Quantcast

Frank Harvey Hi-Fi Thread - News, Offers, Demo Listing & Vinyl Releases!

hifix

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
SVS SB2000 & PB2000 SUBWOOFERS

SVS have released two new subwoofers - the sealed SB2000 and the ported PB2000. These are now on demo in store.

SB2000 from £589

The SB2000 is a 14" square sealed box, using SVS's new STDA500D 500 watt continuous output Class D amplifier to drive a newly designed long throw 12" bass driver. The SB2000 reaches to 19Hz at -3dB.

PB2000 £659

The PB2000 uses the same driver and amplifier as the SB2000, but in a larger 20" x 17" x 22", ported cabinet. The PB2000 reaches 17Hz at -3dB.

Both subwoofers come with a 5 year warranty.

The below pic gives an idea of their size in comparison to each other...

Last edited:

hifix

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
PMC's new three-way Twenty.26 loudspeakers are now on demo in store!

t bone

Hi dav1df

Was just wondering if you have any ex-display or offers on a pair of black AudiolabMBs, although I'm a couple of months short on funds thought I'd start my hunt early,

hifix

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Nothing just yet tbone, but nearer your estimated time, maybe... :)

stevefish69

Can you give me the heads up if you come across any B-Stock or Ex Demo Kef 206/2's please David

hifix

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Can you give me the heads up if you come across any B-Stock or Ex Demo Kef 206/2's please David
Will do Steve. We'll be running a trade in program for the new KEF Reference models, so may well have some old Reference coming in. Although, with the lack of a dedicated rear for the new range at the moment, I'm not sure of the likelyhood of that happening! I'll keep an eye out for any B grade that KEF might come up with.

hifix

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
REMASTERED LED ZEPPELIN ALBUMS

Just turned up - Led Zeppelin's first three remastered albums on vinyl!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

All three of the single LP albums are available for £14/£12/£13 respectively in store at Frank Harvey Hi-Fi, or mail order with any turntable orders in conjunction with our 'vinyl voucher' offer when purchasing turntables (see earlier post).​

Last edited:

hifix

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
New Vinyl Releases Available @FrankHarveyHiFi

Kasabian's 48:13 and Michael Jackson's Xscape!

ImageUploadedByAVForums1402053134.845643.jpg
ImageUploadedByAVForums1402053149.436190.jpg

There have also been some price reductions on various albums due to opening a few more accounts and being able to buy-in cheaper - any savings we get, we pass on to you!​

Last edited:

hifix

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Here's a few examples of some of the vinyl we have in stock, and a comparison of prices to Amazon, as of this afternoon. Amazon prices in brackets.

Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not - Arctic Monkeys £14 (£15)

Master Of Reality - Black Sabbath £10 (£22.53)

Music Has The Right To Children - Boards Of Canada £17 (£19.14)

Hotel California - The Eagles £14 (£22.95)

Fresh Cream - Cream £11 (£19.64)

American Beauty (RSD) - Bruce Springsteen £10 (£14.81)

What's Going On - Marvin Gaye £10 (19.30)

Blue - Joni Mitchell £14 (£18.01)

Jagged Little Pill - Alanis Morrisette £14 (£18.13)

Bleach - Nirvana £14 (£20.99)

The Bends - Radiohead £13 (£15.67)

Master Of Reality - Black Sabbath £10 (£22.53)

50 Words For Snow - Kate Bush £19 (£26.21)

Blood Sugar Sex Magik - RHCP £16 (18.38)

Music Of My Mind - Stevie Wonder £10 (£14.50)

Close To The Edge - Yes £14 (£17.70)

Tres Hombres - ZZ Top £14 (£19.12)

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - Elton John £22 (£28.07)

Back To Black - Amy Whinehouse £14 (£17.45)

The Colour And The Shape - Foo Fighters £28 (£40.63)

Dial M For Monkey - Bonobo £15 (£24.52)

I'll add a few more examples when I get a chance. As you can see, some of those differences are not small! Amazon may be convenient (I use them myself for some things), but they're certainly not the cheapest! Support local record dealers!

:)

Last edited:

jwsg

Hi, back in January you posted some reductions on the SVS range, such as the SB1000 - I was wondering if something similar might happen again?

hifix

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hi, back in January you posted some reductions on the SVS range, such as the SB1000 - I was wondering if something similar might happen again?
Not at this time, but stay tuned! You never know :)

mohsin_uk

Novice Member
Is Vinyl for in store collection only?

hifix

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
At the moment it is only in store, except for those ordering turntables online, as we can package the vinyl with the turntable for shipping.

Our website will receive a massive update shortly, and when it does, we will be adding vinyl listings to it, once we're up to date with adding new products.

hifix

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor

Prodigy
's new singles album, Their Law, is now available at Frank Harvey Hi-Fi's vinyl store in Coventry. THis is currently priced at £18, which is £7.73 cheaper than amazon!

Also, the 20th Anniversary Edition of Pink Floyd's Division Bell, which also comes with MP3 download code, is now available too for £24, which is £3 cheaper than amazon.

SUPPORT INDEPENDENT LOCAL RECORD STORES!

hifix

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
CHORD CPM2650 AMPLIFIER

The Chord Company's mighty CPM2650 integrated amplifier is now on demo at Frank Harvey. This beautiful piece of engineering retails for £4890 in black.​

Last edited:

hifix

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
OPPO HA1 & PM1

Oppo's new PM1 planar headphones and HA1 headphone amplifier are now on demo in store! Feel free to pop in for a demo! We have stock of the HA1 in black and silver, and the PM1 headphones. PM2s will be available soon.​

Last edited:

hifix

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor

The Great Escape and War Of The Worlds (1953) original soundtracks just in!

Last edited:

hifix

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
BOWERS & WILKINS CM SERIES 2

Bowers & Wilkins have announced their new and improved CM range, with an addition of an interesting extra speaker...

The new range takes advantage of the "double dome" tweeter which was introduced to the range with the CM10 late last year, as well as benefiting from a cleaner look, with allen bolt heads removed for example.

Models are as they were previously, with one addition - the CM6 S2. This model has the same cabinet dimensions as the CM5, but mounts the tweeter outside the cabinet in the same way as the CM10s. This aids imaging and precision, with no effects from the cabinet or its baffle, and certainly not from anything airborne within the cabinet.

Initial listening sessions at B&W were promising, with the range displaying greater clarity and control in the bass region, with more open and airy higher frequencies, particularly the CM6, as you would expect. We look forward to eharing them in our demo rooms...

The range and prices are as follows:

CM1 S2 £649/pair

CM5 S2 £949/pair

CM6 S2 £1499/pair

CM8 S2 £1499/pair

CM9 S2 £1999/pair

CM10 S2 £2999/pair

CM Stands £400/pair (silver or black)

Centre £499

Centre 2 £799

ASW10 CM £999

All speakers are available in Gloss Black, Satin White, and Rosenut. The ASW10 CM subwoofer is available in Gloss Black or Satin White.​

hifix

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
DENON HEOS

Denon have introduced HEOS - a high quality wireless multi-room system, controllable by any Apple IOS or Android device.

Music can be accessed either by apps such as Spotify, Rhapsody (Napster), Deezer and TuneIn, as well as being able to stream music from various devices stored on your home network as well as from the handheld control device itself.

Control is simple and intuitive, with nifty little features such as being able to group all the individual zones together as one with a simple "pinch" together of two fingers (as you would 'zoom out' of a map on an IOS device). Playlists can be set up for individual users, who all have independent control of their own zone.

The HEOS range is as follows:

HEOS 3 £249
The HEOS 3 is a standalone stereo wireless speaker utilising dual full range drivers driven by a Class D amplifier, and can be used one its side or standing vertically. A second one can be added for a more conventional stereo experience. An analogue jack and a USB input are provided to plug in an external source such as a memory stick.

HEOS 5 £349
The HEOS 5 is the mid range stereo wireless speaker that utilises four custom drivers and a single radiator, allowing it to fill larger rooms. The same connection flexibility is offered.

HEOS 7 £499
The HEOS 7 is the top of the range wireless speaker, using five dedicated Class D amplifiers to drive two tweeters, two mid drivers, and a single large woofer, which are backed up by two passive radiators to improve bass performance. Obviously this will fill larger rooms than the 3 and 5. Again, the same connection flexibility with the added bonus of a headphone sockety and a wireable ethernet connection.

HEOS AMP £399
The HEOS Amplifier is a 100 watt per channel amplifier, based on Class D technology for improved efficiency and lower heat emissions. Its power output allows it to be used with a wide range of loudspeakers. As well as the streaming capabilities of the HEOS wireless loudspeakers, the HEOS AMP also has an optical digital input, a USB input, an analogue jack input and a pair of analogue RCA phono inputs for listening to external sources. A subwoofer output is also provided to add a subwoofer for use with smaller speakers, or to back up speakers in larger rooms. All you need to add to a HEOS AMP is a pair of loudspeakers.

HEOS LINK £299
The HEOS LINK allows an existing hi-fi setup to become part of the HEOS network. The HEOS LINK provides the same inputs as the HEOS AMP, but adds optical and coaxial digital outputs as well as a pair of variable analogue pre-outputs to plug into a spare input on an existing system - your current hi-fi is then ready to enjoy the full benefits of Denon HEOS.

HEOS EXTEND £79
The HEOS EXTEND can be used to strengthen an existing HEOS network, or to extend its range by placing it within the outer range of an existing network.

For more details, visit Denon's website HERE.​

hifix

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
KEF REFERENCE

The new Reference range of loudspeakers from KEF are now available in store for demo in store at Frank Harvey Hi-Fi.

KEF Reference range

Last edited: