1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FQ75 Blurry

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Church11, Feb 15, 2002.

1. Church11

Church11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I've read about all the problems that people have been having with the FQ75.

Somehow I haven't got the scrolling bar problem (as far as I can tell) but I do have two other problems:-

1. Digital Teletext is totally rubbish looking on screen. The left handside of the picture is totally blurred and only readable when reducing brightness down to a really low level.

2. Red seems to be very strong in comparison to the other colours on screen. Again highlighted by Digital Teletext and to a degree by DVD's.

3. If I happen to swtich to AV1 or AV2 with the input to that Scart off or the sound low when the input is on - I get the sound of whatever analgue channel the tuner is set to.

4. The TV seems to leak alot of interference. I have to position other kit carefully away from it e.g. Cordless Headphones for them not to experience interference. I don't know if that normal - but on the other big (normal Toshiba) tv in the house - I don't have this problem?

From what I've seen I doubt there are any solutions to the above - I've only got the manufacturer's warrenty and I bought it last May...so I doubt there is much I can do. But if anyone's any advice as to any tweaks I could try to improve things - they'd be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Malc.

2. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my fq had the blurred teletext on the left to, along with scrolling bars and a picture that kept flickering at the sides like it was trying to squeeze the picture toward the centre of the screen. i sent it back to currys after 6 months and got a different brand.