Frank Oz on UK Blu-ray?

figrin_dan

Does the UK have something against Frank Oz?

I would quite like to buy the following films:

Death at a Funeral
Bowfinger
HouseSitter
What About Bob?
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Little Shop of Horrors
The Muppets Take Manhattan

It seems the only Frank Oz directed film available is The Dark Crystal.

At least 4 of them are available elsewhere. So why not here?

The UK is a small country with a smaller market so fewer catalogue titles get released here than in the US or in many European countries. It's no conspiracy against Frank Oz. I'm a huge fan of Brian De Palma's horror films and thrillers but I have to get them from abroad, because most of them don't get released here.

steviedr

Distinguished Member
As mentioned in the Blu ray players thread, you can purchase from as little as £30 for a refurbished Blu and with a few presses of the remote you have a player for another region.
Recently bought the Toshiba, worked a treat!

figrin_dan

I am region free and I'm pretty sure those available above are all region free anyway.

But importing is becoming a pain since the demise of Axel. I'm considering buying LSOH from Amazon.de but I recently bought a haul from there and don't want to buy one at a time.

I've also got loads of Play points to use!

[/justfeelingsorryformyself]

steviedr

Distinguished Member
figrin_dan said:
I am region free and I'm pretty sure those available above are all region free anyway.

But importing is becoming a pain since the demise of Axel. I'm considering buying LSOH from Amazon.de but I recently bought a haul from there and don't want to buy one at a time.

I've also got loads of Play points to use!

[/justfeelingsorryformyself]
:)

figrin_dan

Well I did consider that but I think it's a bit excessive. ;)

BJQ1972

Have you tried All your music or Moviemars on Amazon Marketplace - Muppets Take Manhattan is on there for about 10.30 Inc P&P. They are customs friendly too.