Frailty.........Yawn

JSW

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Found it hard to stay awake during this last night kept nodding off and became all to obvious as it progressed :(

I have to admit, it wasn't as good as I was hoping it to be and had been lead to believe.

That said, it was a little different and was well made. Althought the final 'revalation' wasn't too surprising, there were a couple of twist along the way that I don't see how anyone could have foreseen (mainly because they were fairly abstract until you got to the moment they were revealed).

Anyone else think the 'vision' of the angel seemed utterly out of place? At least it wasn't a cheesy woman in white though.

Originally posted by juboy

Anyone else think the 'vision' of the angel seemed utterly out of place? At least it wasn't a cheesy woman in white though.

The plot was going nowhere so they had to think of something fast, well cheesy.

The moment meiks said is that your mother I knew ;)

Originally posted by JSW
The moment meiks said is that your mother I knew ;)

That was somewhat of a clanger. There's a funny bit in the writer's commentary where he says he reckons Matthew McConaughey is one of the best actors around... I guess he doesn't watch his own films then :)

I thought the angel appeared relatively early on though? It was a nice idea but strangely executed.

Just seen it too. Same sentiments as above, and agree it's a good film.

One hting though, and it's not a spoiler, but what happened about the ambulance then left outside FBI HQ? Bit of a loose end. As you can imagine, I had to explain the film to the wife, she also fell asleep.:rolleyes: For once it wasn't because she was confused.:) But I couldn't explain the ambulance, and as that was the last thing to stick in her mind, I was grilled to the point where she said, 'That wasn't very good then'. You just can't win.:D

I enjoyed the film simply because it was not laden with special effects that so many films seem to insist on these days. It was kind of spooky in places, to be honest there are not many films which are scary these days which is a shame.

I just re-watched Jaws anniversary edition and the bit where Richard Dreyfuss goes into the water to investigate the wrecked fishermans boat and the head comes out of the boat really made me jump!.

Thats the effect films lack today :(

Originally posted by jrwood
Thats the effect films lack today :(

Check out 'Deep Blue Sea', made me jump loads of times when I first watched it.

Pleas don't tell me you liked it.:(

Overall it was schlock to the max and obviously a fairly poor film (plus it's dated ALREADY!!) but it did make me jump.

Agreed. After SLJ comes too his end, it was down hill all the way.:)

Frailty is a bit pants. I think it suffered because it was never left to be one thing or another. It crossed too many streams of being either a thriller, horror or passing of age type thing i.e. Stand By Me. Plus the characters gave away their status far too easily and left no surprise, Powers Boothe as the killer for example.
Oh and the ambulance needed no explanation, as the Fed's were aware of it being left by the 'other' brother and no doubt just hauled it back. The convenience being everything inconvenient could be erased by Godly intervention but with enough sense to keep people ticking ahead.

I got the DVD thanks :), not a bad film as I like shark movies...
Stil after re-watching Jaws 20th anniversary film recently its held up well considering how old it is. Picture quality is fabulous too.

Thanks Encaser, Godly help is the clincher.:rolleyes:
Andas for Deep Blue Sea, a great film. Full of jumps and creepy noises/music and people get munched left, right and centre.
A thinking man's film.:D 10/10 for entertainment.

Originally posted by encaser
Frailty is a bit pants.

OK, not the best film ever made, but that's a bit OTT, IMO.

Saw it months ago (again "herself" fell asleep, but that's not uncommon :D ), & thought it was, as I said, OK.

Tried to be a bit different & succeeded to a degree.

If we're talking about plot - anyone seen Black Hawk Down?

Not even the slightest attempt at a story.

By comparison Frailty was a masterpiece :D

Originally posted by General Skanky
people get munched left, right and centre.
10/10 for entertainment.

Very blue:blush: :p :D

Kramer, as I said, it's a bit pants - weak. Reading the above, and most people agree it fails to keep/make viewers frail of emotion and guessing but succeeds in narcolepsy for some - interesting that some female viewers were the ones' to crash instead of stereotypically crack! It roams about too much.
At least Black Hawk Down never claimed to offer an indepth guide to the troubles but more of an assault/capture/rescue gone awry. Whereas Frailty was offered as a mysterious nerve jangler, which failed. Each to their own;)

Originally posted by General Skanky
people get munched left, right and centre. 10/10 for entertainment.

What about the 2 rear channels? :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom