FPS Freek thumbstick add on.

Hmmmm, not convinced somehow!!!!!

me neither. I just don't 'see it'

Hmmmm, not convinced somehow!!!!!

I think it's one of those products you have to try it to see it's benefits, like the Caps4stix.

I seen the speedfreak a good while ago and I was interested, had no idea about the FPS freak though.

Might get them both in the near future.

Tried the caps4stix. They slide off the sticks whenever you actually play anything that requires any pace to the movement.

Tried the caps4stix. They slide off the sticks whenever you actually play anything that requires any pace to the movement.

Did you put butter on the sticks first? :)

I've had them on there for 2 years on both controllers and can't see how they slide off at all.

I'm semi-convinced. The idea is sound in my book, by lengthening the throw of the sticks they should overcome the variance of force required to shift them through their full range.

They are a bit pricey for what they are, but I may give them a go anyway. If they work as promised they'll be worth it for me.
Their site is a bit shoddy though, not convinced they've put enough effort into the e-commerce side of it.

The whole 'pro-gamer' tag is nonsense though yes. Jay C hit the nail on the head I think.

I've had them on there for 2 years on both controllers and can't see how they slide off at all.

I've never had them slide off either, I guess the key is not to put so much pressure on the sticks, not that it's required anyway.

On the subject of 'pro gaming' I don't think there's any doubt upgrading your equipment to make yourself better actually works. It's like how PC gamers buy top of the range mouses etc. If it gives you even a slight edge over your opponents then it will sell, and that's the way the industry has been... well it probably always has been, and it will continue to be that way.

Sorry boys but what you all need is geltabz.

Best. Thing. Ever.

Pity you can't buy them over here though...

Yes you can :) i bought mine from HERE. :thumbsup:

Good shout that. I still have a spare set from when a mate went to the US.

Don't know why they aren't linked from the main geltabz page though.

Do they touch when youy click the thumstick in a direction, for instance sprinting on CoD4?

Just wondering as it's hard to tell from the pick.

Nope, and no amount of abuse will shake mine loose...

on Snake Doctor's advice i've just bought the geltabz...

Do they really make a big difference, reading a review online it sounds like they do however as i've never bought analog grips before i'm a little unsure.

Thanks in advance for any review / explaination :D

on Snake Doctor's advice i've just bought the geltabz...

Do they really make a big difference, reading a review online it sounds like they do however as i've never bought analog grips before i'm a little unsure.

Thanks in advance for any review / explaination :D

They just give you that little bit extra grippage. I can't use a pad without them now. It makes the surface area a bit larger so you can be a little bit more accurate. The ridges are a bit bigger than the standard sticks too so you get more 'feel'.

Don't expect them to make you into some kind of superhuman sharpshooter who never misses though. Even the best virtual gun in the world is only as good as the person holding it!

You will need to, ahem, sweat them in first. This isn't as bad as it sounds! They'll be a bit slippy the first time you use them but once they are bedded in they'll be fine.

Everyone I know who's tried them has said they like them, but hey, whats £6? If you don't like them I'll buy them off you!

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

SD

going to give these a go aswell thanks for info

i bought some of the caps4sticks but after only a cpl of days the dimple in the 2 oclaock pos came off, then when i moved it around a bit another one came off, only on the left stick, the right one okay,mayb dont get as much pressure on it, only play cod. int also to see ur opinions on the more expensive ones.

just bought myself some, will let you know how i get on with them

Oh ive just seen this on a review "Please note that only the Xbox 360 and the Xbox ones can be used for either system. For any other system you need to order the right ones."

The ones i bought said xbox360 xbox ps2 ps3 - have i bought the wrong ones? Am i suppose to buy the ones that are just for xbox 360 not cross platform?

i cant believe so many of you use these things for the xbox remote...
i cud almost understand paying £6 for the ps remote, but for the xbox?!:confused:

i cant believe so many of you use these things for the xbox remote...
i cud almost understand paying £6 for the ps remote, but for the xbox?!:confused:

Well it's to do with the anaolgue sticks as opposed to the ergonomics/design of the controller. The sticks are hardly 'grippy' so it makes sense, and in my opinion it works, well - Caps4stix I use. Only a couple of quid, you won't look back.

I use them on my Dualshock 3 too.

Can't comment on the other products.

Hey at least the triggers on the 360 controller are fine. Hilarious that the dualshock ones are curved the wrong way. What genious at Sony has never noticed that? Oh well, gives these small 'accessories' companies a job after all!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom