framed posters etc in dedicated room

Mr Regan

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just a quick few questions:hiya:

i fancy hanging a few framed film posters in my cinema room as i thought it would add a nice touch:D
the room is totally matte black with no windows the thing is will the posters up the side of the room effect viewing pleasure, am i better of using just the frame no glass to reduce reflection or just bin the idea and leave it:confused:.

also is pitch black the best option to watch movies, the only light will be coming from my projector:devil: or is a little background light best while watching movies:rolleyes:

thanks steve

I have anti-glare pvc snap frames that i keep my posters in and they do not interfere with the image or reflect light. i got them from fast frames but they are not full movie poster size but i think you can get larger sizes. I personally think it will add i nice touch to the room if done properly :cool:

Hi Steve,

I am just finishing off my own dedicated room at the moment and I have 6 movie posters which i am putting up. I got the frames for the from ikea they measure 70 x 100 cm here's a link you just change the size in the drop down box - IKEA | Frames & pictures | Frames | RIBBA | Frame

unfortunately the pvc used is not anti-glare however i am just planning on placing them at the back of the room so they won't interfere with any light reflections etc. They are a great, stylish and cheap resolution. I then got some black photo mount cut to size to cover over any gaps and make them all look consistent.

I've got i few pics of them in my build thread.

Let us know how you get on, A. :smashin:

Just a quick few questions:hiya:

i fancy hanging a few framed film posters in my cinema room as i thought it would add a nice touch:D
the room is totally matte black with no windows the thing is will the posters up the side of the room effect viewing pleasure, am i better of using just the frame no glass to reduce reflection or just bin the idea and leave it:confused:.

also is pitch black the best option to watch movies, the only light will be coming from my projector:devil: or is a little background light best while watching movies:rolleyes:

thanks steve

to your second question

Its often personal preference if you have any light other than the screen, its important of course that no light is on the screen but very dim lights at the back of the room would be ok, some get eyestrain in pitch black, hope this helps....My dedicated room is also pitch black, I do have an option to have very dim lighting which I sometimes use although mostly its all off:D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom