FragFX v2

Do all the FragFX's come with a mouse mat? I've just received my FragFX v2 and there wasn't one. I'm guessing only the higher spec ones have it?

Thanks

The 2 Frag Fx v2 i had both had a mouse mat in

Do all the FragFX's come with a mouse mat? I've just received my FragFX v2 and there wasn't one. I'm guessing only the higher spec ones have it?

Thanks

I got one with my FragFXv2 and another with my Frag FX Pro. If you want one, PM me your address mate and I'll pop one in the post to you :)

I had an earlier XPFS a year ago and yes, you do need to run these and the XIM type of devices through a PC or conveniently placed laptop.

For those that are ok with this, the performace I believe can be superb. Personally speaking they don't suit me hence my preference for a FragFX or Fragnstein but they are well liked by some.

Ahh... if that's the case, I'm with you there Wideload. I'll consider converting once they come up with something that doesn't require a PC/laptop intermediary.:D

PS. Bannco has emailed me twice since I told them my problem with the RF signals. I like how they're taking this seriously.

Glad to see that Bannco are doing their best to get to the root of your RF issues.

Are you registered on their user support forums? There are some good and constructive discussions there between users and Bannco and a fair bit of help too.

Glad to see that Bannco are doing their best to get to the root of your RF issues.

Are you registered on their user support forums? There are some good and constructive discussions there between users and Bannco and a fair bit of help too.

I'm not actually. But I did scroll through the forum last night to see if I can find anything to solve my problem.

But in any case, the distributor over here has offered to help me do some trouble-shooting tomorrow, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that. :thumbsup:

hey wideload, still no word from splitfish on your replacement?

so they did again remove alot of the negative feed back on their forums including my own.

"Hi All,

All comments have been moved to individual tickets and support is working through them as fast as they can - If you have not had your issue resolved yet, or have not received a response - Support will be getting back to you very soon.

Team Splitfish"

just trying to hide all they negative feedback they are getting i guess. they dont show anymore but alot of people have been complaining about how they have not been responding to anybody.

I had an earlier XPFS a year ago and yes, you do need to run these and the XIM type of devices through a PC or conveniently placed laptop.

For those that are ok with this, the performace I believe can be superb. Personally speaking they don't suit me hence my preference for a FragFX or Fragnstein but they are well liked by some.

You are wrong, mate. This adapter do not need any pc or laptop to work
XFPS Rateup adapter for PS 3
Just plug kb and mouse in it and play, all binding can be done with buttons on it and siaxis ps3 controller. But i can't find any reviews on this device, comparing it to spitfish or fragnstein.

I had Frag fx v1 and it was really terrible when i tried it, almost unusable in KZ2, even after all possible adjustments and firmware updates, so now i'm a little bit worring about buyinf the same thing with another name.

Sorry, yes I got an email from Splifish support yesterday. They expect to receive supplies of new Frag Pro's next week and my replacement will be shipped then.

I'm looking forward to putting it through it's paces...!

You are wrong, mate. This adapter do not need any pc or laptop to work
XFPS Rateup adapter for PS 3
Just plug kb and mouse in it and play, all binding can be done with buttons on it and siaxis ps3 controller. But i can't find any reviews on this device, comparing it to spitfish or fragnstein.

I had Frag fx v1 and it was really terrible when i tried it, almost unusable in KZ2, even after all possible adjustments and firmware updates, so now i'm a little bit worring about buyinf the same thing with another name.

Hey, if that's the case, that's awesome man.

I got some awesome news of my own. Turned out my Fragnstein dongle and mouse was faulty, so the distributor gave me replacements this morning.

Tested them out for about an hour just now on Bad Company and so far, I'm loving it. Will post more once I've run it through for a few more hours.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Also to let you fragnstein guys know there is a newer firmware update out called "Expert Firmware V1"

it addresses the deadzone and the mouse acceleration that I deemed making the mouse a challenge to play a smooth game without having to worry about the mouse accelerating too much with small movements and no acceleration with too much mouse movement.

Will check it out later today to see if it solves anything hopefully it should!

Also to let you fragnstein guys know there is a newer firmware update out called "Expert Firmware V1"

it addresses the deadzone and the mouse acceleration that I deemed making the mouse a challenge to play a smooth game without having to worry about the mouse accelerating too much with small movements and no acceleration with too much mouse movement.

Will check it out later today to see if it solves anything hopefully it should!

Thanks Bigskill89 :smashin: I noticed this on the Bannco forums earlier this morning and decided that it was worth being half an hour late to work in the name of testing and research of course :)

There is a definative difference in how it functions over the previous firmware. I like the less deadzone and it does seem to be even smoother, although as ever, I changed my RF to 5. I'd gotten too used to the mouse acceleration but it's clearly an additional improvement.

Bannco suggest in-game sensetivity at 4 with 0 clicks of the mouse wheel. I found this to be a little too slow so pushed the mouse wheel up to 4 clicks, which did the trick for me. Played half an hour of Special Ops and loved it.

Simpleguy - sounds like your problems may be solved. Let us know how you get on once you've had more fun with it :thumbsup:

so mouse acceleration has been elminated? thats the only problem i was faced with, the deadzone hmm, maybe i did suffer from that but was more concerned with the accelelration!

My RF seems to be abit dodgy too anyway, when i first used it within an hour if i lifted my mouse up to navigate through the menu without sliding the mouse around but it would seem the mouse was flickering because it was flickering through the menu. I had to set my RF to 4 it eliminated the menu flickering, but still if i lift the mouse up ingame, the crosshair would still move around the screen, is strange

Thanks Bigskill89 :smashin: I noticed this on the Bannco forums earlier this morning and decided that it was worth being half an hour late to work in the name of testing and research of course :)

There is a definative difference in how it functions over the previous firmware. I like the less deadzone and it does seem to be even smoother, although as ever, I changed my RF to 5. I'd gotten too used to the mouse acceleration but it's clearly an additional improvement.

Bannco suggest in-game sensetivity at 4 with 0 clicks of the mouse wheel. I found this to be a little too slow so pushed the mouse wheel up to 4 clicks, which did the trick for me. Played half an hour of Special Ops and loved it.

Simpleguy - sounds like your problems may be solved. Let us know how you get on once you've had more fun with it :thumbsup:

Yea man, I'm so looking forward to it now. Got a ton of FPS lined up. Will probably finish Bad Company first before I move on the Modern Warfares (yes, I haven't started on MW1 yet - got lotsa catching up to do).

Woo hooo!

Tried the the Firmware (expert 1.00) on the Fragnstein today seems even better:thumbsup: nice work guys

All we need now is button mapping for the mouse wheel:)!

Hi guys,

Tested the new Expert Firmware ver. 1 just now for about an hour. I like the improvement in mouse sensitivity when aiming. As I recall, the previous firmwares had slower mouse movement when aiming compared to the movements while, err, moving.

However, for some reason, I feel as if the overall mouse movements are not as smooth as Firmware Ver. 2. I haven't flashed the dongle back to Firmware Ver. 2 yet to do a proper comparison, but I could swear I noticed an itty bitty little bit of choppiness in Expert Firmware Ver. 1 during the one hour that I was playing just now. It's not so bad that I couldn't aim at all, just takes a bit more effort than usual. But then again, I do note that the Expert Firmware Ver. 1 is still a beta.

I have a caveat about my experience though - I was playing Bad Company, and not Modern Warfare 2 (I think most people are playing MW2 at the moment, and are therefore testing out their Fragnsteins on MW2). My settings are as follows - max sensitivity for in-game settings; Fragnstein mouse sensitivity at Center Point. I also ran Bad Company 2 Beta and got similar results.

Will try it out on MW and MW2 when as soon as I get the chance to.

I think you should tell your notes on last firmware to developer about mouse sens in Bad Company, because most of the ppl now use MW2.

I think you should tell your notes on last firmware to developer about mouse sens in Bad Company, because most of the ppl now use MW2.

Sounds like a good idea xenol, but let me just give it a few more runs to make sure I didn't imagine it. :)

Hi guys,

I've tried out both Expert Firmware 1.0 and 1.1 so here's my feedback.

1.0 seems to have a slight issue with Y-axis mouse movements - it's not as smooth as the X-axis movements.

1.1 appears to have fixed that issue somewhat, but personally, I still feel there's room for improvement as the Y-axis mouse movements are still not at par with the X-axis movements, which are great. You'lll notice the difference when you make minute movements along the two axis.

However, having said that, that little shortcoming is not a deal-breaker as you can still play a decent games, particularly with the improvements in the aim speed as well as the now off-by-default scroll wheel look. I think you can switch it on if you prefer it, but I haven't tried that yet.

Errr... this thread seems to be a little quiet lately... are you guys busy fragging away with the new firmwares?

Hi guys,

I've tried out both Expert Firmware 1.0 and 1.1 so here's my feedback.

1.0 seems to have a slight issue with Y-axis mouse movements - it's not as smooth as the X-axis movements.

1.1 appears to have fixed that issue somewhat, but personally, I still feel there's room for improvement as the Y-axis mouse movements are still not at par with the X-axis movements, which are great. You'lll notice the difference when you make minute movements along the two axis.

However, having said that, that little shortcoming is not a deal-breaker as you can still play a decent games, particularly with the improvements in the aim speed as well as the now off-by-default scroll wheel look. I think you can switch it on if you prefer it, but I haven't tried that yet.

Errr... this thread seems to be a little quiet lately... are you guys busy fragging away with the new firmwares?

Hi Simpleguy - thanks for the updates on the newest Bannco firmware. I was using Expert 1.0 and probably had similar niggles to you with it but then again found it playable and an improvement.

I've been sent away for 10 days with work (currently sitting in departures at Manchester Airport) so won't be in front of my PS3 for about a week. I'm sure there'll be more firmware updates out by then but can't wait to get back and to play with the Fragnstein further :)

I also should hopefully have had my replacement FragFX Pro delivered to my office sometime this week so I'll get the chance to try that out next week too.

Enjoy the Fragnstein :)

Hi Simpleguy - thanks for the updates on the newest Bannco firmware. I was using Expert 1.0 and probably had similar niggles to you with it but then again found it playable and an improvement.

I've been sent away for 10 days with work (currently sitting in departures at Manchester Airport) so won't be in front of my PS3 for about a week. I'm sure there'll be more firmware updates out by then but can't wait to get back and to play with the Fragnstein further :)

I also should hopefully have had my replacement FragFX Pro delivered to my office sometime this week so I'll get the chance to try that out next week too.

Enjoy the Fragnstein :)

You still haven't got the Frag Pro yet? Wow, it's been a while now isn't it?

Yea, I'm so enjoying my Fragnstein... Only wished I had more time to play.

So you guys advice to buy fragnstein instead of latest frag fx pro wireless ?

hmm, never experianced the fragfx pro, but since ive got my fragnstein about 2 weeks ago they have come over leaps and bounds in terms or their firmware versions. Each time addressing the problem the previous version had improving everytime.
In MW2 my performance has shot through the roof, from having a negative KD ratio of about 0.7 to now a positive KD ratio of just over 1.1 in my overall stats since the new expert firmware versions. Im fussy when it comes to mouse sensitivity I even used to save me pc game configs and mouse settings when it came to formatting my pcs so I still has the perfect setting each time.
Ive been getting scores such as 17-0, 23-2 29-5 since the newer firmwares, so I suppose the firmwares can only get better and better too.

hey guys

im from the uk and would like to buy one of these fragnsteins... can somone tell me where i can get one?

cant find any sites that sell this item other than the states...

uk is prefered of cause!

thx :)

So you guys advice to buy fragnstein instead of latest frag fx pro wireless ?

Hi Xenol,

For your benefit, and anyone else considering which one to get, here's my experience.

Let me just do a quick run-down:

Physical Design

At first glance, the Frag Pro looks more impressive in terms of design when compared to the Fragnstein. The Frag Pro is more curvy while the Fragnstein has a more conservative look.

However, I preferred the feel of the Fragnstein. Using the Fragnstein's Grip and Mouse feels more comfortable to me mainly to their size. The Fragnstein Grip and Mouse are smaller than the Frag Pro's and because of that, they feel more comfortable. During the two hours or so that I actually used the Frag Pro, my left hand felt as if it was starting to get cramps after a while of using the Grip, and as for its Mouse, I find that due to the bigger design, it's harder to reach the triangle, square, circle and X buttons. I recall having to struggle really hard to press the triangle button while I was playing Bad Company to get the knife out, but in the end I got knifed by the NPC Russian soldier instead (which was awfully embarassing).

I also preferred the Fragnstein's scroll wheel, which feels much more solid than the Frag Pro's - I find that I had no problem pressing the scroll wheel down for R3 on the Fragnstein without turning left, right, up or down by accident; on the Frag Pro, I had no such luck. I also feel the macro button on the Frag Pro's Grip is in an awful position as you can easily press it by accident.

So far, my only slight issue with the Fragnstein in terms of design is the position of the PS button on the Grip - in the heat of the battle, you can press it accidentally (I think a number of users have voiced this out) sometimes. The other thing that I think can be improved upon would be to tilt the L1 and L2 buttons on the Fragnstein Grip to the left by just a bit, coz sometimes, I can't seem to keep L1 pressed constantly to aim (maybe my fingers are too short, heheh).

I think I've mentioned before that I didn't like the plastic material used to make the Frag Pro as it felt cheap. The fact that it's very light doesn't help it. The Fragnstein is slightly better. I say slightly because it still can't compare to a Logitech mouse or the Dualshock3's material. However, I must add that Bannco cleverly used plastics of different texture and also made sure the mouse (and grip too I think) wasn't too light. I didn't pop them open to check what's inside, but I'll make an educated guess that there are probably some weights inside.

Performance

To be fair, I shall only compare my experiences with both controllers on Bad Company (I didn't have Modern Warfare 1 or 2 during the short time that I had the Frag Pro).

I liked how I had no problems with signal drops with the Frag Pro right out of the box. I'll give credit to the Frag Pro's frag button - an analogue button to slow down mouse movements for those precise shots. Unfortunately, I feel the placement of the button is kinda awkward being just above the L1 button (and I had trouble trying to press that frag button, so I just ignored it as a result) However, I was not impressed with how the mouse performed. The movements were very choppy no matter what setting I tried. As a result, gameplay suffered. Aiming was difficult, and so was moving up a staircase. The controls also went haywire on me towards the end, but that might be from me accidentally pressing the macro button (but I can't confirm that for sure).

With the Fragnstein, I had initial problems (which I'll get to shortly) but once everything was up and running, the performance was great. Mouse movements were quite smooth and although it doesn't rival the smoothness of a mouse on a computer, that is being tweaked by Bannco as I type this I believe. On the latest firmware - the Expert Firmware 1.1 - I still notice a very slight choppiness in the Y axis movements (compared to the X axis movements, which seems just about flawless from as far as I can tell).

I liked that I only needed one AA battery each with the Fragnstein compared to three AAA batteries each for the Frag Pro.

After sales support

This is where I think Fragnstein beats Frag Pro hands down. Fragnstein's maker Bannco has been releasing firmware after firmware since the controller was released, each time improving its performance. Bannco's support team also respond very quickly and regularly to any reported issues with suggestions and tips for trouble-shooting. That and the fact that they listened to Fragnstein users' suggestions (I'm sure they turned the mouse scroll wheel look off by default in the latest firmware, with the option to turn it back on, because of this). I must also add that I'm very impressed with their distributor in Singapore as well, as he not only offers and honours a 2-year warranty, he also goes out of his way to do troubleshooting for users encountering problems.

As for Frag Pro's maker Splitfish, I can't comment on their support team because I haven't had any personal experience with them (I didn't email them about the problems I faced). I do note however that a true firmware upgrade for the Frag Pro has not materialised yet to date, even though one was promised for Nov 14, which turned out to be a tweak utility rather than a firmware upgrade. Their track record for firmware upgrades is also not great, judging by those available for the wired FragFX v2 (how many was it, one?).

Another observation about Splitfish is this (and I have mentioned this before): It seems that either Splitfish or its agents or people aligned to it get very defensive on online forums and Youtube. Any post/review that reveals a flaw to the Frag Pro (or even the earlier FragFX) seems to have been met with some form of hostility from these parties. I don't know if these commentors are indeed from Splitfish or are somehow related to them, but if they are, then seriously, they're very desperate. Another thing that I don't like about Splitfish is how they seem to be closing their door on the battery drain issue (see below) on the Frag Pro grip - the manual says to take out the batteries if you're not using it for five days or more but on the Splitfish website, this has been amended to "a day or two" (see my previous post).

Manufacturing defects

I was unfortunate enough to end up with defective units of both the Frag Pro and the Fragnstein.
With the Frag Pro, it was basically the Grip draining the batteries even when it's switched off. This was one half of the reason why I returned my Frag Pro to the store. The other reason is because I didn't like how the mouse performed. However, I must add that the performance of the mouse can, at least in theory, be improved via firmware upgrades. Now if only Splitfish posted one of these firmware upgrades.

As for the FRagnstein, I initially had a problem with the Grip - which, to cut a long story short, refused to turn on. I got that exchanged only to discover that my dongle was also defective - the defective dongle actually cost me a whole afternoon of troubleshooting coz I couldn't get a steady connection beyond a metre. The mouse I had was also apparently defective coz some of the buttons don't respond well. I've highlighted all this to both Bannco and the Singapore distributor, both of whom has been very helpful. Once I got the defective units replaced, I finally got the chance to see what the Fragnstein was all about, and I like how it performs so far. The fact that the Singapore distributor is very forthcoming is a big plus for me as it assures me I won't be stuck with a defective unit.

Conclusion? Both Bannco and Splitfish need to step up quality control at their manufacturers.

Side notes

The Frag Pro comes with a mouse pad and a USB extension cable that's a few inches long while the Fragnstein does not come with any of these.

So my verdict after being so longwinded? Get the Fragnstein (and a nice mousepad, maybe something from Razer). :thumbsup:

Ps... I am not in any way affiliated to either Bannco or Splitfish. I'm just a guy who enjoys FPSes and who misses the keyboard and mouse experience he got from PC gaming previously.

Fantastic comparison review Simpleguy. It completely echos my thoughts and I'm sure it will be very helpful to anybody trying to choose between the two devices :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom