General Fragrance & Men's Grooming Discussion

Shawpe

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
From a Classified Mods position can i make this perfectly clear to all:

Please do not accept nor offer any money upfront until all items are in hand. This should be a benefit to all who wish to partake and not a profit making exercise in anyway.

Both @Shawpe & @Showoff have already started this process and it's a fantastic gesture which shows the ethos and spirit of the AVF community.

Once everything is in hand then create a For Sale thread and have those who showed interest in here post and make payment within that thread.

Thanks.

not a profit making exercise in anyway

I have invested quite a bit of time in offering this split to people and a few members who have paid me for their 50ml, have quite generously rounded up as a gesture to reflect this.

This led me to start thinking, if I had worked on the basis of me getting 50ml paid for as part of the deal, the cost would only have risen to £44.40 each instead of £40.40.

Now, I'm not saying I would do this, as I'm quite aware that I have already benefitted by getting my fragrance at a better price, but I would like to get people's opinions on how they would feel about this and also if mods would allow it.

Would not bother me paying an extra couple of quid so that the person who invested all the time and the original money upfront "benefited" from it.

I have invested quite a bit of time in offering this split to people and a few members who have paid me for their 50ml, have quite generously rounded up as a gesture to reflect this.

This led me to start thinking, if I had worked on the basis of me getting 50ml paid for as part of the deal, the cost would only have risen to £44.40 each instead of £40.40.

Now, I'm not saying I would do this, as I'm quite aware that I have already benefitted by getting my fragrance at a better price, but I would like to get people's opinions on how they would feel about this and also if mods would allow it.
Assuming my split goes as well as yours seems to have, which I'm sure it will. I'd also be interested in the views of the people and the mods on this.

After my split is complete I'll have 100ml of Aventus, so probably wouldn't do another spilt of that for a while.

My selfish reason for doing the split in the first place is to save over £100 and helped others to also benefit at the same time.

I don't think I'd do all the work and risk again even if there was a profit, if I wasn't getting something I wanted as well and making a decent saving. Just being honest as it's not worth my time and effort just to make say £40?

Saying all that, like yourself I'm also planning to order a few samples of other fragrances including GIT and if I really like one or two of them I may do other split of one of those if there was enough interest and if I could get mine for nothing for taking the risk and doing the work even better. :)

For clarity. For my current split I'm only looking to cover my costs as you have.

Last edited:
Trading rule #4 -

Pro-traders are prohibited from using our classifieds. These are members who trade with the intent of making a profit. Goods traded here are for, or have been used for personal use. Therefore the trading of multiple items is not normally acceptable and members should contact a moderator if you wish an exception to be considered.

Group buys are a benefit to all as savings can be made but we've got to be careful that we don't drift into the above category.

This is definitely a great way to save on exceptional fragrances... Especially Creed. I currently have GIT, aventus and Santal. The savings are huge! My 3 are only the 30ml bottles and they were circa £100 each.
It's just the time it takes. I for one would be happy to pay a little bit more than just 'cost' to ensure a good deal for everyone.
I would be happy to split any of the Creed fragrances

Last edited:
I would be up for trying green Irish tweed if you decide to go ahead with another project. I liked aventus initially however have gone off it since

Hey guys
Whatever Creed fragrances you decide to split, Im in. Ive already added my name to the Aventus split and bloody missed out I think this time :(. but can you add me to the next Creed and GIT, without asking me please if they happen again. Thanks

I will keep checking periodically anyway so wont miss the posts. Just send me a PM would be best to say threads up.

Last edited:
I'd be in for 200ml of aventus!

This would be almost impossible unless you did the split yourself or lived locally to someone else who did.

RM will only allow a max of 150ML to be sent and are very anal about it, as they input every parcels ML amount and value as they process them.

Also, I wouldn't let someone have that much from one of my splits, it wouldn't be fair on others.

but can you add me to the next Creed and GIT, without asking me please if they happen again. Thanks.

I wouldn't do this, as again it's not fair on others and I'm not getting in to a position where I have a list of people pre-pre-reserved.

All my splits will be discussed here and once I decide to do one, I will then start taking reservations, so as you mention keep checking back/stay subscribed to thread.

Hopefully my card will arrive today and I can order our flacon of Aventus and a number of other samples.

If I REALLY like GIT and my split of Aventus works well, I may sell off my extra 50ml (at cost) and do another split of GIT, unless someone else decides to do a split first which I can just join. :)

Hi guys reading the hype about both creed and GIT I've order some samples from nose.fr and hopefully they will be arriving shortly

I know the reviews are overwhelmingly positive but I didn't want to buy it and not like it though I'm sure there would be plenty of takers if I was to put it back on here

Total for two 2.5ml for both inc shipping was just over €7

Hopefully I'll join the next split for one or both

Hi guys reading the hype about both creed and GIT I've order some samples from nose.fr and hopefully they will be arriving shortly

I know the reviews are overwhelmingly positive but I didn't want to buy it and not like it though I'm sure there would be plenty of takers if I was to put it back on here

Total for two 2.5ml for both inc shipping was just over €7

Hopefully I'll join the next split for one or both

On my next split I was planning on offering people the opportunity to buy samples too. I could then pack with their split or if not part of the split I would just pop in an envelope.

Although if Nose only charge €1 delivery it seems to make more sense to order direct.

I definitely get your point about blind buying though, but my thinking was that if I didn't like it, it would be easy enough to move on.

Was originally going to get sample from eBay but saw the feedback about the quality of the product from nose and thought just get a sample

So sample ordered see which one j like and I'll be on the next round

Good idea about doing samples. If it's as strong as people say may offer up smaller batches in the next split say 30ml share the aroma

I see a lot of splits on other forums/eBay offer 30ml, so definitely something to consider.

I was already considering limiting people to 50ml to help share it around (including for myself [emoji17]).

No problem guys, happy to subscribe and keep my eyes peeled. I will follow your instructions no bother :)
Thank you for offering this service :)

interested as well. will keep eyes peeled

I'm thinking of using these next time:

Aluminium Bottle & Atomiser 50ml - Purple Flame

I need to read up a bit more about storing in aluminium, but the small amount I've read so far seems to suggest it will be fine and some even say it's better than glass.

Edit: Scrap that, too much disagreement over how it effects the fragrance, so I will stick to glass.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I'm up for another spilt so I'll keep an eye on this thread.

BTW, Davidoff Cool Water is meant to be Old GIT so I'm going to check that out as it's considerably less expensive than the Creed version.

Tony

BTW, something for the ladies might be a good idea for another Creed split?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom