FPV/Video glasses using with external camera

krupus

Hello. Perhaps this is not the best place to ask this question, but I figure most of you fly with FPV goggles and can advice me. I want to stream digital camera output to video goggles. I would like to know what cameras are best suited for such application.

Keep in mind that this application is not for drone flying, this is intended to be used in a completely different situation where a person will put his goggles, connect a small camera using wired connection and point it to a direction he wants to be filming. If he wants, he can even rotate the camera to himself and see himself. We chose wired connection because the long distance is not needed, the camera will always be within close distance of a person, however, If we can achieve very good video quality using wireles connection, this would also be good.

It is very important that the video quality is as good as possible - price is not an issue. However, the size is. The camera must be small and compact (Ideally something like a gopro size maybe even smaller).

Some of the FPV goggles such as hdo2 have hdmi input, which I assume would allow me to connect an external camera such as: China High quality Foxeer BOX 2 4K HD Action Camera SuperVison with affordable price

Can someone who have HDO2 glasses confirm that?

The glasses that I am considering: (From what I know, all of them support HDMI input)

HDO2 FPV Drone Racing Goggles - FSV1123 | Fat Shark

GOOVIS Young (T2) Personal Mobile Cinema

FPView 3DHD

Ideally, it would be fatsharks because other brands seem a bit dodgy to me. Not enough reviews.

I would appreciate any recommendations for camera / goggles for this application. Thanks in advance

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom