kisses
13. Black Night White Light
14. The Only Star In Heaven
15. The Power Of Love
16. bang

CD2: post-bang, and other things
1. Relax (greatest bits)
2. One September Monday
3. The Power Of Love (12” version)
4. Disneyland
5. Two Tribes (between rulers and ruling)
6. War (between hiding and hidden)
7. Pleasuredome (cut rough)
8. One February Friday
9. The Ballad of 32 (mix 2)
10. who then devised the torment?
11. Relax (Greek disco mix)
12. Watusi Love Juicy
13. the last voice

Salvo

I'm quite satisfied with it overall, In particular

Relax (Greatest Bits) which is the cassette version & it's taken from the master tapes so it should sound fantastic.

Tracks 4,5 & 6 are demo versions, as all Frankie fans know have been floating around but the sound quality has been awful.

Release date 12 April 2010.

:thumbsup:

this looks good. a lot of unusual stuff on the second disc, mostly that hasn't previously been on cd before and a few things i don't think i have already. i wonder if one of the tracks is the two tribes cassette if it has the relax one

and it looks like the proper version of the album at a glance, as two previous versions missed different tracks off. there was a japanese 2cd version released last year with a bunch of 12"s on the second disc, but nothing to get too excited about as i think they had all been on previous cash ins

disneyland was released officially on the ZZT sampler album back in about 85/86, which had a great live version of born to run from the tube

it looks like we are getting close to having most of the official 12" etc stuff on cd. the live version of relax from the computer game cassette and born to run would be nice, and of course the original demo of relax

i wonder if they do a expanded release of liverpool? i doubt they would have many takers for it though. there's a fair bunch of liverpool outtakes knocking about

this looks good. a lot of unusual stuff on the second disc, mostly that hasn't previously been on cd before and a few things i don't think i have already. i wonder if one of the tracks is the two tribes cassette if it has the relax one

and it looks like the proper version of the album at a glance, as two previous versions missed different tracks off. there was a japanese 2cd version released last year with a bunch of 12"s on the second disc, but nothing to get too excited about as i think they had all been on previous cash ins

disneyland was released officially on the ZZT sampler album back in about 85/86, which had a great live version of born to run from the tube

it looks like we are getting close to having most of the official 12" etc stuff on cd. the live version of relax from the computer game cassette and born to run would be nice, and of course the original demo of relax

i wonder if they do a expanded release of liverpool? i doubt they would have many takers for it though. there's a fair bunch of liverpool outtakes knocking about

The cassette mix of Two Tribes (Keep The peace) isn't included, here's a bit more info on what wasn't........

Slave To The Rhythm was originally slated for the release but taken off as a suitable master couldn't be found (only cassette)

Pleasurefix and Starfix weren't included because the masters couldn't be remastered in time.

They couldn't find a decent quality The "Blockheads" version of Relax either.

The cassette mix of Two Tribes (Keep The peace) isn't included, here's a bit more info on what wasn't........

Slave To The Rhythm was originally slated for the release but taken off as a suitable master couldn't be found (only cassette)

Pleasurefix and Starfix weren't included because the masters couldn't be remastered in time.

They couldn't find a decent quality The "Blockheads" version of Relax either.

do you mean the only star in heaven (starfix) from the power of love gatefold with the photos and welcome to the pleasuredome (pleasurefix)? and was it an instrumental of black night white light as the fourth track on the gatefold POL 12"? there was also the "alternative" or "unreleased" mix of POL from a reissue around 1993, not a dance mix, it was similar to the normal album version, but without the spoken intro, there's also the demo version, which sounds awful like all the rest of the demos

what's slave to the rythmn? it's not the grace jones track is it?

and i have different titles listed for the cassette of two tribes, and can't see a "keep the peace" version listed, although i might have it under another name. i have the two tribes cassette tracklisting as..

1 - have sex with as many objects as possible
2 - live at MSG
3 - the carnage & the annihilation
4 - one february friday [i think an edited version]
5 - war (somewhere between hiding & hidden)
6 - war is peace

the actual tape is in a cupboard but that's what's ripped to the computer

do you know what the relax greek disco mix is? i've never heard of that. by the looks of things they've avoided putting on remixes that aren't from that era, which is great, so i'm hoping this is a mix from the 80s and not a new one, and that would spoil the collection. personally i would have put one september monday and one february friday on the end as they are just interviews and disrupt the flow. it's not like the second disc is in chrono order either. and what's the song who then devised the torment? that doesn't sound familiar

do you mean the only star in heaven (starfix) from the power of love gatefold with the photos and welcome to the pleasuredome (pleasurefix)? and was it an instrumental of black night white light as the fourth track on the gatefold POL 12"? there was also the "alternative" or "unreleased" mix of POL from a reissue around 1993, not a dance mix, it was similar to the normal album version, but without the spoken intro, there's also the demo version, which sounds awful like all the rest of the demos

what's slave to the rythmn? it's not the grace jones track is it?

Yes it is, Frankie were meant to record it originally

and i have different titles listed for the cassette of two tribes, and can't see a "keep the peace" version listed, although i might have it under another name. i have the two tribes cassette tracklisting as..

1 - have sex with as many objects as possible
2 - live at MSG
3 - the carnage & the annihilation
4 - one february friday [i think an edited version]
5 - war (somewhere between hiding & hidden)
6 - war is peace

Yes Keep The Peace & the track above are the same thing........

Two Tribes (between rulers and ruling), War (between hiding and hidden), Pleasuredome (cut rough) are the studio demos

do you know what the relax greek disco mix is? i've never heard of that.

It's actually another original re-edit of the sex mix (if I remember rightly) I wouldn't call it essential, I can think of several tracks that could have gone on instead.

what's the song who then devised the torment? that doesn't sound familiar

It's actually the "Churchill" spoken intro to the POL cassette.
:)

ah, thanks. what happend to just calling a demo "(demo)". following FGTH remixes requires major studying

so is the greek mix an edit of the 16 minute sex mix (of which there already is a 7 odd minute edit, or possibly two if the cassette single version is different), or the 8 minute new york mix (ie. the good dance mix, rather than the drum machine and load of talking mix)? i presume you mean an edit of the long 16" minute version

it's a bit strange that on the expanded version of the album the don't have the classic 12" of relax, or either of the classic 12"s of two tribes. they really could have done with a triple disc set, even if those 12"s have been reissued to death, it would be nice to have everything in a decent running order all together. an itunes/download only release would have been a way to do it, and they could have got away with using the tape masters for the bonus stuff like slave to the rythmn. i'd like to hear that, it's a great track. i presume the backing music is pretty much the same as grace jones version, just a different remix (i used to kid my mate that the FGTH music was all from a computer and the band didn't play a note. years later i found out they were apparently pretty good at playing live)

Yes Slave To The Rhythm is one of my favourites too, I've only ever heard an awful quality recording of the Frankie version, but yes it is similar.

I get what you mean about the exclusions on disc two & your right the arguement would be that they have been out loads of times.

But not remastered of course !

Speaking of which I noted that the guy who did the remastering, is the same culprit who did the Eurthymics remasters & they suffered from LOUD remastering, so I'm not sure how I feel about it............

Got my copy two days early (thanks Amazon!) & have been playing it to death.

Great remastering to my ears.

Would you say get this or Frankie's Greatest ?

i don't have the new version yet, but i have the original album and most of the bonus tracks. the first album is pretty much frankies greatest. the second album was pretty crap, particularly compared to the first. i'm guessing you can probably get liverpool on cd for next to nothing on amazon. so i'd recommend getting this instead of the hits. it looks like a pretty good compilation. the other deluxe edition 80s releases from other artists like duran duran and spandau ballet have been pretty great too, with all the related 12"s and b sides etc all collected together. i was listening to the thompson twins the other day and realised that it was all about 30 years ago! :eek: relax is about 27 or 28 years old!!

actually the 2 disc version of frankies greatest has some great 12"s on the second disc

i don't have the new version yet, but i have the original album and most of the bonus tracks. the first album is pretty much frankies greatest. the second album was pretty crap, particularly compared to the first. i'm guessing you can probably get liverpool on cd for next to nothing on amazon. so i'd recommend getting this instead of the hits. it looks like a pretty good compilation. the other deluxe edition 80s releases from other artists like duran duran and spandau ballet have been pretty great too, with all the related 12"s and b sides etc all collected together. i was listening to the thompson twins the other day and realised that it was all about 30 years ago! :eek: relax is about 27 or 28 years old!!

actually the 2 disc version of frankies greatest has some great 12"s on the second disc

I'd recommend this remaster, I would have bought it alone for the Cassette mix of Relax (Greatest Bits) alone

I've done a bit of research & bizarrely, the original album (disc1) appears to not have been remastered at all, just CD2 ?????

Last edited:
I'd recommend this remaster, I would have bought it alone for the Cassette mix of Relax (Greatest Bits) alone

I've done a bit of research & bizarrely, the original album (disc1) appears to not have been remastered at all, just CD2 ?????

i'll be getting it anyway. there were two previous versions of the first album, each with one different track missing, so the new version includes all the tracks together for the first time (apart from maybe the japanese release). it's just good to get all the other stuff on the second disc, even though i usually listen to FGTH from the pc so i can compile the bits i want to hear in a playlist (ie. the whole album together, then b sides etc)

i'll be getting it anyway. there were two previous versions of the first album, each with one different track missing, so the new version includes all the tracks together for the first time (apart from maybe the japanese release). it's just good to get all the other stuff on the second disc, even though i usually listen to FGTH from the pc so i can compile the bits i want to hear in a playlist (ie. the whole album together, then b sides etc)

Yes thoufh the tracklisting seems at little random, it does fill a few gaps for us Frankie fans until we get the box set arriving probably in 2099

Now you've thrown a spanner in the works :D

I think i'll go for that for that reason ;)

Last edited:
Done ;)

Incidentally, how do these two differ in quality ?

Now to pick my Duran Duran sets :D

Last edited:

Greatest isn't remastered at all, it does HOWEVER have the original 7" mix of Relax however which has only appeared once before on CD (Japanese box set from last year).

I'd go for Pleasuredome

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom