FQ75 NTSC playback through SCART - how do I set this up?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Comicman, Jul 4, 2002.

1. Comicman

Comicman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was reading this on a site about trying to get improved ntsc playback through the s-video scart:

'It is also incorrect to state as you do above that ntsc playback is not possible on the rear svideo inputs - it is - it has to be enable through the service menu - for some reason its switched off on delivery'

Does anyone know how to do this, I'm sure I tried last night and couldn't find it, perhaps being a dunse but if anyone has better instruction as to how to do this please let me know.

It's just that I bought some new s-video leads and audio leads and I may have bought them for nothing if I can get as good a picture via the scart instead of having the wires dangling down the front of my TV. I can't use RGB SCART as my DVD player doesn't output it so I have tried DVD via s-video at the front and it is superb - I just want this quality but through the scart instead. I've been told it should be the same quality.

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    From what i can gather from your post all you need is a fully wired scart to scart, when connecting the scart to the TV select AV2/AV3 for S-Video, no need to go in the service menu to enable NTSC the set will magically switch to NTSC when it receives the signal....just make sure S-Video has been selected on the DVD player.
    OR
    Purchase a S-Video to scart lead, plug the round end in the back of the DVD and the other end in the back of your TV, same applies select AV2/AV3 for S-Video
    Think you'll find it was the TV that was switched off, no power sockets in the back of the van.....:D

Bob

3. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0