Frame by frame recordin on Sony TVR25E

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by tommyf, Jun 5, 2002.

1. tommyf

tommyf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

On Monday I went out on a spur and bought myself a miniDV camcorder. Didnt REALLY need one, but kinda wanted one for a while. After looking about I got the Sony TVR25. Nice. i'm happy :)

Anyway, was flicking through the options and noticed the frame by frame recording mode for making animations. COOL! so I thought. Gave it a go but found that it records not one but 6!!!! frames on each shot! This makes for very unconvincing animations!

Is there any way of doing it frame by frame or will I just have to go edit it on the pc to get the required results? Bit of a pain if I had to do that, especially as being a digital camcorder you'd expect it could manage 1 frame at a time...

Any help, ideas, frustrations or tips ? :)

Thanks in advance.

Tom...
    I also went out and bought a finger CMOS color cam last night and mounted it to my bike helmet.. nice lightweight CHEAP helmetcam! and the quality aint too bad in the day either! And VERY easy to set up & mount!

2. goldenfleece

goldenfleece

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive got the digital 8 SOny TRV140E and this frame by frame option also only records in increments of 6 frames at a time. Animation is somewhat jerky as a result. Be interested to know myself if you can change this in any way.

3. tommyf

tommyf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So no-one have any experience with this then? :-(

Tom...