FR HDD recording to DVD-R or Ram fault E85

Bal2005

Established Member
Reaction score
HI

Sorry if this has been partly brought up in the past but I couldn't find a solution.

I recorded a film in FR mode on a DVD-RAM disc first then dubbed this to my HDD.

Now I wanted to put this onto a DVD-R and after wasting three DVD-R's I thought I'd try and see what happens on a DVD-Ram.

What is happening is that it seems to complete dubbing but then my E85 resets with the Self-Check and boots back up. The DVD-R's had bee writen to as it said it has 1gb remaining.

What I don't know is, why it won't allow me to dub my HDD content onto any disc's now? I have never tried recording in FR mode until I read it is better to do this with films etc which are 3hours as it produces a higher picture.

Does the FR mode get affected if I end up deleting say adverts out as I know FR is a combination of recording modes?

Any help please on this and yes I can dub other things which aren't recorded in FR mode.

Thanks

Strange, as it seems I am slightly incorrect on this.

I just tried dubbing something I recorded on SP onto a DVD-R and that also does the same thing?

Is my drive faulty with DVD-R's now for some reason.

The only addition I have now is a HDTV and this shouldn't in anyway have anything to do with it.

I'm a little confused now on what is happening.

Thanks

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Hi

Thanks for the reply but I have read alot of the forum now and it seems the fault is only appearing when I edit the stuff before sticking it on a DVD-R or Ram.

I don't think it is copy protection as I recorded one of my films off a FTA asian channel and I know this shouldn't have it.

As above I think for some reason, when I take out adverts etc it must corrupt what I have recorded and then fails to allow me to finish the dubbing.

The reason for my second post was an update as it now makes sense, as when I tried dubbing something I haven't touched yet from M#V it allowed me to dub to a DVD-RAM.

I'll soon find out if I need to clear my HDD down and re-format it.

Thanks

Update

Ok I am really confused now.

If I put in a new blank DVD-Ram my E85 reboots but I can record onto it after?

Is my drive faulty or has my firmware falling over?

Thanks

What brand DVD-Rs are you using?

Did they work OK before you encountered this problem?

I have similar problems. Take a look at my thread:

"Panasonic DMR-EH50 - FR mode dubbing failures" (page 7)

Since then I have bought some Verbatim (8x) Taiyo Yuden DVD-Rs but not tried them yet.

When I do get the FR to work it is very good. 3 hours on 1 disc looks excellent.

RAB67 said:
What brand DVD-Rs are you using?

Did they work OK before you encountered this problem?

I have similar problems. Take a look at my thread:

"Panasonic DMR-EH50 - FR mode dubbing failures" (page 7)

Since then I have bought some Verbatim (8x) Taiyo Yuden DVD-Rs but not tried them yet.

When I do get the FR to work it is very good. 3 hours on 1 disc looks excellent.

Hi mate

I did think that but I have been using Grade A ritek disc's from the same batch and also the strange thing is, I am not able to dub to a DVD-RAM so it can't be to do with the DVD-R's?

Today I recorded Ashes Fever on CH4 and surely this can't be copy protected if it a copy protection problem.

I just hope I don't need to format my disc as it is nearly full.

Thanks

It was a Ritek 4x disc which decided it would not eject from my E85 after recording 30 mins or so of a BBC2 documentary. I finally had to open up the laser compartment to remove the disc and this involves removing the front of the machine after taking off the top cover. What maddens me is that the disc was quite free on the drive. This was first disc from a spindle of 25. Didn't try any more. SVP replaced them with Datawrite 8x which have worked fine. Having said that - this problem must be something to do with your dubbing if the discs will record normally from TV or VHS in real time mode.

Ok, I've think I've sorted it.

I opened my recorder up and made sure everything was ok, which it seemed to be.

I then connected the recorder back up and now everything works.

Maybe I just needed a 5 minute powerdown which must have reset memory like PC's have things left in memory until you do a hard power off.

I have burnt a DVD-R and also to a DVD-Ram.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom