1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frames lost in captured video

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by RoHitSaGaR, Feb 11, 2004.

1. RoHitSaGaR

RoHitSaGaR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,
    Just a new bee here, seems to be a gr8 discussion group.
    Anyhow here goes my problem.
    I have SONY DCR PC 100 E Camcorder. &
    SONY PCGGRV680 Laptop with 2.6 GHz, 512 MB Ram, 60 GB HDD.

I captured video on my laptop thru one of the prepurchased software which came with my laptop called CLICK TO DVD from Sony.

I burnt a DVD also but the problem is when I see this DVD on DVD Player I feel like when camera is moving from one end to another the motion becomes a bit jerky. It is not smooth. Like instead of 25 frames per second like it captured like 22 or 23 or 24 frames per second. A normal person cannot notice it or may be he can but a person who is involved in such activities immediately pin points it.
    Why do you think it happened ?

Was is coz I used a Firewire Cable that cost me 15 USD. Where as in market I can see Firewire Cables of 100 USD also.
    What is difference between these high and low cost cables.

Is the specs of my laptop lower ?

Any Ideas/Comments .

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,388
    Hi RoHitSaGaR and welcome to the forum :smashin:

I think it very unlikely that the problems with your DVD playback are down to the cheap firewire cable. I have recommended cheap £5 cables to others on this forum and they have never reported problems with them.
    I think the problems are more likely to be down to the software you are useing. If the encoder used to convert the AVI files to MPEG-2 are not that good then they could cause the jerky movements that you describe. I would suggest you try a few of the free trial downloads. Try www.ulead.com and get the download for DVD Movie Factory 3. Also take a look at www.dvdrhelp.com for loads of advise on creating DVD's.

Mark.

3. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Do you get this jerky movement with motion, when the disc is played back from DVD-ROM on computer monitor, as well as when played back from stand alone DVD player to TV set ?