Frank Harvey Hi-Fi Thread - News, Offers, Demo Listing & Vinyl Releases!

Member 116841

Distinguished Member
20847239116_1fbb12e494_z.jpg

TomScrut

So, is it that you are becoming 800 series dealers when they announce the new range on the 9th?

Member 116841

Distinguished Member
We are proud to announce that Frank Harvey Hi-Fi are now Bowers & Wilkins Diamond 800 Series dealers. The whole range will be on demo as and when available, and will figure in our open day in November.

Member 116841

Distinguished Member
Yup, couldn't say anything though. £4500 / £6750 / 12500 / £16750 / £22500.

If I recall correctly - I reserve the right to amend should I be wrong!

Member 116841

Distinguished Member
KEF Muo

21622467065_f2c0ea4e8d.jpg

KEF have launched the Muo - a wireless Bluetooth (4.0 aptX) speaker which has obviously been inspired by the Muon (same designer, Ross Lovegrove). The Muo has a 10 metre range and up to 12 hours battery life, and handily charges via 5v USB, which cuts out the inconvenience of taking multiple, bulky plug chargers on trips or holidays.

The Muo uses two 50mm full range drivers and an auxiliary bass radiator (housed in a high quality aluminium case) to reproduce its big soundstage, and you can also set two up in stereo mode for improved performance, as well as party mode.

A sensor inside the speaker alters the output depending on whether it is being used vertically or horizontally.

Available in 5 colours...
KEF Muo.jpg

Member 116841

Distinguished Member
Queen Comes To Frank Harvey Hi-Fi

21028689634_8496c8ed15.jpg

The new Queen half speed remasters are now available in store, along with reissues of Placebo's self titled album Placebo, and Without You I'm Nothing, on black or limited yellow vinyl.​

Member 116841

Distinguished Member
We now have the (first four) Peter Gabriel vinyl re-releases available in store...these are double LP 180gram pressings, half speed mastered, and play at 45rpm. And a nice bonus of a hi-res download!

21924185900_991a073120.jpg

Last edited:

Madmischief

Hi David

Looking for a subwoofer to complement two Monitor Audio RS6 floors ganders and a RS LCR recently bought here from a member. Would use it for music and TV at an even split.

Firing them through an Onkyo TR609, the seating position is about 10 ft away from the speakers / TV.

Was thinking an SVS ... any suggestions or bargains about?

Cheers

Sameer

Madmischief

Thanks, bought one and it has arrived!

Need to figure out the set-up, using the Audessy mic and AVR tool oO

Member 116841

Distinguished Member
Keep up to date with details of our participation in Record Store Day on Saturday the 16th April

here in the Events section. We will be open from 10am to 4pm, hosting four vinyl based systems from our main turntable suppliers, as well as prizes and exclusive RSD releases!​

Member 116841

Distinguished Member
Therefore, we have a used pair of piano black Bowers & Wilkins Diamond 802 D2 loudspeakers available. These are generally in excellent condition, but do have a few minor marks around the lower section of the cabinets - these are only really noticeable when looking close for them. These three year old speakers come complete with their original boxes and packaging.​

26910476214_933c1808b6.jpg

SOLD

A TechRadar review here for those that are interested.​

Last edited:

killiefan

Hi David,

Tested whether or not I wanted back into vinyl with a second hand Project Debut bought from a forum member. As a result I'm now thinking of an upgrade. Using an Arcam C31 pre with no phono stage, so I'll need one.

The Clearaudio Concept MM TT looks ideal. My wife likes the more traditional look, so no Avid Actus Reference for me! Would you pm me please with a recommendation for a phono stage to match the Concept and a package price? The £995 for the TT has already eaten way into the budget, so happy to take a used phono stage (customer trade in, ex-dem, discontinued or whatever).

Finally, why no Biffy Clyro albums on the list?

Many thanks.

Member 116841

Distinguished Member
Hi David,

Tested whether or not I wanted back into vinyl with a second hand Project Debut bought from a forum member. As a result I'm now thinking of an upgrade. Using an Arcam C31 pre with no phono stage, so I'll need one.

The Clearaudio Concept MM TT looks ideal. My wife likes the more traditional look, so no Avid Actus Reference for me! Would you pm me please with a recommendation for a phono stage to match the Concept and a package price? The £995 for the TT has already eaten way into the budget, so happy to take a used phono stage (customer trade in, ex-dem, discontinued or whatever).

Finally, why no Biffy Clyro albums on the list?

Many thanks.
We used to have a few Biffy Clyro albums, but they didn't generally sell too well. If you wanted to get hold of some as part of the free vinyl offer that comes with the TT, just let me know what you're looking for and I'll see if they're still available.

I'll PM you shortly regarding the phono stage.

Member 116841

Distinguished Member
The new Classe 2200i integrated amplifier is now on demo in store, currently running in with the new PMC Twenty25 loudspeaker range! If you would like to book a demonstration, please call 02476 525200 or PM me.

28161783922_627a80c152.jpg

TomScrut

The new Classe 2200i integrated amplifier is now on demo in store, currently running in with the new PMC Twenty25 loudspeaker range! If you would like to book a demonstration, please call 02476 525200 or PM me.

28161783922_627a80c152.jpg
What's the RRP of this?

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

BAFTA 2021 awards sees Nomadland as big winner
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for May 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung rumoured to be buying OLED TV panels from LG Display
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Netflix signs with Sony for first streaming rights in U.S.
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Audio Pro launches C10 MkII speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom