Frank Schatzing's The Swarm.

ELV

Established Member
Reaction score
I was doing a bit of digging the other night and found that this is down for production next year, apparently Uma Thurman has bought the rights to the book. Iv'e only read half of the book but iv'e been thinking that it would make a great film, possibly split into 2 as is the book (all 900 pages).
For anyone who doesn't know what the storys about basicaly everything in the oceans, worms ,sharks etc are attacking humans ( the worms are eating into the methane deposits, cue whale attacks tidal waves etc) but it should hopefully convert into a great disaster movie!

Elv

As of this morning, I'm on page 731 of this monster of a book, with 150 to go.

It's pretty good. A movie would be very expensive and involve a ton of CGI, however...

As of this morning, I'm on page 731 of this monster of a book, with 150 to go.

It's pretty good. A movie would be very expensive and involve a ton of CGI, however...

That's the reason i'm looking forward to it, hopefully it will be better than The day after tommorow which i think was a bit of an opportunity missed.

Just been looking at some reviews of this book ...... sounds like a good read and has the makings of an exellent movie, if done right. Im off to borders to see if i can nab a copy. :thumbsup:

I was doing a bit of digging the other night and found that this is down for production next year, apparently Uma Thurman has bought the rights to the book. Iv'e only read half of the book but iv'e been thinking that it would make a great film, possibly split into 2 as is the book (all 900 pages).
For anyone who doesn't know what the storys about basicaly everything in the oceans, worms ,sharks etc are attacking humans ( the worms are eating into the methane deposits, cue whale attacks tidal waves etc) but it should hopefully convert into a great disaster movie!

Elv
Just like to say I picked up Schatzing's novel as a possible holiday read for my 2 weeks in the western isles of Scotland recently. Sadly I didn't see much of the western isles because I was lterally 'glued' to this fantastic story. It scared the hell out of me. Two thirds of the way through the book I was raving to my kids that Spielberg or George Lucas just had to get a hold of this story to make the movie. With our great concerns about ecology and at the same time, our fascination about alien life, this story could become a modern equivalent of H G Wells War Of The Worlds and I don't mean the recent piece of Junk that starred Mr Cruise!
regards
Roy

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom